• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit signed to Cash Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jme

2074218242_5ffeed4e30.jpg

Say what you will, but limp bizkit was my shit in high school/college.

More like part of my generation

You just made me puke a little in my mouth. Thinking about everyone in my high school getting absolutely pumped when Bizkit came around makes me sick. Nu metal seriously has to be the lowest music has ever fallen.

How can you say that wasn't a good album?

I'm sure decades from now methed out trailer trash will look down at their grandchildren and speak of the golden days of rock when Limp Bizkit and Korn spoke truth to their rebellious hearts. This will be their Led Zeppelin IV, Nookie their Stairway to Heaven.

RawPower

Banned
You just made me puke a little in my mouth. Thinking about everyone in my high school getting absolutely pumped when Bizkit came around makes me sick. Nu metal seriously has to be the lowest music has ever fallen.

I have to agree with this. That trend was un-fucking-bearable.

Toski

If Fred didn't go all Hollywood douchebag, I think nobody would hate LB as much as they do.

Most of the complaints are about the lyrics, but the other guys in the band actually do have talent.

Dinokill

its funny though because I sure as hell think Korn, Limp Bizkit and other numetal bands at the time are way better than the fucking garbage kids listen today. I rather blast counterfeit, faget or break stuff than the generic shit people listen today. They all sound the same.

Dead

well not really...yet
If Fred didn't go all Hollywood douchebag, I think nobody would hate LB as much as they do.

Most of the complaints are about the lyrics, but the other guys in the band actually do have talent.
Fred Durst sealed his fate the day he released "Rollin'" as a single

smr00

Banned
I'm sure decades from now methed out trailer trash will look down at their grandchildren and speak of the golden days of rock when Limp Bizkit and Korn spoke truth to their rebellious hearts. This will be their Led Zeppelin IV, Nookie their Stairway to Heaven.
A lot of ignorant generalizations there.

Similar ignorant generalizations can be said about every other genre as well, but i can see you are one of those "stop liking what i don't" kids and for that i will end it here.

A lot of ignorant generalizations there.

Similar ignorant generalizations can be said about every other genre as well, but i can see you are one of those "stop liking what i don't" kids and for that i will end it here.

Haha, or you're just a little sensitive to someone not liking something you do if those obviously sarcastic comments hurt your feelings.

I do hate me some limp bizkit though.

Wes, Sam and John are all very talented musicians. Say what you want about Fred, but the musicians in Limp Bizkit are great at what they do.

Wes, Sam and John are all very talented musicians. Say what you want about Fred, but the musicians in Limp Bizkit are great at what they do.

As someone else said, Fred Durst made it real easy to hate them. That dude is a walking disaster who can turn any interview into a anti-fred shit storm in a split second. That radio interview where he got pissed and started telling the DJ about his girlfriend sucking his dick was pretty amazing. The guy is an internet troll stuck in the real world.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
As someone else said, Fred Durst made it real easy to hate them. That dude is a walking disaster who can turn any interview into a anti-fred shit storm in a split second. That radio interview where he got pissed and started telling the DJ about his girlfriend sucking his dick was pretty amazing. The guy is an internet troll stuck in the real world.
Is there a link to this somewhere?

Is there a link to this somewhere?

I'll keep looking, I'm in a hotel with slow ass internet and on a tablet. Not having any luck so far. You must hear it though, it is the most childish thing you will ever hear in your life.

EDIT: I found the article on it from the site I thought I heard it on, its from 2003 and every article I find about it used the same fucking link, which is of course long dead. This is tragic if this piece of history is lost forever: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/fred_dirst_calls_radio_dj_a_cocksucker.html

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Today's dubstep takes that for me, I don't know how anyone can find that shit appealing.

What happened to Papa Roach...

Pretty sure they still tour and are relatively successful. According to their wiki, their last CD has sold 900,000 world wide, which it claims is considered good in this day and age. I remember hearing their single Lifeline a good amount on the radio when it was released. Been a few years, would think they'll have a new CD this year or early next. I'd rather their singer do more episodes of Scarred for MTV.

As for Crazy Town, two of them are dead. One drugs, one heart attack (I'll go ahead and assume the heart attack was caused by years of drug abuse). According to Wikipedia, they announced they would have a new CD in 2008, it has never been released. They have put out a few new songs on their YouTube and MySpace apparently.

EDIT: Wait, DJ AM was in fucking crazy town? My mind is blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom