• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for anime recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucumo

It smokes those. It really is that good.

Well, just finished the 1999 series and it's pretty good, alright. The ending is something I really liked.

I just meant that the redesign fits the kind of "coming-into-her-own" vibe that Motoko has in Arise. I definitely prefer the original design. The dub version is still a ways off so maybe wait for that if you prefer dubs (as I do).

Ah, okay. English dubs are actually worse than the dubs in my country, so I'm fine with subs.

It's explained why each of the members are in the group, but I can see why you wouldn't like a character like that for sure. All of the members serve some purpose though. I can't compare it to Gunslinger girls because I haven't seen that. She's definitely Tsundere though...

I wan't sure if you'd rather read a manga. Read Tokyo Ghoul. If you don't want to read it, wait for an uncensored version to release. Censorship is bad and they skip many parts.
Explained is mostly everything. The issue lies whether it's actually a good backstory or whether it's simply there for the character to appear in the series. Being a tsundere or yandere for example, totally generic characteristics these days, isn't exactly realistic unless something happened which made one this way.

I don't really read manga which aren't fully released yet, with the exception of One Piece. Would bother me too much to wait so long for anything new.

The old one has a quite a bit of filler in the first arc and the new one has some annoying censorship in the first arc.

Personally I liked the old one better for the 1st arc(Hunter Exam) and the new one is way better afterwards as it drops the censorship and the higher production values take effect for the big fights.

The first arc is a lot longer in the old version and it isn't very good in general compared to the rest of the series when it gets a lot darker, it's up to you.
Well, finished by now. I actually liked the big fights. I'm not someone that needs special effects and such everywhere (some Kara no Kyoukai fights are awesome though). CGI, which is often used these days, would actually make it worse.
The weakest one, in my opinion, was the Zoldyck Family arc. Luckily, that wasn't very long. Censorship was often quite obvious and thus annoying. There were also some general points one has to criticize as well as some inconsistencies/flaws. All in all though, it was rather good (the music deserves mentioning).

Well, off to the OVAs I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom