• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

EvB

Wait will all the 1Xs come with the stand or is it sold separately.
Never got a 1S so i never actually found out if the stand was in the box or not, cuz I really frikken want that Stand now.

P.S Will all the 1X controllers have grey scale face buttons.....cuz i always thought the colored face buttons spoiled an otherwise very clean controller.

The stands only came with the day one/2tb Xbox S.

DHjfk1KXcAAUHEy.jpg:large

Box art looks good IMO

That's a goddamn work of art.

If it had an elite controller I'd consider a purchase, but Microsoft's commitment to releasing their games on PC is why I may never buy an Xbox again.

If it had an elite controller I'd consider a purchase, but Microsoft's commitment to releasing their games on PC is why I may never buy an Xbox again.

On the contrary, I have an 1080ti PC, and I'm buying one! Gears 4 won't have HDR on PC, no 4K Halo 5 on PC, they'll be other examples I'm sure, and I really like those games; also PC does not have an HEVC 4K HDR game DVR, you'd have to spend over £1000 on some gear that can handle that spec on the fly encoding, that is a great bullet point.

DxD

Banned
That is so tacky.

But I like the design though since you know, it looks like the PS2 design.
I bet the regular one will look better without that horrible ugly font.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The "premium" XB1X console will come without a vertical stand in the default SKU. Most likely this Project Scropio edition will come with a stand included similar to the how the 2TB XB1s SKU was the only one to have the vertical stand included.

The XB1s vertical stand costs about €20/$20, the XB1X version will most likely cost the same.

The stands only came with the day one/2tb Xbox S.

20 bucks....damn.
Looking on Amazon theres None-official ones going for a quarter the price of the official.
If my unit doesnt come with one im hoping the aftermarket companies make one for a kind price quick.

Heck if im lucky some Gaffers will be getting rid of their stands if not needed.
That is so tacky.

But I like the design though since you know, it looks like the PS2 design.
I bet the regular one will look better without that horrible ugly font.
V
Please don't be that guy

mSSg0LY.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I wonder if the Project Scorpio Edition has something unique to it inside the console. Like a bigger hard drive or something else.

madmackem

I wonder if the Project Scorpio Edition has something unique to it inside the console. Like a bigger hard drive or something else.
It has to be for the same price whatever it is, with the asking price of £450 they just can't ask for more on top for a day one edition it would be the most expensive console since what the Cdi.

Audioboxer

The green text is a bit 90's Matrix, but overall it's a lot better looking than the PS4 Pro which is a fucking trainwreck.

Bgamer90

Banned
The green text is a bit 90's Matrix, but overall it's a lot better looking than the PS4 Pro which is a fucking trainwreck.

PS4 Pro looks better in person than it does in pictures. I thought it was OOGLY before buying one. I still find the PS4 Pro pretty ugly/strange looking though.

The Xbox One X looks like a modernized (fat) PS2.

JoeLT

If the text was white I would have bought on, oh and if they did the logo differently on the controller. This is just ugly.

The standard One X is a little too minimalist to me. Just two black boxes stack on each other. No real personality. I know some want a box that's unassuming but I like the text on it.

Audioboxer

Can't argue with that. Pro looks like a triple stacked liquorice allsort with the icing sucked out

PS4 Pro looks better in person than it does in pictures. I thought it was OOGLY before buying one. I still find the PS4 Pro pretty ugly/strange looking though.

The Xbox One X looks like a modernized (fat) PS2.

The led on the front of the Pro is an absolute design disgrace. The buttons aren't much better. Triple stack design is ymmv for who likes it and who doesn't, personally, I think it's ugly. I'd rather just have a reasonably sized black slab with a sleekish front panel. The Pro isn't fat PS3 levels of bad, but it's still bad. Sony needs to reshuffle whatever high paid designers they have working on hardware.

Top Bottom