• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Is it OK to make a wish list in this thread? Well I'm going to do just that. Two games I want to see on PSVR in the not too distant future.

A Boxing game: Come on, this will be hella fun. Move controllers as your hands for throwing jabs, uppercuts, and anything else. Headset as your head(obviously) for bobbing and weaving. A game like this wouldn't require many button presses and with online it could be really fun. Until you're matched up against an actual boxer and get destroyed virtually.

Initial D: I never got into it but my younger brother fucking loved this game when it was in the arcades back in the mid 2000's. I rarely played, but I loved watching him and company play. I've never been fan of racing games but I find the idea of playing a racing game in VR really exciting. And a personal 1v1 racer that focuses on beating the stage just as much as your opponent sounds like a really fun.

I am incredibly surprised that there isn't an online boxing game of some sort that works with the move controllers.

I just want some VR bowling. Has anyone heard about something upcoming for PSVR?

I would absolutely love a VR bowling game. Then again, the closest we have is Skeeball in Sportsbar VR.

Is it OK to make a wish list in this thread? Well I'm going to do just that. Two games I want to see on PSVR in the not too distant future.

A Boxing game: Come on, this will be hella fun. Move controllers as your hands for throwing jabs, uppercuts, and anything else. Headset as your head(obviously) for bobbing and weaving. A game like this wouldn't require many button presses and with online it could be really fun. Until you're matched up against an actual boxer and get destroyed virtually.

Initial D: I never got into it but my younger brother fucking loved this game when it was in the arcades back in the mid 2000's. I rarely played, but I loved watching him and company play. I've never been fan of racing games but I find the idea of playing a racing game in VR really exciting. And a personal 1v1 racer that focuses on beating the stage just as much as your opponent sounds like a really fun.

Like this boxing game no one bought?
The Fight: Lights Out - Playstation 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J8KS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit: correction: 1 person bought it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone have prior experience with the short films? Love the concept, but have no idea about the execution.

I sure hope that David Attenborough First Life documentary that was listed on the EU PS blog also makes it over to North America. My wife is a giant Attenborough fan, and she'd go nuts at the idea of being "in" a documentary where he occasionally pops up.

Assuming it's the same documentary that was on at the natural history museum - it's a 360 degree video, about 15 minutes long (?) which is entirely CG as you float through a prehistoric sea and early creatures go past. Don't remember if it was 3D or not. Attenborough does the voiceover but is never seen. The museum version was on gearVR and was cool but I don't know I'd pay much money for it - maybe as one example to try out 360 video as it was well done.

I would like some point and click adventure in vr and also some of those detective games (csi?) that were on the wii.

A vr Gemini Rue (with sharper graphics) would be great in vr

doby

Given how hot and sweaty you get under a psvr anyway just by sitting there I don't think adding a physical endurance sport is very practical tbh. Although VR opens the door to all these potential new experiences you've still gotta think about the practicality of the situation. Comfort is key.

I would like some point and click adventure in vr and also some of those detective games (csi?) that were on the wii.

A vr Gemini Rue (with sharper graphics) would be great in vr

Yeah, this is why I'm going to pick up some of the adventure games for something somewhat like this.

Some point and click type stuff, and 3D ones where you can be in the rooms too, would be great, don't even really need to worry about having teleportation or black screens between rooms in such a game either, both of those would be fine and pretty normal.

Previous mentions of something like Phoenix Wright too.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Given how hot and sweaty you get under a psvr anyway just by sitting there I don't think adding a physical endurance sport is very practical tbh. Although VR opens the door to all these potential new experiences you've still gotta think about the practicality of the situation. Comfort is key.

You won't get hot and sweaty under PSVR, because the visor does not hug your face. It hangs in front of it.

leroidys

I kind of wish that Gravity Rush 2 had PSVR support. The hours of vomitting and vertigo would be worth the 5 minute rush of flying through that world.

doby

You won't get hot and sweaty under PSVR, because the visor does not hug your face. It hangs in front of it.

I think I recall people who've used it saying it can get sweaty though, particularly under the foam padding. Plus even though it's not hugging your face that doesn't eliminate the fact that there's not a great deal of air movement under there.

Afrikan

Like this boxing game no one bought?
The Fight: Lights Out - Playstation 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J8KS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit: correction: 1 person bought it.

I still use it to work out every now and then. (only reason I know my move controllers still work..lol)

They have some good workout stuff in there. I work up a sweat for some reason even though I keep myself in a small area.

I LOVE combo practice. I play in high speed.

and Rubber Dummy.

here's video of the Fitness Pack for the game.

This is not me playing, but you might recognize who it is. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_GvXeEeYQ

edit- here's an old clip of me playing, but only footage of gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMJLwHdNmU

Shikoba

Mine got a little sweaty playing the demo at Gamestop. The weight of it doesn't hang on your face, but the mask still hugs your face (blocking out excess light and such).

I think I recall people who've used it saying it can get sweaty though, particularly under the foam padding. Plus even though it's not hugging your face that doesn't eliminate the fact that there's not a great deal of air movement under there.
What foam padding?

The parts that touch you on the headband, I presume it's some sort of skinned foam.
It's not.

The black cushion where the hardware meets your forehead and the back of your head is made from a comfortable, textured plastic material. This material can easily be wiped down between users, a subtle but important luxury you may only appreciate after using a Rift or Vive drenched in someone else’s head sweat.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/5/13167546/playstation-vr-pre-review

That's not to say you're never going to get sweaty but the fact that it hangs in front of your face and isn't strapped tight to it will help a lot I imagine.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Mine got a little sweaty playing the demo at Gamestop. The weight of it doesn't hang on your face, but the mask still hugs your face (blocking out excess light and such).

Perhaps it is because I wear glasses. But when I played, it didn't touch any part of my face. The only point of contact was the circlet around the forehead. There is some light leak at the bottom, but I didn't think that was important at all to tbh.

Tagg9

Downloading EVE Valkyrie now. I want to see the "Please connect your PSVR headset" message. =D

FYI the game is 11.9GB.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I see on Reddit that that PSVRs have started to ship. Exciting times.

cuhqDsf.png

itshappening.gif

Plasma

Banned
I wonder if we will see some of the Move/Kinect games ported over to VR eventually it seems like they would be a good fit. As bad as the game was I'd really like to play that Harry Potter kinect game in VR just to see some of those environments in VR.

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams
Just want to say good job to your team on all the thoughts given to movement and options, etc. Glad to see blinking, teleporting, etc. all works well on PS VR.

The game is locked in for me for the 13th. :)

That's really great to hear - so glad we managed to get that message across, our intention has always been for The Assembly to be easy to grasp for both novice and more experienced VR gamers alike, hence the range of in-game traversal options.

Keep an eye on the official PS.blog (both NA and EU) on Wednesday of this week for some fresh info about The Assembly's launch on PS VR from day one. Should be a nice li'l surprise :)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is Eve Valkyrie worth picking up? I want me some space shooter but £49.99 feels like a lot.

Good luck.

You could buy them for £6 a few months ago..went up to £8 a few weeks after that, then £10.....a month or so ago they went up to £16..

..today CEX are charging £30 for a used controller...they'll actually give you a £20 voucher/£14 cash for a used one now.

I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting any sooner, I even went in to get some when PSVR was first put up for pre-order but kept saying I'll get them next pay day. Typically now I've screwed myself over because they are all ridiculously priced.

Chris_C

That's really great to hear - so glad we managed to get that message across, our intention has always been for The Assembly to be easy to grasp for both novice and more experienced VR gamers alike, hence the range of in-game traversal options.

Keep an eye on the official PS.blog (both NA and EU) on Wednesday of this week for some fresh info about The Assembly's launch on PS VR from day one. Should be a nice li'l surprise :)

I don't mean to pry, but The Assembly is one of the games I plan to pick up at launch. I was curious about whether you folks have any plans for Pro support.

Specifically I'm thinking about increasing image quality via supersampling. My understanding is that image quality varies from title to title, but it seems all VR titles could benefit from a Pro patch if the developers happen to have the bandwidth.

Congrats on nearing the finish line, by the way, I imagine you folks must be excited.

ffvorax

Never heard of The Assembly, just watched a video (just a little, don't like spoilers) and looks interesting!
On my wishlist for PSVR! :D

mr lurtle

Now that the release date is getting close it seems Batman VR isn't getting a retail release in europe.
It's listed on amazon.it but without a specific release date.

Hellers

Has there been any update from Giant Bomb since last week? Did they contact Sony for clarification? Did they try more? Have they given up?

Never heard of The Assembly, just watched a video (just a little, don't like spoilers) and looks interesting!
On my wishlist for PSVR! :D

Yeah I agree, it's one of the story adventure games I'm strongly thinking about picking up. The previous videos were interesting too.

Edit: I also agree that it's great that it has so many of the VR movement options available

DavidDesu

Welcome to the start of the longest week ever. It's going to be brutal.

Imagine doing a 13hour shift on launch day with no one in to take delivery so it'll be shipped off to my local post office, thankfully close to my house, but I'm also working 8 til 6 on Friday too so might not actually get a chance to pick it up until SATURDAY.

Think on that. I foolishly never booked it off work (taken a lot of requested days off recently) but I was hoping I'd get a cushy wee shift or maybe even get it off. Nope, about as bad as it can be :'(

Carl

Imagine doing a 13hour shift on launch day with no one in to take delivery so it'll be shipped off to my local post office, thankfully close to my house, but I'm also working 8 til 6 on Friday too so might not actually get a chance to pick it up until SATURDAY.

Think on that. I foolishly never booked it off work (taken a lot of requested days off recently) but I was hoping I'd get a cushy wee shift or maybe even get it off. Nope, about as bad as it can be :'(

RIP my friend

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

That's a tough gig mate. Have you not got a cough coming on. I'm sure I heard it from here?

Top Bottom