• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit- Gold Cobra: The Official Venom Spitting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
They're admittedly sort of terrible, but still a guilty pleasure of mine. Why Try is pretty rad, really liked it. Walking Away on the other hand.. yeah, no thanks, Fred.

segasonic

Fred Durst is a douche.

Having said that, I attended 9/5/2010 Philipshalle Duesseldorf, Germany and the band kicked major ass, just like they did last year in Dortmund. Both performances were some of the most energetic stuff I've ever seen.

Don't care too much for the new stuff they played though...

I remember listening to 3 Dollar Bill and Significant Other almost constantly in High School. All it really did was get me into some rap metal/nu-metal bands that were light years beyond Limp Bizkit in terms of quality, lyrics, talent, etc. It also got me into some rap, and I still listen to the artists i like in that genre. When I was listening to LB, I hadn't heard any rap or hip hop really, so I had no barometer of his rhyming abilities. Once I did, I realized that Fred Durst's lyrics and delivery were almost laughable. They still are, according to "Douchebag". Also, what is he, like 40? It's a little harder to buy the act now.

I do still break out their first 2 albums for some nostalgia and hilarity occasionally though, and I probably always will. A lot of my best memories from growing up involve riding around in the country with Limp Bizkit or some rap metal playing, figuring out how to smoke pot, and chasing girls. I'll always appreciate it, and would probably even go see them live if the rest of the tour was decent, but I don't think this album will make it to my current roatation.

But, at least it's not Nickelback.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Arnie said:
Saw these at Leeds and they were fucking awesome. I was about a metre away from Fred as he came down to the crowd.

Been a fan since I was a kid listening to Significant Other with my brother. Chocolate Starfish was such a good album too.

So close to touching him at Leeds :(
Was fucking mental, just as we anticipated and fucking loved every second of it. Significantother and Chocolate Starfish kick ass i can't wait for some new shit. I mean it probably won't live up but it can do a decent job with the original line up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Limp Bizkit lost me when Borland left. Now that he's back, I'm intrigued. He was always the best part of the group.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Love Bizkit. Love Boreland even more.

Anybody into Black Light Burns? Fronted by Boreland, kind of progressive-goth or something.

I don't care what kind of music your into. Listen to Cruel Melody. My favorite album of 2008, easily. Seen them twice and even shook hands with Boreland and shit. Should have asked him to smoke a blunt, there was hardly anyone in the crowd (roughtly 30 people)

Limp Bizkit was a defining band in my growing up days back in High School. Even though today I think Fred Durst has about as much talent as a wooden plank, I still credit his group for giving me a better alternative than Backstreet Boys and N*Sync :D

Listening to Bizkit is fun.

According to Fred Durst four songs have now been mixed. I assume that since they're in the final mixing process the album can't be TOO far off. Maybe an early summer release with a summer tour to follow.

PS- You can find lots of new songs on Youtube. Which ones got cut from the album, which ones got changed, re-recorded however is anyone's guess.

YagizY

"Why Try" is fucking awful.

Some great lyrics:

"Spit this fire to the Bizkit funk"

"Uno, dos, tres, in your face"

This is laughable, I don't think Boreland can even save them at this point. "Why Try" sounds like a Limp Bizkit parody song. I wish their were no rules in this thread, I would say more.

YagizY said:
"Why Try" is fucking awful.

Some great lyrics:

"Spit this fire to the Bizkit funk"

"Uno, dos, tres, in your face"

This is laughable, I don't think Boreland can even save them at this point. "Why Try" sounds like a Limp Bizkit parody song. I wish their were no rules in this thread, I would say more.

Thanks for contributing!

JimiNutz

Banned
LOL
Hopefully the new episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head are out in time to feature the duo 'dissecting' a new Limp Bizkit music video.

My God, that second song 'Why Try' is the worst shit I've ever heard lol

Combichristoffersen

'Walk Away' is really, really terrible. 'Why Try', dumb as it is, is at least kinda slightly sort of enjoyable in that weird Limp Bizkit way.

kehs

Banned
These guys should hook up with V Ice.

