• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of PlayStation 4 Pro Forward Compatibilty Games

Xater

That is not the promised support we got from the leak. There must have been quite the developer push back.

NHale

A list that doesn't include games actually announced during the conference like FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1 is a list that doesn't merit any credit in my opinion.

Actually another thing Sony failed to mention during the disaster, will games be required to have a Pro mode? We know because of the leak, in fact if it wasn't for the leak we wouldn't have known a lot of the details about this thing. The leak was the best PR this device got and it wasn't Sony that produced it....

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 won't get a framerate buff if creates an imbalance for PvP, I'd presume?

Bloodborne in 4K though, oh my...

Dead

well not really...yet
So will game discs not even work in the Pro if they aren't on that list or is it simply for visual upgrade patches?

RPGCrazied

I really hope not that since FF XV is on the list, they will fix the framerate only for Pro users, while people with a plain PS4 really have to suffer.

Surely it'll be better than the demos at least??

Wait... aren't developers required to switch as of October? I expect ALL games coming out after October to be PRO-ready.

Yeah, IGN just listed all the games they showed at the conference, even though every game from October onwards has to support it. It's pretty pointless.

So will game discs not even work in the Pro if they aren't on that list or is it simply for visual upgrade patches?

Every ps4 game will work on the Pro. This is just the games that will be Pro enhanced. (and it's not the full list obviously, more will come).

Trace

Banned

Every old game will work fine on the Pro. Old games that are guaranteed to get upgrade patches are listed in the OP. Going forward, most/all? games should have a normal PS4 mode, along with a 1080p Pro and 4K Pro mode.

Ray Down

Banned
I really hope not that since FF XV is on the list, they will fix the framerate only for Pro users, while people with a plain PS4 really have to suffer.

Yes have you seen the recent master version footage from Japan?

Dead

well not really...yet
Every old game will work fine on the Pro. Old games that are guaranteed to get upgrade patches are listed in the OP. Going forward, most/all? games should have a normal PS4 mode, along with a 1080p Pro and 4K Pro mode.
Thanks. Makes sense and what I expected, but some of the articles I read were worded a bit confusingly.

Also hoping for a Witcher patch.

You shouldn't worry too much about that. Most people will play on a regular PS4 so they will do all they can to make the game run fine on it.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 won't get a framerate buff if creates an imbalance for PvP, I'd presume?

Bloodborne in 4K though, oh my...

I don't see how it would be different compared to PC where PVP could be running at 120 fps vs 5 fps.
As long as theres nothing tied to framerate like in DS1

JP

Although there was only a few seconds in the video, Final Fantasy XV to be a far richer graphically than on the current consoles. Really happy with that.

Danlord

Elder Scrolls Online will support PS4 Pro:

H4xw8oP.png

R1CHO

I expected more. At least the main sony produced ps4 titles... it's just uncharted and that dlc from infamous.

Driveclub would have been a good one (the dev no longer exists, but that didn't stop them from doing a vr version).

Also Killzone, Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Ratchet.

KyleCross

So, considering how they talked about it during the event... is the whole "Every game released post-October will require a Neo mode" turn out to be bullshit? Andrew House was sure wording it like they're merely asking developers to consider developing a mode for the Pro.

Rappy

This seems to be a misleading thread title. Forward compatibility is not the same as Pro compatibility.

farisr

Folks, that list is basically IGN just taking notes during the conference and writing the games shown down. LOL. It's not a full list of all the games that will support the Pro.

I'm legitimately surprised at the number of older games actually getting support.

Top Bottom