• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm hired acting coach for Han Solo star's performance

Nibel

I have no clue what is even going on anymore in this thread but let me say this one thing: BronsonLee is not a good man

zoukka

Can't be worse than Rogue One so I'm not even worried.

I wish they hired a directing coach for Lucas back in the day.

Tobor

harrison ford is han solo, if mark hamil was han solo there is likely no movie to be made

there is no harrison ford thus there should be no han solo movie

Had GAF existed in 1968 there would be just as many of you bitching about how they should end the James Bond movies without Sean Connery.

Glass Rebel

My bet is a solid 73-78% with tons of people trying to convince me to check this out because it's "good" but I'll never bother seeing it because I'll be too bitter about my fave filmmakers wasting three years of their life on it to even be able to adequately assess it without bias.

Ant-Man has an 81 RT score.

A Han Solo movie sounds really difficult to make. He's not really a good guy, especially before his redemption scene at the end of A New Hope.
So you're stuck making a prequel about a good guy before he was good.
Star Wars has to be kid-friendly so you can't make him too much of an anti-hero, but making him a regular hero contradicts what his character is about.
At the end, he has to become the jaded, cynical down-on-his-luck smuggler that we meet in Mos Eisley. That's not a good note on which to end a film (or trilogy of films because this is starwars after all).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
SWNN stands by their assertion that "various sources" specifically praised Alden Ehrenreich's performance. You may remember these folks saying two days ago that Ehrenreich personally approached the higher-ups about his concerns with the way the film was coming along. I don't buy this, but I suppose it's possible.

Oh, yeah, and uh...

cFYZe7L.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
Not sure I trust SWNN, considering earlier this year they were reporting their sources had seen printed materials advertising a soon to be announced Obi-Wan spin-off at Star Wars Celebration.

I mean sure, I get all these websites can stumble in their reporting from time to time, but that site did a lot to earn my ire for raising my hopes and dashing them so expertly.

Hey, if the cult would be so kind as to find Personality an answer: Did we ever find out why hiring a great cinematographer for a comedy was such a bad idea?

One among my flock was suggesting that yesterday.

SWNN stands by their assertion that "various sources" specifically praised Alden Ehrenreich's performance.

Just another conflicting leak from this thing.

It's the greatest too-comedic-not-actually-too comedic-not-enough-of-a-western-yet-too-western-that didn't-film-enough-options-but-somehow-filmed-too-many-options-with-great-acting-yet-needed-an-emergency-acting-coach-featuring-complete-creative-freedom-with-no-creative-freedom ever committed to film.

neoism

It really wouldn't surprise me if Alden/LF realized his Solo was going to be this scene spread over two hours.

😂😂😂

yea the lead they picked for this is just terrible his not a good actor..
hell i bet woody will be the best thing about the film.. 😂😂

Okay, hold up.

Hate to break kayfabe here (Bronson, I'm doing that right, right? Wait. I'm doing it. So of course I'm doing it right) but Lights latest post has me thinking a couple little piggies have gone through the looking glass, and I don't wanna dive all the way in, so:

Once that stray shoelace got stepped on and some of the softer tissue on the forum got irritated and weepy, I was pretty sure I could tell who was playing and who was actually just being an insecure little shit letting a spitwad fly once they thought it was "safe" or whatever.

But... does Lights know that GOB is mocking people who legitimately believe I've ever pretended to be black?

I know some of you don't actually understand how a "cult of personality" works, which is fine, a lot of you only just learned yesterday that "bathos" was a real word and not just something a YouTuber made up. But while I can buy that ol' Lacey seriously thinks I am trying to cultivate a cult here (because I guess that would make sense... ish? What would I do with it once I had it?) I guess I'm unsure as to how many of you baby birds cheeping at me actually believe in that gamergatey sour grapes bullshit.

Like, if it's just your basic forum marks taking shit too seriously and getting upset when someone talks to them as opposed to stepping sideways as shitty opinions sail by, that's one thing. But if it really is a bunch of you honestly believing that gater conspiracy theory shit, that's another.

Anyway: It's just Star Wars talk, kiddoes. Being wrong about Star Wars is okay. I do it all the time.

RIP Bobby

Gotta pour one out for a fellow Oregonian

I live.
I die.
I live again.

Speaking of Star Wars:

If filming/reshoots (and I'm guessing they're just being folded into each other with a small 2 or 3 week break packed in there) is going until September do you think they're actually gonna try to let the May date stand, or will they crack by D23 and announce it being pushed back?

Much more important question

Who the fuck do they get to score this thing

-AND-

Can that person bear the pressure of having to write the first ever theme for Han Solo?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I think this pic gets delayed. #TeamDelay

-AND-

Can that person bear the pressure of having to write the first ever theme for Han Solo?

Giacchino again? He can bear it but he can't refuse to pun it. He'll call it...

Han "Solo"

Surfinn

-AND-

Damn, didn't think about there being a Han theme.

Weird

In fact the whole idea of this damn film is just weird and off to me, the more I actually imagine sitting down in a theater for it

Some have been pitching Zimmer since he and Howard apparently have a relationship (I didn't know it was that strong, but hey)

I don't know about Zimmer doing a Star Wars film, though. Not to say that he can't, because he can (and sometimes still does) work in leitmotif. He's at least able to do it. But I don't know if that's a place he would even want to go.

Then again, he's a HUGE John Williams fan, and the opportunity to step into those shoes must be hard to turn down. He couldn't resist it on Man of Steel.

I like to imagine you have that in a muted tab whenever you're here. Just waiting. Like a gunslinger's hand hovering over the butt of his colt.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Grab McCreary off a TV set. Tell him to go full Galactica. Sweeping beautiful haunting score, ironically superimposed upon a comedy heist flick.

-griffy-

Banned
I woudn't mind Desplat getting another crack at a Star Wars, just cause I'm curious. But what about Howard Shore? Or...John Powell?

Grab McCreary off a TV set. Tell him to go full Galactica. Sweeping beautiful haunting score, ironically superimposed upon a comedy heist flick.

I've always liked you, Jeff.

I woudn't mind Desplat getting another crack at a Star Wars, just cause I'm curious. But what about Howard Shore? Or...John Powell?

John Powell is a really interesting choice. I like that.

I'm also curious as to if/when whatever Desplat wrote for Rogue One gets out. The sheet music sometimes leaks from these replacements, and fans then try to recreate what it was going to be. I'd LOVE to hear what he had in mind for that movie.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'd throw out James Newton Howard. He can make a good Han theme, I think. John Powell would be neat.

If he does do a Zimmer score, I'd rather Lorne Balfe go for it.

McCreary is a pipe dream at this point. :(

Edit: someone already said Powell, righteous

ghostmind

Delay it a bit - we don't need two Star Wars films within 6 months of each other.

Of course, don't delay it too much, or else that becomes an issue on the other side with proximity to Episode IX.

I don't know... fly casual.

Top Bottom