• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit- Gold Cobra: The Official Venom Spitting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mailenstein said:
Yeah, that one. I remember it being a track on an Hip Hop album before - like 10+ years ago. It's exactly the same just like it is in "Shotgun". Exactly.

Well, DJ Lethal has been a DJ since the 90's. He was in House of Pain if I remember correctly. So it might have been him way back in the day. Or maybe not. It's just a generic thing anyone could think of. It's literally one of the most basic beats in existence with a shotgun sound effect replacing the snare drum. So if it wasn't him originally, it's not a copyright infringement or something.

Bizkit is playing their last show in their South American tour today. Hopefully we get a US tour this fall.

Tuned my guitar to C for the first time in my life and I'm learning some LB songs. Good fun.

Second single off Gold Cobra coming soon. Fred tweeted that they'll be shooting the video next week. No word on what song the single will be. I'm hoping "Autotunage", "Walking Away" or "Bring it Back".

They also just scheduled a bunch of shows in Japan. Feedback from their European and South American tours was extremely positive. Hope they come back stateside sometime soon.

bjb

Banned
Someone was playing the latest album at work today.

Ugh was it horrible. I mean, I don't think the band is talentless, but they seriously need to stop whichever 12 year old is writing their lyrics.

bjb said:
Someone was playing the latest album at work today.

Ugh was it horrible. I mean, I don't think the band is talentless, but they seriously need to stop whichever 12 year old is writing their lyrics.

The music isn't horrible whatsoever. Wes, Sam and John are all very talented musicians and make great music together. Fred writes the lyrics, and he does it on purpose. It's part of Limp Bizkit now. It wouldn't really be Limp Bizkit if he was trying to be serious all the time. Even their first album, which had good lyrics, had lyrics that were pretty non-sense-ish. Just not so over the top. And he delivered them differently.

The Bizkit officially released the first track of their next album, Stampede of the Disco Elephants. It features Lil Wayne, as they are now on Cash Money. Here's a link.

Ready 2 Go- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l5OVMAw4g8
Ready 2 Go (rap version leak)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1Q14N6G-g
Another leaked song, Lightz- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG9GtPYu3BE

Some of Fred's lyrics on this are bad even by his standards. I figured a few of you would enjoy having something to hate on today, so here it is. They've announced a slew of US tour dates coming up for anyone interested.

jaxword

It's mostly an older crowd. I'm 37 and I don't feel out of place. Lol. Some youngins though. :)

There's a beat boxer named Ryan Campbell who is opening. Led the crowd in a sing along singing Santeria.

Hmm. Mostly older as in 35 range?

Coins

Banned
Hmm. Mostly older as in 35 range?

I dunno. It wasn't a teeny bopper crowd.

I have to say, they fucking tear it up live. There was so much energy in the crowd there was a couple of times I could tell my wife was nervous. Lol. Their set tonight ranked right up there next to a Metallica or Pantera live performance. Oh, and Wes was a beast. He looked like some alien guitar god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom