• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of PlayStation 4 Pro Forward Compatibilty Games

Gonna need a better source than an IGN wiki that literally anyone can edit.

Was just talking to a friend over at IGN. They are salivating at the chance to put out all those comparison vids (PS4 vs PS4P w/o 4K TV vs PS4P w/ 4K TV) and traffic it could potentially drive lol

J_Viper

Mordor is the one that confuses the hell out of me.

What's the point? It's not 2014, no one is pretending that game is actually good anymore

I'd be extremely surprised if FROM would make an update for Bloodborne. They can't make it 60 FPS, and I doubt they would even know how to make the game run at 4K with the Pro. FROM is not exactly a technical powerhouse.

Was just talking to a friend over at IGN. They are salivating at the chance to put out all those comparison vids (PS4 vs PS4P w/o 4K TV vs PS4P w/ 4K TV) and traffic it could potentially drive lol

I need this in my life. I'm looking to get the slim, (old PS4 died a while back), but I'd love an incentive to get the Pro.

Frankly, if Sony was wanting people to buy a PS4 Pro...a list that short should have been the titles that weren't going to see a benefit (instead of the other way around).

Since I can't do VR, there's no UHD Blu Ray, and there's a meager list of titles that will benefit...I think I'll pass and go get a slim instead. Just not worth the $$$...especially if it's not going to play UHD Blu.

libregkd

Gonna need a better source than an IGN wiki that literally anyone can edit.
I mean the games in that list were literally just games shown at the Press Conference. So they're confirmed. But it's just a list of games Sony showed, not a list of all compatible games.

Frankly, if Sony was wanting people to buy a PS4 Pro...a list that short should have been the titles that weren't going to see a benefit (instead of the other way around).

Since I can't do VR, there's no UHD Blu Ray, and there's a meager list of titles that will benefit...I think I'll pass and go get a slim instead. Just not worth the $$$...especially if it's not going to play UHD Blu.
These were games that were just shown on the stream. It's not the only games that are going to see a benefit.

Mordor is the one that confuses the hell out of me.

What's the point? It's not 2014, no one is pretending that game is actually good anymore
Money says Warner Bros is updating it to give it exposure now because a sequel is in the works.

So PS4 pro is not 100% BC?
PS4 pro runs every single PS4 game out there but only a fraction of the older titles will display in 4K. Expect most if not all PS4 games from here on out to be 4K compatible.

To answer your question: yes. PS4 pro is 100% compatible with all past and future PS4 games.

Drencrom

I'd be extremely surprised if FROM would make an update for Bloodborne. They can't make it 60 FPS, and I doubt they would even know how to make the game run at 4K with the Pro. FROM is not exactly a technical powerhouse.

No one is expecting 60fps or 4K. Having the game take use of Pro's better hardware for an even more consistent framerate and maybe a framepacing fix would be very much appreciated though (adding some AA would probably be plausible too).

Bloodborne got robbed.

Heheh

I need this in my life. I'm looking to get the slim, (old PS4 died a while back), but I'd love an incentive to get the Pro.

Yeah, I can't blame them for seeing the confusion the PS4P is going to bring as an opportunity to drive traffic. That disclaimer at the bottom of those PS4P vids, like Horizon, during the conference ought to make it clear there is going to be some muddy marketing waters going forward. Having comparison vids will be helpful at least.

Abylim

I just want to know what this means.

Is it just 4k? I dont have a 4k tv.

Will it look better on a 1080p tv?

I missed the announcement and all the stuff so Im trying to catch up.

You're telling me not all PS4 games will work on pro?

Edit* ah so these are games getting boosts?

black070

A thread like this really shouldn't exist when their source is IGN Wiki - these are just all the games shown off during the presentation. Mark Cerney said there's doezons of titles receiving Pro patches, but that's going to fall on deaf ears when the majority of Gaf gets there info from a skim read of the OP.

A thread like this really shouldn't exist when their source is IGN Wiki - these are just all the games shown off during the presentation. Mark Cerney said there's doezons of titles receiving Pro patches, but that's going to fall on deaf ears when the majority of Gaf gets there info from a skim read of the OP.

Exactly.

Atleast mention in the OP/title that any game coming out after September 30th will have to have a PS4 Pro mode, and that obviously the list for already released games is by no means final.

Raylan

Banned
HgMo3Z6.png

Mediking

But XV looks so good on the Pro:

V2hnGTZ.gif

4gtATe2.gif

Using gifs like these as a means to justify XV on Pro as high quality performance doesn't exactly work... well at least with me doesn't. That isn't super impressive to me. That's not $400 super impressive.

List of PS4 Pro Compatible Games

RELEASED TITLES

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Killing Floor 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Infamous: First Light
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Paragon
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

UNRELEASED TITLES

Spider Man
For Honor
Watch Dogs 2
Days Gone
Farpoint (PSVR)
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Mass Effect Andromeda
Final Fantasy XV
Dishonored 2
Skyrim Special Edition

Read more at: http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/List_of_PlayStation_4_Pro_Forward_Compatibilty_Games

Wait, didn't the EA guy specifically mention Battlefield 1 before he showed off Mass Effect?

thuway

List is missing - Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, The Order: 1886, Metal Gear Solid 5, and Street Fighter V :/

Shin-Ra

The Last of Us Remastered should look especially clean if ND swap out the previous ppAA with Uncharted 4's TAA, which should look better still at 60fps. Less change between frames, more accurate reprojection.

TAA conflicts with other effects without some extra tweaking so it's not quite a simple swap in like other post-process AA solutions.

Markoman

List is missing - Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, The Order: 1886, Metal Gear Solid 5, and Street Fighter V :/

Are you joking, they never bothered with finishing the game, how do you expect them to add some new effects now?!?!?!?

NewDust

The Last of Us Remastered should look especially clean if ND swap out the previous ppAA with Uncharted 4's TAA, which should look better still at 60fps.

And the have already got a better shadows for perfomance option in the current version, guess they can combine those. And if they add hdr I can see it greatly increasing the picture.

Shin-Ra

And the have already got a better shadows for perfomance option in the current version, guess they can combine those. And if they add hdr I can see it greatly increasing the picture.
I think the shadow improvement was a very last-minute addition along with the 30fps cap option. The performance freed from halving the framerate like that should've allowed a much greater improvement to shadow resolution and filtering.

Top Bottom