• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Because to defend a game/character with inoffensive arguments is totally on the same level as what I pointed out, right?

Why do you have to defend a video game character at all? Are other people's dislikes about the character going to impair what you found to be enjoyable about said character?

MCD

It's OK, Luuk.

Even in this Metropolis lies darkness untouched of the modified light, that is, those who disregard the teachings of god

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's OK, Luuk.

Even in this Metropolis lies darkness untouched of the modified light, that is, those who disregard the teachings of god

She has awakened from her sleep. You should know who I speak of or rather what I speak of...

*Sunglasses*

----------------------

How awesome would it be if Toriyama read GAF and made me the final boss?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I wonder, what thematic importance do those sunglasses serve?

I foresee a future promo crossover.

Adam-Jensen.jpg

sublimit

Banned
If only FFXIV was a success (right from the start) then this thread would have never existed...instead we'd now be discussing about Versus in its OT. :(

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Odincycle is still a possibility.

That's......a likely possibility.

If only FFXIV was a success (right from the start) then this thread would have never existed...instead we'd now be discussing about Versus in its OT. :(

In a parallel world all good games get simultaneously releases and gaming information is given freely establishing trust bonds between a gaming company and it's respective audiences.

But it is not meant to be in this dimension.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
With Toriyama, literally ANYTHING can happen.

He's always full of
awful
surprises that's for sure.

Sooner or later there will be
sex fantasy minigames along the lines of God of War

I take XIII series and look at everything it takes from other games and fails to execute properly and then I see Kid Icarus where it excels in that same idea and concept.

It was alright but I didn't like all the bullshit they added to the plot.

Then again I'm just being butthurt.

Encounter rate was horrible. Manipulating the corners with the recycled areas was fun. I'd like my Before Crisis remake with Crisis Core mixed in. Type 0 style pls.

Sooner or later there will be
sex fantasy minigames along the lines of God of War

I take XIII series and look at everything it takes from other games and fails to execute properly and then I see Kid Icarus where it excels in that same idea and concept.

Kid Icarus is SO AMAZING.

See Toriyama this is how you take someone for a ride and keep them genuinely entertained.

Freakin' game of the generation right there.

dramatis

Eidos games sells well (1-3 millions) but they don't sells gangbusters by any means, DQ 9 sold in Japan alone more than any Eidos game ever did this gen WW.
That's exactly the point. DQ doesn't sell in the west, but it sells gangbusters in Japan. Eidos probably does iffy in Japan but can sell reasonable amounts worldwide.

Obviously, it would be better if they can invest in 1 project and have it sell fabulously worldwide, but right now investing in 2 different projects that appeal to different audiences brings in money too.

He was okay. He just wasn't ExDeath level for me. Dunno what it is about ExDeath but he's my favorite kind of static flat large ham villain.

Well FFV was a genuinely funny game, it didn't have the best plot, but most of the characters managed to be entertaining.

Which is more than I could ever say for FFXIII.

RSLAEV

Like it or not it is the next and only mainline Final Fantasy game we will get in the next 4 years.

CantDealWithit.Gif

Wait. Who are you again to call me a joke? As if things weren't already personal enough, you need to come here and be as offensive as ever... Why am I even surprised?

LuukyK...look man we all appreciate the dedication you've shown to this troll but I think you might be going too deep-bail out before it's too late and you end up like Nick Nolte in that movie Mother Night

Crisis Core sure was a good game.

Only because we had Zack to run around and be the one semi normal person in a game full of poetry quoting mopey emo lunatics-but I did like Zack, he was well written/acted

Midou

Asshole Cloud is almost as good.

Obviously cross dressing Cloud trounce everybody.

Speaking of asshole Cloud. It's kind of funny that Cloud's negative image of being a quiet loner was basically only true after FF7, he was basically a huge dick for half of the actual game. Then in like crisis core and advent children, he had this more negative persona.

LuuKyK

Cloud, Zack and Lightning.

Such an awesome trio :D

Indeed. The things I would do to play a game with the three of them. t_t

Speaking of which, there really is no chance for Square to do a new Dissidia game, is there?

LuukyK...look man we all appreciate the dedication you've shown to this troll but I think you might be going too deep-bail out before it's too late and you end up like Nick Nolte in that movie Mother Night

I am really not trolling man, I've been honest all my GAF life. But if you want to think I really am one than... whatever floats your boat. ;)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Speaking of which, there really is no chance for Square to do a new Dissidia game, is there?

Didn't they just say they've done all they can do with the system, but it may come back in a different form?
I'm kinda hoping for a 3rd instalment on Vita to be honest.

Mario007

Speaking of asshole Cloud. It's kind of funny that Cloud's negative image of being a quiet loner was basically only true after FF7, he was basically a huge dick for half of the actual game. Then in like crisis core and advent children, he had this more negative persona.
It's ridiculous that the asshole Cloud is being forgotten. He pretty much flat out states that he doesn't give a shit about the planet dying. At the same time Squall gets shit because apparently he's a jerk. Cloud was a much bigger asshole than Squall, and it was awesome.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Didn't they just say they've done all they can do with the system, but it may come back in a different form?
I'm kinda hoping for a 3rd instalment on Vita to be honest.

Theatrhythm is your 3rd installment. Welp.

It's ridiculous that the asshole Cloud is being forgotten. He pretty much flat out states that he doesn't give a shit about the planet dying. At the same time Squall gets shit because apparently he's a jerk. Cloud was a much bigger asshole than Squall, and it was awesome.

I think the guy who was reading BERSERK only helped with development halfway through VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom