• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Making a Murderer - oh you mother fuckers

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
This show is infuriating me. I’m almost done with episode three and I’m up to the Brendan interrogation tapes. After having just read and watched a lot of material concerning coerced statements and false testimonies, this scene is eating at me. I cannot believe the shit that’s happened in this case so far and I’m only three episodes in. I have a vague idea of how this season ends - essentially the case - but I don’t know if I’m prepared for all the twists and turns.

Fuck. I’m mad.

Update:

So I had ranted and called out the blood vial and after some videos I’ve found that the filmmakers intentionally left out the fact that blood is stored that way and that the Styrofoam was opened by the defense themselves, explaining the torn evidence tape. Kind of feel duped.

Update 2:

I'm about finished with the show. On the last episode. This is a god damn travesty. I think both Avery and Cassey are innocent but the shit they pulled with Cassey is unbelievable. I'm beside myself.

JCHandsom

Wait till you get to the big twist in the middle

I was jumping up and down at the end of that episode

You'll know which one I'm talking about

Don't watch Confession Tapes if this pisses you off. Like, if this infuriated you then Tapes will make your head explode.

On topic, the show was very depressing.

sn00zer

I hmmmm there are some good rebuttal articles on the internet about this. Long story short its seems pretty clear the main guy did it, but the cops tried to convict him with fake evidence which makes him unintentionally look far less guilty.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I hmmmm there are some good rebuttal articles on the internet about this. Long story short its seems pretty clear the main guy did it, but the cops tried to convict him with fake evidence which makes him unintentionally look far less guilty.

The general consensus is that Avery did it? Or is that really circumstantial and not concrete?

Syrus

Banned

Im pretty sure most people dont think he did it.

no DNA was found even though she was slashed and raped, okay

blackflag

Yes he totally did it. That poor kid though.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, my sweet summer child.

I may have been born in the summer but I’m not your god damn child! I’m up to episode four, okay? Give me time! I may not be able to finish this until Friday. Tomorrow night at earliest.

Okay I’m reading a lot of “he totally did it” on this forum and in other parts of the web. Is it really that clear that he did? If so that’s disappointing because at this point I find it hard to believe he got out of prison after so long only to do something like this.

I had legit arguments with people over the innocence of Steven Avery. I thought he was, but some of my Facebook friends who thought that cops could do no wrong would try to debate and we went back and forth for days. I'm almost jealous that you get to experience that for the first time.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I had legit arguments with people over the innocence of Steven Avery. I thought he was, but some of my Facebook friends who thought that cops could do no wrong would try to debate and we went back and forth for days. I'm almost jealous that you get to experience that for the first time.

Even in the very first episode where they were clearly negligent? They couldn’t even agree with that?

Bowler

It literally should be called "wtf, we can't make this shit up"

Never in my life have I said wtf so many times while watching it.

Still the whole thing from all sides.... is wtf

Even in the very first episode where they were clearly negligent? They couldn’t even agree with that?

You have no idea the mental gymnastics the blue line defenders will go through to defend a police department proven to have sent an innocent man to jail one time in their efforts to send the same man to jail a second time. It truly is infuriating.

SpacLock

I watched it when it first came out, and I figure a few more months, hopefully sometime this winter, I will have forgotten enough to watch it again. It's so damn good.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I watched it when it first came out, and I figure a few more months, hopefully sometime this winter, I will have forgotten enough to watch it again. It's so damn good.

I don’t know how you can want to watch this a second time. I’m only up to episode four and I feel mentally exhausted and wiped.

Dalek

It’s definetly a depressing series.

Remember this above all else to those who say Steven is guilty. The prosecution stated that she had her throat slit in Avery’s dirty room-and there was not a drop of blood or DNA in the room. They also claim that after he slit her throat he took her into the junky garage and killed her *again* by shooting her in the head. Miraculously there is no DNA, blood or brain matter anywhere.

To believe the prosecution you’d have to believe that Steven Avery was simultaneously the dumbest criminal and smartest criminal alive.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

Remember this above all else to those who say Steven is guilty. The prosecution stated that she had her throat slit in Avery’s dirty room-and there was not a drop of blood or DNA in the room. They also claim that after he slit her throat he took her into the junky garage and killed her *again* by shooting her in the head. Miraculously there is no DNA, blood or brain matter anywhere.

To believe the prosecution you’d have to believe that Steven Avery was simultaneously the dumbest criminal and smartest criminal alive.

Yeah that really sounds unbelievable. Also the lack of fingerprints in the car and only smudges of random blood.

SpacLock

I don't know how you can want to watch this a second time. I'm only up to episode four and I feel mentally exhausted and wiped.

Just for the details.

After my first viewing I scoured the internet for more answers, visited the subreddit constantly, and I learned a lot more.

It's definitely a show I believe can be appreciated more with another viewing, but the wow factor will only hit you in the face repeatedly during the first.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yea i thought this show was going to be about different people every episode, after episode one essentially ends with Avery being cleared of the rape he didn't commit.

Im pretty sure most people dont think he did it.

no DNA was found even though she was slashed and raped, okay
yea this is the thing for me, that and motive, being a creep isn't a motive. The boyfriend/brother were highly suspicious as well.

Haven't watch this show in like a year and those abbreviations on the Reddit threads are making my head hurt. Has there been any significant developments?

Yeah, that was the strongest argument I thought. That, and the police used the testimony of a developmentally disabled child under duress as proof that Steven did it.

dankir

The whole series is infuriating and depressing. S2 is supposed to be on the way. There were some updates on Brendan's situation recently too.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The whole series is infuriating and depressing. S2 is supposed to be on the way. There were some updates on Brendan's situation recently too.

I was expecting season 2 to be about a different case but now I hear it's a continuation of this one?

This isn't a show about murder. It's a show about injustice. Regardless of whether he is guilty, his trial was a sham, his investigation was a sham and the way he has been treated is an injustice.

How they were able to act with little or any repercussions is disgraceful.

Man, this show. While Avery is probably guilty of doing it, the way everything was handled by the authorities was just an outright atrocity. They should all be in prison right beside him.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this show. While Avery is probably guilty of doing it, the way everything was handled by the authorities was just an outright atrocity. They should all be in prison right beside him.

I keep seeing this, that Avery most likely did it, but at the end of episode 5, and while there is still a lot more that can be revealed, I don't see how it's so "obvious" that he did it. I feel like it's so casually accepted. Everything I've heard so far does not give me the impression that he did shit, really.

I keep seeing this, that Avery most likely did it, but at the end of episode 5, and while there is still a lot more that can be revealed, I don't see how it's so "obvious" that he did it. I feel like it's so casually accepted. Everything I've heard so far does not give me the impression that he did shit, really.

That's why following procedure is so important. You taint people's opinions releasing all this bullshit before a trial and there is no way a fair decision can be made.

sectionse7en

Neo Member
It's a heartbreaking show.

Putting Avery aside, it's harrowing how Brendan is treated, forced into giving false evidence, and then the jury puts him away. Awful, awful.

The evidence is overwhelming that the police did everything they could do put Avery in the crosshairs. It makes it hard to see whether he did it or not - but it's pretty bloody clear the evidence supplied was false.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
People who think hes guilty LOOOVE to bring up how the prosecution found his saliva in the car.

Fun fact, theres no DNA in saliva.

TripleBee

I wonder if these shows (Murderer, Confession Tapes, etc) will end up having the effect of teaching people to NEVER make statements to police. No matter what. Just don't talk. Also that police will generally just lie to you about evidence on you.

Top Bottom