• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Sophia

Good lord. There is no way I'm streaming a countdown for 12 hours. I'll start it back up when we get into the hour of it.

I'm listening Persona Music Live 2012 (again) and I'm in tears, so good. I can't believe this is finally happening. :')

That makes my eyes water as though I'm cutting onions and can't control it. It's beautiful live and I would have loved to see it in person! Heaven and Heartbeat!!!!

I really hope it's Green, too.

Green symbolized happiness in the contact system before it was scrapped. This could be a theme of P5 if done correctly. Too much happiness and joy can lead to... trouble.

If one investigates the themes and colors surrounding the Persona series it is easy to correlate color with overall theme.

P1 didn't exactly have a color associated with it. One could argue that purple or white would be proper connections to the game. The white could symbolize newness or a blank slate, representing Mary's state in the game. The purple could symbolize the rich royal heritage behind the Snow Queen and Kandori's business. I would tend to favor white as the main story follows Mary/Maki's growth where as the side story allows Yukino to shine. Note that both events happened in some manner as in P2 Ms. Saeko references her past with the Snow Queen and Yukino.

That said, P2 has heavy tones of Red in both games. Red symbolizes anger and wrath. The red in P2:IS is generally associated with Joker's anger and the overarching theme of fire and revenge. This is also somewhat carried over into P2:EP with Tatsuya and his attempts at arson and the response from Nyarlathotep whose plans were foiled.

P3 moves on to the color of blue which is typically known for mellow behavior or sorrow or depression. Given the tones of the game this association is natural and expected.

P4 is associated with yellow, a bright color that is designed to draw interest and vibrancy. The overall nature of mystery and wonder in the game couples well with the color.

Given that the colors and tones used have been White/Purple, Red, Blue, and Yellow the next logical color choice should be Green if the color choices are homage to the previously scrapped contact system. Each representing Neutral, Anger, Fear, Interest and Joy respectively.

I just saw this in the Persona tag on tumblr so just take it as a rumor and not fact. Thought I'd share it though.

"In the japanese theaters after P3: M finishes it’s credits, the crowd is treated to a trailer that they’ve all heard was announced, everyone is hyped…

Then the announcement reveals the same initial Persona 4: Ultimax Suplex Hold(dooo) …

The audience is treated to the same voice overwork, slightly disappointed because all of them have seen it already, they know that it’s just the same trailer with what they would assume will have the platforms of the fighting game…

Then it happens…

Before the trailer reaches it’s conclusion and the unknown, Sho is seen, same pumped up attitude, same video…

But then the trailer stops-
Sho is in the same pose for a few seconds…

Then he moves in the same art engine as ATLUS’s previous title, Catherine, looks in the camera, grins, and hopefully (but to your own preference) gives the audience THE most Engrish- quote:

Let’s Go!

The “Go” then has a close up typography moment, turns into a

(The Audience has now died from the most awesome reveal)"

Sounds kinda legit but I'd hope Sho isn't the actual MC for P5, maybe just a side character acting as a bridge from P4A2 to P5

Green symbolized happiness in the contact system before it was scrapped. This could be a theme of P5 if done correctly. Too much happiness and joy can lead to... trouble.

If one investigates the themes and colors surrounding the Persona series it is easy to correlate color with overall theme.

P1 didn't exactly have a color associated with it. One could argue that purple or white would be proper connections to the game. The white could symbolize newness or a blank slate, representing Mary's state in the game. The purple could symbolize the rich royal heritage behind the Snow Queen and Kandori's business. I would tend to favor white as the main story follows Mary/Maki's growth where as the side story allows Yukino to shine. Note that both events happened in some manner as in P2 Ms. Saeko references her past with the Snow Queen and Yukino.

That said, P2 has heavy tones of Red in both games. Red symbolizes anger and wrath. The red in P2:IS is generally associated with Joker's anger and the overarching theme of fire and revenge. This is also somewhat carried over into P2:EP with Tatsuya and his attempts at arson and the response from Nyarlathotep whose plans were foiled.

P3 moves on to the color of blue which is typically known for mellow behavior or sorrow or depression. Given the tones of the game this association is natural and expected.

P4 is associated with yellow, a bright color that is designed to draw interest and vibrancy. The overall nature of mystery and wonder in the game couples well with the color.

Given that the colors and tones used have been White/Purple, Red, Blue, and Yellow the next logical color choice should be Green if the color choices are homage to the previously scrapped contact system. Each representing Neutral, Anger, Fear, Interest and Joy respectively.

