• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit- Gold Cobra: The Official Venom Spitting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this would be the best place to post this lol but did anyone hear the new Korn song?

It's pretty different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3I54p2qhE

I heard it halfway through the radio today and thought it sounded like them and then the DJ came on said it was the world premier of the new song. He played it again for everyone.

kehs

Banned
samus4ever said:
I figured this would be the best place to post this lol but did anyone hear the new Korn song?

It's pretty different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3I54p2qhE

I heard it halfway through the radio today and thought it sounded like them and then the DJ came on said it was the world premier of the new song. He played it again for everyone.

Sounds like Korn got a new beat machine and had to incorporate it asap.

The first single off Gold Cobra is titled "Shotgun" and looks to be dropping May 17th. Here's the cover art of the single and an early demo of it from quite a while ago.

61YIvHK2AwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tekIkLU2fc

Cant wait. The new songs dont seem as catchy as the old ones, but having seen band live a few times, it's funny how the haters quiet down. They are awesome live and definitely got some great songs that can move a crowd and enable a good time.

The "Shotgun" single is now available for purchase.

I have to say...Compared to the old version, the final version is...Not as good. They used a shitty version of Durst singing the song in what is basically a normal talking voice...And the music is mixed pretty low. I like the music but the vocals in the demo version were far superior. I can't believe this is the version the record label wanted. Disappointment.

Still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

After listening to Shotgun a few more times...I'm so disgusted that they seriously used those vocals. I mean what the fuck. It's Fred talking, trying to sound cool. Unlike ever before. When you're talking about Limp Bizkit you expect a certain level of laziness from Fred, but this is...Something else.

That said, I do think the music is pretty good. Especially the chorus. But Fred's vocals are just...Jesus Christ. It seriously sounds like a first take just trying to get the rhythm down. I can't believe they used these vocals instead of what we heard on the demo version. The lyrics are decent in spots and awful in others. Which is typical Durst.

I don't know who told him to use that set of vocals but...Jesus Christ. I hope the rest of the album has better vocals than that.

Again, not really a fan of Fred's vocal performance on the track "Gold Cobra" but I have to listen to it a few more times.

Supposedly they're also shooting a video this Thursday and Friday.

Rapstah

Well they're better than that album with Break Stuff on it (I bought that when it was released). Not sure if I can actually listen to this new stuff but I'll admit their new style of riffs sort of works better.

Seems to actually be quite a bit of positive feedback about this single. From what I hear however, the video being shot is for "Shotgun".

Here's the full track listing for Gold Cobra as well as the cover art.

Limp+Bizkit-+Gold+Cobra+standard+cover.jpg

1. Introbra 01:20
2. Bring It Back 02:17
3. Gold Cobra 03:53
4. Shark Attack 03:26
5. Get A Life / Interlude 1 04:54
6. Shotgun 04:33
7. Douche Bag 03:42
8. Walking Away 04:45
9. Loser / Interlude 2 04:53
10. Autotunage 05:00
11. 90.2.10 / Interlude 3 04:18
12. Why Try 02:51
13. Killer In You 03:46
14. Back Porch 03:22
15. My Own Cobain 03:40
16. Angels 03:21
17. Middle Finger 04:27

A new Limp Bizkit greatest hits collection called "ICON" has also leaked. Appears to be releasing on July 19th. Here's the track listing.

01 – “Counterfeit”
02 – “Faith” (George Michael cover)
03 – “Nookie”
04 – “Break Stuff”
05 – “Re-Arranged”
06 – “Take A Look Around”
07 – “Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)”
08 – “My Way”
09 – “Eat You Alive”
10 – “Behind Blue Eyes” (The Who cover)
11 – “The Truth”

jaxword

Awesome, I can't wait for this. It's gonna be 2001 again, I'm turning 12 years old, puberty's starting, no, fuck YOU Mom and Dad, I'll leave the computer on with Napster running if I want!

noquarter

Wow, thought I would never see anything by Limp Bizkit again. Really played the hell out of Three Dollar Bill Y'all and listened to Significant Other quite a bit as well. Always thought that Three Dollar Bill Y'all was the best album they ever did. Chocolate Starfish came out and I think I bought it and listened to it once, then never listened to it again.

The two songs in the OP are Limp Bizkit, but going back and listening to some of their olderr stuff now it appears that I just really don't like them any more, but might let my curiosity get the best of me and pick this up.

elfinke

ToyMachine228 said:
Previews are now available for every track on the album over at the iTunes Store.

Indeed. I got an email telling me to preorder the release on iTunes.

I can't get used to saying 'There is a new Limp Bizkit CD coming out', :D

If anyone has a version that doesn't have any corrupted files please let me know. Someone hooked me up with a version but a few of the files are corrupted.

EDIT: Actually more are than not.

Toddler

ToyMachine228 said:
If anyone has a version that doesn't have any corrupted files please let me know. Someone hooked me up with a version but a few of the files are corrupted.
Been to OA lately?

Unless you're a completely different Toy Machine 228, or is trying to avoid that joint, in that case send me a PM.

Toddler

Weird... I just finished listening to the whole thing from the same file.

I'd try deleting all Gold Cobra files and folders and re DL it from my link.

Toddler

All in all, it's faithful to their original sound.

If you were never on the bandwagon, this probably isn't the place to start.... but if you ever liked them at one time, it's worth at least an honest listen.

Bout to go check and see if they're playing any shows near me. Saw them back in 2000 in support of Significant Other with Godsmack and DMX. Was an awesome show.

Toddler

"Why Try" probably epitomizes everything people hate about Fred Durst, but he fucking owns that track.

Some of the lines are corny as fuck, but he still had me bowin' to this shit.

Coins

Banned
I wont lie. I really like this! Wes fucking owns on this album. Fred has that "I dont give a fuck" swagger, too.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Toddler said:
"Why Try" probably epitomizes everything people hate about Fred Durst, but he fucking owns that track.

Some of the lines are corny as fuck, but he still had me bowin' to this shit.

yeah love that track

i still love all their stuff

Still having trouble not being able to open two of the tracks because they're corrupted. Oh well. I'll buy it on Tuesday.

Also, just FYI to anyone out there; This is the standard edition that leaked. The "deluxe" edition contains four more tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom