• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Games on Display in Sony's GDC Both

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What a beast line up Sony has this year. Definitely interested to see Helldivers.
Helldivers is so awesome.

It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to it because it's a game based around concepts from 15 years ago that so few games have used in the last 5 years. (Friendly fire.)

ClearData

I wish they would eventually release the conferences to the public a la Steam Dev Days. I would love to catch the Sony conferences with the new tech and the other one with Naughty Dog. That and Occulus Rift.

Devs probably want an event of there own though. We get E3 but GDC is so great for just the art of making games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The weight of indie content in their booth is not happenstance. This is a developer conference where a large proportion of the attendees now identify as 'indie' (per the GDC2013 survey). Sony presumably wants to show it is serious about showcasing and promoting such developers' content.

This isn't about promoting their own games.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wish they would eventually release the conferences to the public a la Steam Dev Days. I would love to catch the Sony conferences with the new tech and the other one with Naughty Dog. That and Occulus Rift.

Devs probably want an event of there own though. We get E3 but GDC is so great for just the art of making games.

They release a portion of the archive Vault to free access.

For example:

http://www.gdcvault.com/free/gdc-13
http://www.gdcvault.com/free/gdc-12
http://www.gdcvault.com/free/gdc-11

etc.

VanWinkle

There is a thread on GAF with at least one BL2 Vita screenshot. I know i've seen it.

It's taken from the promo shot of the borderlands 2 vita bundle. But even still, the important thing is framerate (even the console versions struggled to be 30fps) and audio. I'm 99.99% sure it will be sub-native resolution, but if the framerate is solid, and the audio is not a horribly compressed mess, I will get it.

SJS

What the fuck are they doing with PlanetSide 2 (PS4)? I'm worried if it's even real at this point.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't mind the indie focus, I just want stuff I haven't played before.
10 of the 15 games you couldn't have played before unless you're a person that gets early access to preview builds from publishers.
11 if you never got to play Sportsfriend while they showed that around the country.

Cornbread78

Or people can pay attention to what this venue is and/or read the thread.

Oh, I know, I was replying directly to his point.

This is where the discussion should be:

The weight of indie content in their booth is not happenstance. This is a developer conference where a large proportion of the attendees now identify as 'indie' (per the GDC2013 survey). Sony presumably wants to show it is serious about showcasing and promoting such developers' content.

This isn't about promoting their own games.

Lock if old or redundant

PlayStation Website

These games will be on display in our booth

Counterspy ( SCEA ) PS3™
Infamous Second Son (SCEA) PS4™
Helldivers (SCEA) PS4™
Hohokum (SCEA) PS4™
Child of Light (Ubisoft) PS4™
GALAK-Z (17-Bit) PS4™
N++ (Metanet Software) PS4™
Rogue Legacy (Polytron) PS4™
Sportsfriends (Die Gute Fabrik) PS4™
Towerfall Ascension (Matt Makes Games) PS4™
Borderlands 2 (Iron Galaxy) VITA
Luftrausers (Devolver Digital) VITA
Race the Sun (Flippfly) VITA
Steamworld Dig (Image & Form) VITA
Super Exploding Zoo (Honeyslug) VITA

I want nine of those games:

Counterspy
Infamous Second Son
Hohokum
Child of Light
Rogue Legacy
Sportsfriends
Towerfall Ascension
Borderlands 2
Luftrausers

Sony really is doing an amazing job attracting indie games to their platform right now.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For what's supposed to be a hardcore gaming forum, you'd think there would be more general awareness of what an annual industry conference that's been going on for over 25 years is mainly about.

Snood (2009) iOS
Dark Void (2010) PS3
Tron: Evolution (2010) PS3, X360
Bioshock 2 DLC (2011) PC
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online (2011) PS3, X360
Back to the Future: The Game (2011) Wii
Scribblenauts Remix (2011) iOS
Wreckateer (2012) X360
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (2012) PS3, X360
Darkstalkers Resurrection (2013) PS3, X360
Ms. Splosion Man (2013) iOS, Windows Phone 7
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles (2013) PS3, X360, Wii U, PC
Divekick (2013) PS3, PSVita, PC, PS4

It may not be Gearbox, but Iron Galaxy certain has a good pedigree to reassure a good port for Borderlands 2 on Vita.

Didn't a number of those games have various issues at launch?

10 of the 15 games you couldn't have played before unless you're a person that gets early access to preview builds from publishers.
11 if you never got to play Sportsfriend while they showed that around the country.

I'm not talking about this list in particular. More in general. PS4 PC ports get me less excited than even PSV PC stuff.

Oh, I know, I was replying directly to his point.

This is where the discussion should be:

Agreed and sorry if I came off as combative.

On top of these smaller titles (Hell Divers the only one I'm familiar with), I wonder if we'll be getting some good insight through engine demos on what's coming next. Epic Game's always were interesting at GDC for that reason, as well as their engine being the spearhead of a lot of last gen titles.

I'm not talking about this list in particular. More in general. PS4 PC ports get me less excited than even PSV PC stuff.

Well, here are ten games. The system is also less than ix months old. Games will come in time. Rime, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, The Witness, etc... In the meantime enjoy the fact that a variety of games are being made available.

B33

Banned
infamous aside, that lineup is pathetic

I did not buy a PS4 to play indie games

AAA games sell consoles and build hype, yes. The smaller niche of games keeps players using them in the interim between big budget games. Couple this with PS+ and you've got a pretty great outlook.

Microsoft, on the other hand, has been fairly myopic with their lineup of "smaller" titles. Besides Titanfall, I can't think of another console exclusive I'm jazzed to play on the Xbox One right now, big or small. As much as I really LIKE Titanfall, one game isn't enough to justify the $499 asking price.

The delineation between PS + and XBL Gold is that I feel as if I am paying for something of value. So many features I already have to spend money on are behind a paywall, such as Netflix, Hulu, and so on. Why do I need to give Microsoft money to have features offered for free on the PlayStation Network, Steam, and Nintendo's online component? It's like I'm just throwing money into an abyss.

rav

Well my guess is that they needed work now that Phil Fish decided to give up...

They are both small indie devs from Montreal so it's not that much of a stretch.

Plus it makes sense, Polytron is releasing Fez on a bunch of other platforms (Including PS4)
But i'm actually not sure who's working on it, Renaud Bédard went to work for Capygames.
Polytron lists 2 employees, and I was under the assumption it was Phil and Renaud.

Need Borderlands 2 impressions since we've seen basically a screenshot of the game.

Want to hear if Iron Galaxy pulled of some wizardy to get it running well on the Vita or if it is plagued with framerate problems.
This.

I also need to know if there's any gyro aiming present. A la U:GA

Sho Nuff

Banned
Any extra footage you could throw up on youtube? A lot of us won't be at GDC........

Urgh yeah, I'd like to put up some new footage if I get time. We just got a bunch of new backgrounds in, so now you're flying over planets and seeing crazy space storms and flying through asteroid belts and shiz, it looks real neat.

Top Bottom