• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of PlayStation 4 Pro Forward Compatibilty Games

kanuuna

I though I heard someone say on stage that there were (some number I can't recall) of first party titles that are going to get PS4 Pro patches.

Hopefully Bloodborne is on that list. Personally, I couldn't care less for InFamous title(s) that are out on PS4.

Dark Souls III is probably a big ask since that's a third party game, but that'd be really great to have in 4K, too. Hopefully they'll come up with a patch with DLCs.

List needs a massive upgrade imo.

I mean Infamous First Light wtf?

Looking forward to see if any supersampling on UC4 and how much it looks better. Always thought the game was a bit 'soft' so I don't know if ss will improve this?

Funny thing is, I sit around 6 feet away from a 1080p projector @ 70" screen size sometimes when I play games and UC4 looks much better in the multiplayer at 900p/60 than it does at 1080p/30 on the single player!

Audioboxer

Folks, that list is basically IGN just taking notes during the conference and writing the games shown down. LOL. It's not a full list of all the games that will support the Pro.

I'm legitimately surprised at the number of older games actually getting support.

It's actually genius for old games to jump on support early. Will earn them new buys/re-buys and people replaying their games as there is a mad rush to "justify" buying a PS4 Pro.

If that list is for the near future then I will probably hold off. Spiderman and ffxv are the only games I'm somewhat interested in and think I can survive with a slightly poorer visual performance.

Ray Down

Banned
If that list is for the near future then I will probably hold off. Spiderman and ffxv are the only games I'm somewhat interested in and think I can survive with a slightly poorer visual performance.

But XV looks so good on the Pro:

V2hnGTZ.gif

4gtATe2.gif

Gitaroo

someone need to tweets Yoshida, that man got a soft sport for BB and Souls games and his voice definitely have impact...

Melchiah

It looks like I'm going to play Infamous: First Light again, and I'm looking forward to see how Uncharted 4's DLC looks with upgraded visuals.

I hope Bloodborne, Driveclub, and Witcher 3 get upgraded as well. It might nudge me to replay BB for the 4th time, and finally start W3.

Wow at no bloodborne. Another downside of online play infecting single player games if PVP is reason for no forward upgrade.

Hmm makes me a lot less interested if so

brawly

This is an embarrassing list. I assume there will still be some benefits in other games (however small they may be), so let's wait for Digital Foundry comparisons.

No CDPR or Bloodborne/DS3 is bad.

No Bloodborne, but sure, Infamous: First Light.

Yeah ok

This reveal sucked.

Again, according to Cerny, ~half dozen Sony games will get patches. We don't know all of them. TGS is in a week, that would be a good time to talk about enhancement of a popular Japanese game.

Ok, that's good to know at least.

Opa-Pa

Glad that there's no Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 in there so I don't have any reasons to buy one lol. Can't really justify it since I only bought my PS4 last year.

DR2K

Banned
That's s pretty pitiful list all things considered.

It's s start. I might buy one of these if there's a decent deal this holiday.

Xater

No Bloodborne, but sure, Infamous: First Light.

Yeah ok

This reveal sucked.

What could they even do for Bloodborne besides 4K though? They said they won't allow better frame rate on the Pro for MP games. So Bloodborne at 60fps can't be a thing because of that. The game has PVP.

Solrac

no bloodborne, no gravity rush 2, no the last guardian, no GT sport... man even japan studio give a shit about ps4 pro

libregkd

People do realize this is just a list hastily thrown together as games were shown at the reveal right? There is no official list of games getting updated out there yet.

The question that I have is if this will be Sony's priority in terms of development cycles. If the PS4 Pro is what devs will be focusing on when making games, that leaves the existing userbase that owns the Slim and the OG PS4 as an afterthought. However, if their main priority is developing for the OG PS4 first, I can't really see devs going out of their way to make patches for the PS4P. I feel as if developer support for the new console will start out strong, but it'll trail after a while. (Getting Vita vibes for some reason, but I hope they're unwarranted.)

Pennywise

I wasn't able to watch the conference.

Did they detail the difference?

No.
It's up to the individual developer.

Crystal Dynamics already said they're doing a 4k mode, 1080p with 60 fps, and 1080p 30 fps with everything maxed out, for Tomb Raider.

Hostile_18

Banned
Still haven't had the most important question answered. Will all games get a modest speed bump using the hardware (without a patch) ala XB1 S?

Top Bottom