• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- The Yellow Debate

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rekubot said:
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/25598/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-artwork/

Pretty much every OoT artwork ever in high quality. Absolutely beautiful.
Shame they stuck their silly watermark over them. There needs to be an Internet law against this.

Myriadis said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen the third artwork as a child.I even think that it was the boxart,but I searched and the only boxart I could find was the simple Zelda logo on black background.Maybe I'm ust imaging things-maybe it was in the manual.
Well the artwork isn't new so chances are you saw it in the form of a promotion.

Rekubot said:
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/25598/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-artwork/

Pretty much every OoT artwork ever in high quality. Absolutely beautiful.

One day, we'll get a HD port of OoT (it's what Nintendo do) and it will mimic this artwork exactly. And it will be gorgeous.

maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but this is the exact artwork from the original OoT isn't it? i remember just about every pic from the strategy guide way back when. just the coloring seems different, or maybe im bugging out.

Neiteio

Yeah, it's the same art they used to promote OoT, but the coloring -is- a little brighter. That's fiine, though.

Never saw this piece before, though, and would LOVE for someone to remove the watermark somehow:

screenshot_36435.jpg

ugh I wanted to sell my 3DS since I am realizing it was an impulse purchase, but now that I know Zelda the god game killer is coming out in June, I feel compelled to hold on to it. Nintendo please dont let me down this summer...

=HERO=

Neo Member
Neiteio said:
Yeah, it's the same art they used to promote OoT, but the coloring -is- a little brighter. That's fiine, though.

Never saw this piece before, though, and would LOVE for someone to remove the watermark somehow:

http://cdn.medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/screenshot_36435.jpg

I recognized that one, but there's actually a few art pieces from this press release and others from yesterday that I've NEVER seen, like the Skulltula, the Iron Knuckles, and the one with Shiek and Link in the Ice Cave. It's really strange to me too, since I have been absolutely entrenched in the history of Oot's development, the beta stuff, things hidden in the code, and the like over the years, but never saw some of this.

TSA may be a pro journo now, but at heart he is still a Zelda Fan, helping the community!

If only these press sites were around in the NES and early SNES days, all that artwork lost to the ether...

Clott

Platy said:
....nobody said that screen was from the intro

There is no river next to then, there is no logo, this isn't at night ...
But you can't prove it's not from the intro, all we have is the context of other images from the intro, try putting things together.

=HERO= said:
I recognized that one, but there's actually a few art pieces from this press release and others from yesterday that I've NEVER seen, like the Skulltula, the Iron Knuckles, and the one with Shiek and Link in the Ice Cave. It's really strange to me too, since I have been absolutely entrenched in the history of Oot's development, the beta stuff, things hidden in the code, and the like over the years, but never saw some of this.

Same here. I think I even have every piece of previously published OoT artwork saved on my old computer. Like you said some of these are new to me.

SephriJ

I just picked up a 3DS today, picked up Street Fighter and Samurai Warriors on it. I am actually pretty impressed with it. After a lot of bad hype I have heard from respected peers and podcasts I had listened to, I think they were somewhat full of shit. I have been having a good time with it and will def. be picking up Zelda in June, I loved that game on 64, I'm sure I'll love it here also. Plus I saw some of the other upcoming things this year, just remember, the 3DS isn't a novelty, it's an investment. lol.

idwl

Those screens look so nice, june can't come soon enough. Is there gonna be gba downloads for 3ds? Would love to get minish cap.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Neiteio said:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/23341/4/45.jpg

SCOOCH YO ASS OVER, SON.
OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP...............

edit: Oh, I'm soooooo sorry... I didn't know there was a proper spelling for that :p

Neiteio

=HERO= said:
OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP......OUWEEP...............

edit: Oh, I'm soooooo sorry... I didn't know there was a proper spelling for that :p
This cracked me up. XD

Ouweep... Totally forgot about the sound he makes. :)

Diving off Zora's Domain's waterfall will be amazing in 3D... Or imagine the canyon by Gerudo Valley. O_O

WillyFive

KevinCow said:
I wonder if we'll still get to wait like a full minute as he scoots himself over an inch at a time.

We should at least get a reaction shot of Link. No need to have the camera on him the whole time.

PatmanBegins said:
Seriously. As someone who's never played Master Quest but has beaten the original so many times, the idea of burning out on the original game before being able to ever touch the new stuff is not appealing at all. Hope this isn't true or is fixed.

Just wait a bit and get someone's game completion save.

Neiteio said:
A few screens not in the Game Explain article:

Ocarina-of-Time-21.jpg

EDIT: G-baby's black stallion looks boss. Name it Epwna, shall we?

LOL, he looks way too big for that horse.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy blast from the past!

Some of those artworks are the exact same ones I used to create giant posters with for a Zelda preview event on a Nintendo tradeshow booth when I was starting my career as a designer, some 13 years ago. I wonder whether I could use the same assets today to produce as substantially better poster..

Nintendo Press Site said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D brings a completely re-mastered version of an epic entry in the beloved The Legend of Zelda game series to Nintendo's newest hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS. The game couples phenomenally enhanced graphics with stunning, glasses-free 3D visuals to bring to life the daring adventures of its hero, Link™. A streamlined touch-screen interface and newly implemented motion controls provide a fresh and intuitive feel as players immerse themselves in the tale of the creation of Hyrule and the struggle for control of its all-powerful ancient relic. The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a masterful improvement on one of the landmark releases in video game history.

i_28634.jpg

i_28633.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
When they say "new challenges not included in the original game" they're clearly talking about Master Quest.

Kurod

Banned
BladeoftheImmortal said:
LOL, he looks way too big for that horse.

I can't help but see it as him wearing one of those horse rider Halloween costumes. The horse's two front legs are actually Gannondorf's.

Brazil said:
When they say "new challenges not included in the original game" they're clearly talking about Master Quest.
Not necessarily. The quote says,
"The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game."
1, I don't think they would have included the first sentence if they were only referring to Master Quest. Second, they said "challenges" plural, so yeah.

Boney

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
Not necessarily. The quote says,
"The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game."
1, I don't think they would have included the first sentence if they were only referring to Master Quest. Second, they said "challenges" plural, so yeah.
nah, it's just the master quest

Top Bottom