• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

http://youtu.be/Mk0A5uFoG3c
Reach Out For The Truth

Is it wrong that I hope that song plays in every battle in my runthrough of P4G?

I hope this announcement is for P5 and for Sony platforms...for selfish reasons. Vita launch would be incredible!

EDIT: I never really knew the lyrics on that song until I read the vid...I was off BIG TIME
I love singing along to P3 and P4 music, there's just something about the Engrish that makes it special.

What if they split up the P3 game into separate parts just like the movie and release them episodic style? That could account for all the potential annoucements! ;)
stone-cold-angry-face-wallpaper.jpg

Lunar15

So far, we have no reason to believe that this is a p4-2 or anything like that, nor do we have reason to believe that there are even multiple announcements. These are rumors, mere speculation. Certainly possibilities, but at this stage in the game, nothing's a given.

Also, I swear, if we get another remake or port before we get P5, I'll scream.

Squire

Banned
I'm with Inorigo on P3 for Vita if there's multiple announcements. They'd like to ride on the movie hype and probably want a Golden level up-port.

Well, I know I do.

I've been saying they need to do it and probably will for a while. It'd basically be the best film tie-in game ever, which is reason enough from a business perspective, but aside from that, Some people are tired of P3 (and 4) and that's fine; they don't have to play it. As it stands, P3 as a whole is a really scattered experience.

You need to play both FES and P3P to get the full experience and each has it's disadvantages. FES lacks P3Ps new content and design tweaks and P3P is kind of butchered, presentation wise.

I might be more surprised if they don't announce this on Sunday.

Stark

Banned
I've been saying they need to do it and probably will for a while. It'd basically be the best film tie-in game ever, which is reason enough from a business perspective, but aside from that, Some people are tired of P3 (and 4) and that's fine; they don't have to play it. As it stands, P3 as a whole is a really scattered experience.

You need to play both FES and P3P to get the full experience and each has it's disadvantages. FES lacks P3Ps new content and design tweaks and P3P is kind of butchered, presentation wise.

I might be more surprised if they don't announce this on Sunday.

Exactly. Having the best of both + Golden's gameplay enhancements and some new content would be ideal. It would also be something that's totally optional as for people who don't want to visit the 3/4-verse again and for new comers or people just riding on nostalgia wanting to play a definitive version after just watching Spring of Birth... this would be easy money and brand exposure.

Eternal Punishment portable lets you change the menu colors to match the color motifs of every Persona game. There's grey (P1), red (IS), blue (P3), pink (P3P), yellow (P4) and purple (EP). Yes, the games aren't only one solid color and that's because they were trying to retroactively apply the color motifs to the PS1 titles.

I'm talking about the colors found in the game, not the menus though. EP and IS had a ton of red. EP even more so than IS.

Steel

Banned
What if they split up the P3 game into separate parts just like the movie and release them episodic style? That could account for all the potential annoucements! ;)

Yeah. And at the end of each episode they'll put a vague teaser that turns out to be an episodic persona 4 golden!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah. And at the end of each episode they'll put a vague teaser that turns out to be an episodic persona 4 golden!

Non-mandatory social links can be microtransaction DLC.

You want to link with Chihiro or Yumi? $2.99 each!

Links like Rise or Yukari would be $4.99. Elizabeth $9.99!

Chie would be a nickel of course.

Chavelo

Oh shit... OH MY GOD. BY THE TIME I'M AT WORK TOMORROW, I'LL BE ABLE TO SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT LIVE. OH YES, TIME TO GO TO SLEEP.

>can't go to sleep due to HYPE

Daimaou

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can watch this externally say thru twitch.tv users? Nico Nico has never been copacetic with me.

I don't think anyone is re-streaming it at the moment since there's over 5 hours until the next event. I think Sophia said she'd pick it back up when it was closer.

Dr. Buni

I just saw this in the Persona tag on tumblr so just take it as a rumor and not fact. Thought I'd share it though.

"In the japanese theaters after P3: M finishes it’s credits, the crowd is treated to a trailer that they’ve all heard was announced, everyone is hyped…

Then the announcement reveals the same initial Persona 4: Ultimax Suplex Hold(dooo) …

The audience is treated to the same voice overwork, slightly disappointed because all of them have seen it already, they know that it’s just the same trailer with what they would assume will have the platforms of the fighting game…

Then it happens…

Before the trailer reaches it’s conclusion and the unknown, Sho is seen, same pumped up attitude, same video…

But then the trailer stops-
Sho is in the same pose for a few seconds…

Then he moves in the same art engine as ATLUS’s previous title, Catherine, looks in the camera, grins, and hopefully (but to your own preference) gives the audience THE most Engrish- quote:

Let’s Go!

The “Go” then has a close up typography moment, turns into a

(The Audience has now died from the most awesome reveal)"

Sounds kinda legit but I'd hope Sho isn't the actual MC for P5, maybe just a side character acting as a bridge from P4A2 to P5
lol

I just saw this in the Persona tag on tumblr so just take it as a rumor and not fact. Thought I'd share it though.

"In the japanese theaters after P3: M finishes it’s credits, the crowd is treated to a trailer that they’ve all heard was announced, everyone is hyped…

Then the announcement reveals the same initial Persona 4: Ultimax Suplex Hold(dooo) …

The audience is treated to the same voice overwork, slightly disappointed because all of them have seen it already, they know that it’s just the same trailer with what they would assume will have the platforms of the fighting game…

Then it happens…

Before the trailer reaches it’s conclusion and the unknown, Sho is seen, same pumped up attitude, same video…

But then the trailer stops-
Sho is in the same pose for a few seconds…

Then he moves in the same art engine as ATLUS’s previous title, Catherine, looks in the camera, grins, and hopefully (but to your own preference) gives the audience THE most Engrish- quote:

Let’s Go!

The “Go” then has a close up typography moment, turns into a

(The Audience has now died from the most awesome reveal)"

Sounds kinda legit but I'd hope Sho isn't the actual MC for P5, maybe just a side character acting as a bridge from P4A2 to P5

Sorry to say that the Tumblr post is untrue.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-22/2nd-persona-3-film-slated-for-next-summer

Wedge7

Ah man, so pumped, I love this series so much, will be staying up tommorow when the actual event goes live I guess in around 24 hrs

Is so awesome to live in Europe when it comes to japanese announcements, it will be 4:00pm here when the midnight channel give us the big reveal.

Dr Dogg

Instead of being teased by Atlus I've been rewatching the GB endurance run (well in the background whilst Zeldaing away). Though I really should get my arse in gear and finish off P4G. Though been poking my head in here from time to time and my hype levels are already getting to high.

Lusankya

Sorry for asking already known stuff, but I don't want to look through thousands of thread pages. Was there any teaser (besides the midnight ones) that hinted at anything?

Dr. Buni

Sorry for asking already known stuff, but I don't want to look through thousands of thread pages. Was there any teaser (besides the midnight ones) that hinted at anything?
Apparently there was something about horoscopes, but I was sleeping when they showed the "hint" so I can't tell you for sure.

Sophia

Nothing really significant. We don't know if the Horoscope one is important yet....

Top Bottom