That would be the hot shit, it would tear down the face of this universe with a single song.

Combichristoffersen

Copernicus said:
These guys should hook up with V Ice.

That would be the hot shit, it would tear down the face of this universe with a single song.

Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden) and Dan Spitz (ex-Anthrax) actually recorded a nu metal song with Vanilla Ice back in 2003-2004 :lol

geeko420 said:
Well at least there is Wes Borland is in there again. He's the true talent there.

The entire group is good at what they do. Wes gets a lot of credit that he does indeed deserve, but Sam is a good bass player and John Otto is a great drummer too.

JimiNutz

Banned
runlikehell said:
'Artists' like Katy Perry exist and you're saying this?

I've never heard that shit, and if it's worse than that LB track, I don't wanna lol

Edit: Oh, for a second there I thought you were implying that Katy Perry had a track called 'Artists', my bad.
Anyway, Katy Perry got some nice titays.
I'm sure Fred Durst has too, but Katy's are probably firmer.

Combichristoffersen

NutJobJim said:
I've never heard that shit, and if it's worse than that LB track, I don't wanna lol

You've never heard a Katy Perry song? Really? I mean, I never listen to the radio, and barely watch any TV at all, yet I've heard most of her famous singles

From what Fred Durst has said, Gold Cobra is actually going to have a pretty wide range of sounds. Songs like Why Try seem to be intended to be along the lines of the nu-metal that was popular back in the hey-dey...So I'm assuming Fred wrote those terrible lyrics on purpose.

On Walking Away, his lyrics are much better, as is his delivery on both the singing and the screaming sections.

Fred has always been inconsistent and lazy though so we'll see when the final product hits. His lyrics and delivery on $3 Dollar Bill Ya'all are seriously ace. That entire album is great.

GavinGT

Banned
"Walking Away" is probably the only Limp Bizkit song that my adult mind has ever enjoyed. "Why Try" sounds like Durst re-trodding the same old ground that made his fans turn against him in the first place.

Also, why start a discussion if only the lunatic fringe is allowed to speak?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Surprised to see them back... not at all a fan, but LB was the first ever concert I went to (along with Kid Rock and Staind), back in high school... and I'd rather hear nu-metal than what passes for popular music nowadays.

meh, so passé.. i liked them when they were underground and only had a 3-song demo out. (believe it or not but im not lying haha)

Ichabod

Banned
Limp+Bizkit++2010.png

One of these things is not like the other.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Combichristoffersen said:
You've never heard a Katy Perry song? Really? I mean, I never listen to the radio, and barely watch any TV at all, yet I've heard most of her famous singles

i haven't. Neither a Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga song. It's not hard.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Walking Away sounded good.

The 2nd one was bad enough to make me not want to buy this. I don't think FD can really write or rap well at all.

There are now 16 tracks mixed for Gold Cobra, Durst says he hopes it will be out sometime this summer and guess who did a cameo on a track?

Lil Wayne.

Who would have thought?

legacyzero

Banned
new stuff sounds great.

Anything has to be better than their last album. "Results May Vary" indeed. Nice to see Wes back with the group. That guy MADE the band.

The official release date for Gold Cobra is June 7th. Be prepared!

In a surprise twist, Durst revealed that Limp Bizkit already has another album in the works with lots of tracks already laid down for it.

Also updated the OP with some early tour dates they will be playing this summer.

ToyMachine228 said:
The official release date for Gold Cobra is June 7th. Be prepared!

In a surprise twist, Durst revealed that Limp Bizkit already has another album in the works with lots of tracks already laid down for it.

Also updated the OP with some early tour dates they will be playing this summer.
Not long before my birthday! :D hype.

Gold Cobra has now been pushed back to June 28th. Damn Fred and his posting of news that's not official. June 28th seems to be the official date now. Apparently the band and Interscope also picked out the singles to be released from the album today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom