• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Is there going to be a Launch Thread?

PlayStation just released the following setup videos on YouTube:

What's in the Box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW8tPJQhNHo

Connecting Cables:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1npIGhYqMk

Using PSVR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6Yg3ddHkU

By the way, this video says that the official recommendation for camera placement is on top of the TV but they say it will work below as well.

Ugggghhhh I want to clip the camera to the top of my TV but it's curved and has like 0 bezel.

AmyS

Ace Combat 7 - How likely are we to get a new trailer at PlayStation Experience?

Here's what I'm thinking: They're also most likely remaking AC5 (it won the Famitsu poll) so maybe spring 2017 release to tide us over for AC7.

AC7: Q4 2017 release, hands-on at E3 and if there's DLC (perhaps for PSVR and/or MP) maybe Q1 / Q2 2018.

Is that time line realistic given AC7's early state of development as of PSX 2015?

ckohler

Ugggghhhh I want to clip the camera to the top of my TV but it's curved and has like 0 bezel.

While I can't be certain, it's probably about reducing the chance for obstructions and less about accuracy. It'll be interesting to see if it really matters after a million people have them.

RootCause

Is there going to be a Launch Thread?

PlayStation just released the following setup videos on YouTube:

What's in the Box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW8tPJQhNHo

Connecting Cables:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1npIGhYqMk

Using PSVR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6Yg3ddHkU

By the way, third video video recommends the camera be on top of the TV but they say it will work below as well.

Hmmmm... My set is mounted to the wall, it's a bit high. Wonder if I'm screwed.

I thought the camera was supposed to be around the heigh of the headset.

SHarris78

Summer Lesson just downloaded and installed! Downloaded The Playroom too.

Rise of the Tomb Raider arrived in the post today but I'm not playing it until the weekend at the earliest, I'm in total VR hype mode at the moment!

farisr

The camera can be anywhere you want as long as its view is not obstructed, and it has a clear view of the headset/controller/your play area (with you in the center) so it can track you.

Gotta love these PSVR set up videos xD

giphy.gif

A question on the included demo disc: I assume that the content will get installed to the HDD, as everything runs from the hard drive. Since it's all free demos I wonder if we'll always need to have the original disc loaded to be able to play them.

If they do insist on the disc being used every time I might just download the individual demos from the store instead.

Shoeless

Ace Combat 7 - How likely are we to get a new trailer at PlayStation Experience?

Here's what I'm thinking: They're also most likely remaking AC5 (it won the Famitsu poll) so maybe spring 2017 release to tide us over for AC7.

AC7: Q4 2017 release, hands-on at E3 and if there's DLC (perhaps for PSVR and/or MP) maybe Q1 / Q2 2018.

Is that time line realistic given AC7's early state of development as of PSX 2015?

I"m also really looking forward to this one, but I'm going to assume that chances are low.

Along those lines of thought, I do wonder though at how feasible it would be to create AC5 with a PSVR mode. If it's a PS2 HD remaster anyway, it's not like people are expecting a giant graphical upgrade.

A question on the included demo disc: I assume that the content will get installed to the HDD, as everything runs from the hard drive. Since it's all free demos I wonder if we'll always need to have the original disc loaded to be able to play them.

If they do insist on the disc being used every time I might just download the individual demos from the store instead.

Per the Ultimate FAQ, the whole demo disc will be available as a free download, so you can just pull it from PSN and forget about the disc altogether.

farisr

Shopto just charged my account, it's happening !!!!!
I actually wanted to post yesterday that Best Buy charged my credit card for it, and wanted to create an it's happening gif with a PSVR headset on Ron Paul. But after working on it for about 10 minutes, I got lazy and gave up. forogt to post about it.

LOL

Sigma722

EVE Valkyrie code doesn't redeem for me on the webstore, I hope it redeems on the PS4 :(

My guess would be because the game doesn't show up in the mobile version of the store. If it shows up in app your odds are better. Once it's actually able to be purchased on psn, you should be good for sure.

SpeedNut

It's going to be fun to see how the PSVR handles a HD projector behind me (PS4 is in bonus room / media room / kids play space hooked up to HD projector and 120" screen). Big enough pain to get the camera to the front of the space so hopefully the effort isn't wasted.

It's going to be fun to see how the PSVR handles a HD projector behind me (PS4 is in bonus room / media room / kids play space hooked up to HD projector and 120" screen). Big enough pain to get the camera to the front of the space so hopefully the effort isn't wasted.
Can you just cover the projector? Once the headset is on it doesn't really matter if there is anything coming from the projector/TV.

I actually wanted to post yesterday that Best Buy charged my credit card for it, and wanted to create an it's happening gif with a PSVR headset on Ron Paul. But after working on it for about 10 minutes, I got lazy and gave up. forogt to post about it.

LOL

I want to see this!!!!!

You can adjust the vertical angle so it won't be an issue. I have my tv on the wall higher and the camera above and playroom works fine.

How did you do this? I've read before you can't daisy chain multiple extension cables for the camera.

sadromeo

Is there a listing of PSVR titles only releasing in specific countries? Like I noticed some people have "Summer Lesson" as part of there PSVR launch list but isn't this releasing in Japan only? Are there US or UK only VR titles as well? Can we access and use them the same way country specific games are being accessed and used now, but for PSVR (i.e. having multiple country accounts, etc..?

mitchman

Gold Member
I'm getting the PSVR tomorrow but the camera is backordered and likely won't arrive until the end of the week :-( I might have to go hunting in stores for one tomorrow it seems.

alienator

Just bought/pre-ordered REZ from the euro PSN.

Happy like a 10y old kid on xmas.

Its crazy. i have been waiting for VR since 1990.

my first experience was this

large.jpg

running on an amiga ;c

and 26 years later it arrives in my home via psvr. Yeah got a gearVR and tried the oculus.
But they dont have REZ. ;)

I have the same setup, with my couch being a good 10-11' from the screen (where my camera sits). Move stuff doesn't really work unless I sit in a chair a bit closer and make sure the camera is pointed so that the projector light isn't in frame.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Just donated $11 & I am glad I was able to help! Your efforts here have been greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the effort on this thread and the upcoming official thread!

I almost teared up reading Gaffers helping Sangetsu-II get a PSVR headset on launch day. Awesome stuff!!!

:)

Top Bottom