• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Sophia

So, Another station teaser when the countdown ends? It's a bit meaningless since it's not much to go on.

The previous two teasers have been following the format of the Midnight Channel in Persona 4. For those unfamiliar or who don't remember, the first Midnight Channel was always a blurry image of the victim. The second Midnight Channel was a much clearer image of the victim. The third Midnight Channel showed their shadow, as they were already kidnapped at this point.

If it's following the same format, and there is no reason to assume it isn't anymore, then this next teaser should be much bigger than the previous ones we've gotten.

The previous two teasers have been following the format of the Midnight Channel in Persona 4. For those unfamiliar or who don't remember, the first Midnight Channel was always a blurry image of the victim. The second Midnight Channel was a much clearer image of the victim. The third Midnight Channel showed their shadow, as they were already kidnapped at this point.

If it's following the same format, and there is no reason to assume it isn't at this point, then this next teaser should be much bigger than the previous ones we've gotten.
Shadow Sendai Station boss battle?

Christhor

why

why is this mindset so common

Why wouldn't it be? A lot of people have been disappointed enough times with Atlus since 2008 that they have become jaded. They don't care if a new one comes out anymore, so why not have fun with seeing other people disappointed?

RPGCrazied

2 hours! Lets do this. I'm hoping for something a little more than the static image of stations we have been getting. A screenshot? Something!

fertygo

Why wouldn't it be? A lot of people have been disappointed enough times with Atlus since 2008 that they have become jaded. They don't care if a new one comes out anymore, so why not have fun with seeing other people disappointed?

I don't really see anything that suggest people hating atlus now?

afoni

Banned
2 hours! Lets do this. I'm hoping for something a little more than the static image of stations we have been getting. A screenshot? Something!

A picture of Nanako holding a magnifying glass and in full costume, ready for her spin-off visual novel where she is a detective.

Koromaru as Maya Fey.

Christhor

I don't really see anything that suggest people hating atlus now?

Who said anything about hating? Just that long time fans of Atlus have been pretty disappointed with Atlus this generation. Back on the PS2, Atlus created a lot of great and original games, it's a lot more arguable lately though.

Who said anything about hating? Just that long time fans of Atlus have been pretty disappointed with Atlus this generation. Back on the PS2, Atlus created a lot of great and original games, it's a lot more arguable lately though.

Most of the disappointment stems from the fact a lot of people where expecting/wanting the shin megami/Persona series appearing on 360/ps3 too

fertygo

Well that's what seemingly suggest in your post, sure there's no "new" Persona game for almost 6 year, but fan still got decent output from Atlus. Catherine that released by the team is well received. P4 Golden is well regarded re-release.. Hell even the fighting game are successful. So its rather silly there's claim that suggesting Persona fan became bitter enough to spite event like this.

Oh also aside Persona, I'm seeing people are happy with Atlus other output, like SMT IV.

Shengar

Not even Atlus can left Japan's HD transition nightmare unscathed.

Guys, it just occurred to me, each night the images on the midnight channel became clearer, just like on the stream. The first night, it was just a blurry mess. The second night, we could make out who it was. But, the third night, we actually learned what the shadows were like, and they would do their little T.V. show thing.

If the stream continues this pattern, we might know a LOT more about this announcement in an hour.

fertygo

The irony for people that rejecting idea like P4-2 is that's the biggest chance if they want other setting than High School, much bigger than actual numbered sequel anyway.

For me though, I want that new cast and new setting.

daegan

I wonder what's going to be at those actual locations when the countdown ends. I feel like they wouldn't have made them that clear yesterday if they weren't important.

Tiu Neo

25 minutes for the last midnight channel until reveal. :O

Maybe it'll be a video/teaser this time, like in the games? I hope so.

LuuKyK

This reveal in 25 minutes, is it THE reveal, or just another check point along the way? I can't keep track anymore.

It will (probably) be the last teaser - I am assuming clearer version of the images from the first teaser. The actual reveal is in 20 hours.

RPGCrazied

This reveal in 25 minutes, is it THE reveal, or just another check point along the way? I can't keep track anymore.

I have a feeling we won't get any reveals for another 20 hours. Until then its just going to be teasing. Course I could be wrong, but I don't know.

Sophia

This is another Midnight Channel event most likely. We don't know if it will be significant or not. Although after a 12 hour wait it damn well better be. :|

The big reveal is 20 hours away.

Squire

Banned
This is another Midnight Channel event most likely. We don't know if it will be significant or not. Although after a 12 hour wait it damn well better be. :|

The big reveal is 20 hours away.

I'm up, so I may as well watch this one live. Stream link pls?

Top Bottom