Persona 1 is grey and Eternal Punishment is purple.

CrazyDude

I just saw this in the Persona tag on tumblr so just take it as a rumor and not fact. Thought I'd share it though.

"In the japanese theaters after P3: M finishes it’s credits, the crowd is treated to a trailer that they’ve all heard was announced, everyone is hyped…

Then the announcement reveals the same initial Persona 4: Ultimax Suplex Hold(dooo) …

The audience is treated to the same voice overwork, slightly disappointed because all of them have seen it already, they know that it’s just the same trailer with what they would assume will have the platforms of the fighting game…

Then it happens…

Before the trailer reaches it’s conclusion and the unknown, Sho is seen, same pumped up attitude, same video…

But then the trailer stops-
Sho is in the same pose for a few seconds…

Then he moves in the same art engine as ATLUS’s previous title, Catherine, looks in the camera, grins, and hopefully (but to your own preference) gives the audience THE most Engrish- quote:

Let’s Go!

The “Go” then has a close up typography moment, turns into a

(The Audience has now died from the most awesome reveal)"

Sounds kinda legit but I'd hope Sho isn't the actual MC for P5, maybe just a side character acting as a bridge from P4A2 to P5

Bullshit since they already said they are not using Catherine's engine. Seems like the person who made this up didn't know that.

I didn't hear the thing about them not using Catherine's engine and now that I think about it more and more, it seems pretty fake. I thought I'd just throw it out there though.

CrazyDude

I didn't hear the thing about them not using Catherine's engine and now that I think about it more and more, it seems pretty fake. I thought I'd just throw it out there though.

While Catherine, the first HD game from the Persona team, was built with the Gamebyro engine. Persona 5 will use an internal engine. Director Katsura Hashino believes this will make development smoother, but also said to the magazine it will be quite some time until the game is release.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/persona-5-is-in-development-but-wont-be-released-for-quite-some-time/#7Br6IQjcMvYVdhvL.99

Random Marie out of nowhere at Midnight eastern, just said something short, and then back to the countdown.
Yousuke did something similar the previous night. He said something like "It's getting late, shouldn't you be sleeping?"

Bullshit since they already said they are not using Catherine's engine. Seems like the person who made this up didn't know that.
To be fair, even if it was a new engine, what's stopping them from still making something with a similar style to Catherine?

P2 EP has more red overtones than purple. Persona 1 has more white and purple. If you go by gui menu or boxart alone you miss most of the cues.

Eternal Punishment portable lets you change the menu colors to match the color motifs of every Persona game. There's grey (P1), red (IS), blue (P3), pink (P3P), yellow (P4) and purple (EP). Yes, the games aren't only one solid color and that's because they were trying to retroactively apply the color motifs to the PS1 titles.

I'm saying it's P5, Persona 3 The Platinum or whatever for Vita because of that hot new movie, and maybe some other spin off or something. Also how much time is on the clock now? That one stream I was using is down now.

http://youtu.be/Mk0A5uFoG3c
Reach Out For The Truth

Is it wrong that I hope that song plays in every battle in my runthrough of P4G?

I hope this announcement is for P5 and for Sony platforms...for selfish reasons. Vita launch would be incredible!

EDIT: I never really knew the lyrics on that song until I read the vid...I was off BIG TIME

Stark

Banned
I'm with Inorigo on P3 for Vita if there's multiple announcements. They'd like to ride on the movie hype and probably want a Golden level up-port.

Well, I know I do.

Daingurse

Fuccccck, I still haven't properly finished Persona 4 Golden, ever since I overwritten my save data with a bad end . . . weed and JRPGs sometimes don't mix.

Edit: Ooooh I'd eat up a Persona 3 Platinum . . .

tumblr_lcxe9azA1P1qbj46wo1_400.gif

I love the Persona 4 characters so much that I really wish this was P4-2 instead of a whole new game with a new cast of characters. I'm gonna miss all my favorite P4 characters. Who knows though, maybe the new characters will be awesome. No character will replace my Chie though.

If this is a last gen only game then I'm really hoping this releases for the 360, I don't own a PS3 and I don't want to spend 200$ on a last gen console. If this is cross gen and releases for the PS4 that'd be great as I'm going to get one eventually anyways. If they release P3 Golden or whatever for the Vita and Persona 5 for the Vita, I'll double dip for a Vita gladly (My old Vita broke).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What if they split up the P3 game into separate parts just like the movie and release them episodic style? That could account for all the potential annoucements! ;)

Top Bottom