• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Detective

DHjfk1KXcAAUHEy.jpg:large

Box art looks good IMO

That looks amazing.
OG Xbox feeling. Was hoping they would have gone with that as a design.

Ok, I will buy that.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Lol. I love you guys. You can't stand the console itself enough to say no buy because of writing on it. The box it comes in grabs you back to buy?

statham

I've made $300 bucks selling 3d copies of my bluray movies, along with 3D-XL clone, $150 to go, but the XBS being sold should cover most of that. Tho not selling the S until I have a X in da house.

Head.spawn

So you can use Xbox One X standing vertically?

Yes.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/11/xbox-one-x-e3-2017/

Inspired by the sleek design elements of Xbox One S, now in black, Xbox One X is not only the most powerful console we've ever created, it's also the smallest. Like the Xbox One S, it includes a 4K UHD Blu-ray player, built-in power supply, three USB 3.0 ports (one in the front and two in the back), and IR blaster. It can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand. For those who already own an Xbox One S, all the cables you own will transfer over, with port locations designed to be an easy plug-and-play swap in your existing gaming setup.

Hawk269

Just showed it to my Wife and she wants it as well. We were going to buy 2 regardless... would Gamestop allow someone to preorder 2? Wife has to work on Sunday.

Hawk269

They should of went balls out and made the dev kit version as a limited high end version for $699.99 with a 4tb internal and the 24gb ram and the dev kit gpu. Use the extra ram for a big ass cache...oh and the front panel lcd.

cakely

The box looks nice.

Ffff there's also green lettering on the console itself. Why? The matte grey Xbox One X looks great without any extra nonsense tacked on.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
They should of went balls out and made the dev kit version as a limited high end version for $699.99 with a 4tb internal and the 24gb ram and the dev kit gpu. Use the extra ram for a big ass cache...oh and the front panel lcd.

They won't do that. The Devs need to know everyone has the same types of boxes out there.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The box looks nice.

Ffff there's also green lettering on the console itself. Why? The matte grey Xbox One X looks great without any extra nonsense tacked on.

IT would have looked amazing had the text been laser etched into the plastic itself like the actual word Xbox is.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That box looks fucking epic though.
The green colour of the text just looks bad on the black, the font is nice though.

It's god damn cardboard. That's really pushing you to spend $500? Cardboard with a picture on it?

You guys are nuts.
Calm down. I'm sure they had plans to open the darn box to play the console inside. This is just a plus for them.

The box is doing it's job.

It's god damn cardboard. That's really pushing you to spend $500? Cardboard with a picture on it?

You guys are nuts.

packaging matters. Look at cars. Many of them are very very similar outside of the body of the car. What you see, how it's presented.

I've made $300 bucks selling 3d copies of my bluray movies, along with 3D-XL clone, $150 to go, but the XBS being sold should cover most of that. Tho not selling the S until I have a X in da house.

Is this a joke or are you bootlegging movies, or what's up? Failing to follow.

tuxfool

Banned
Calm down. I'm sure they had plans to open the darn box to play the console inside. This is just a plus for them.

The box is doing it's job.

What they are writing says otherwise. Paraphrasing for a few of them: "The cardboard box sold me on buying a new console".

... What.

Can't believe this is so complicated but lets try it.

The quoted poster was upset because the packaging of the XB1X seemed to be swaying people. So I took cars as an example. The exterior of the car is what sets it aside from the 5 or 6 other cars that are damn near exactly like it from other companies. It's the presentation of that car that catches your eye. Same thing here. The box, the presentation, is very eye catching. And while it might not convince someone walking into the store to buy it if they had no interest to begin with, people on the fence could and clearly ARE being swayed. It's sleek, eye catching.

tuxfool

Banned

The quoted poster was upset because the packaging of the XB1X seemed to be swaying people. So I took cars as an example. The exterior of the car is what sets it aside from the 5 or 6 other cars that are damn near exactly like it from other companies. It's the presentation of that car that catches your eye. Same thing here. The box, the presentation, is very eye catching. And while it might not convince someone walking into the store to buy it if they had no interest to begin with, people on the fence could and clearly ARE being swayed. It's sleek, eye catching.

You usually don't unpack the interior of a car and throw the bodywork into the trash. It's a disposable paper box, in many cases it will have dings, scratches etc (doing its job), only weirdos are going to stick a box up for display.

I consider the box to basically be the equivalent of a beautifully designed marketing brochure or key visual. Eye-catching and memorable. Makes you curious. Interested to know more. That converts eyeballs to interest.

The console design/shell is the 'exterior' of the car.

I'm just perplexed at the choice of comparison. ( car design - box ). If you had said ( car design - console design ), I wouldn't even bother to reply in this thread.

Hawk269

I don't know of a 2TB Xbox One X version. I also don't think MS is willing to offer a console above $500 tbh.

My info is you can pre-order the limited scorpio edition day one.

iV0CBch.png

Thanks!!!! For those opting not to get the Special Edition and you need a stand, I would be willing to give mine away since I will NEVER stand it on it's side. I will probably do a little Xbox Trivia contest or something for it when it comes out. If I am able to pre-order 2 (my wife wants one as well) then I will have 2 stands available to give away.

Some of us keep the boxes. I still have my PS4 and Ps4 Pro boxes. Along with my Day 1 XB1 box.

Let's be real though; most people don't keep the boxes. Mine will sure as shit be in the trash can within a week after purchase (assuming I can get one without The Matrix branding). PM me if you'd like to buy it.

vg260

Let's be real though; most people don't keep the boxes. Mine will sure as shit be in the trash can within a week after purchase (assuming I can get one without The Matrix branding). PM me if you'd like to buy it.

I keep my boxes if I have the storage room. It has helped with resale. As far as a console goes, the box design is irrelevant to me. What I care about is how well the system is protected on the inside. Microsoft is usually pretty good about padding their consoles with foam spacers, unlke Sony with just cardboard.

LQX

I keep boxes for EVERYTHING. Resale value for a lot of things is much better with a box.

statham

Is this a joke or are you bootlegging movies, or what's up? Failing to follow.

3D movies for awhile, maybe still is, includes the bluray and dvd discs, I'm just selling the 3D discs, but half of that was selling a 3d-xl clone,.
edit: I'm selling all my 3d equipment, had a projector, 3d convertor and tons of movies. My projector even at 720p on 120inch screen still looks awesome, keeping that, but the rest f my 3d stuff is going bye-bye.

Top Bottom