• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm hired acting coach for Han Solo star's performance

so like, is someone pushing that post on voat or some shit, because like, a half-dozen pages and a day later the thread is still like 50% reaction gifs, and I gotta imagine someone somewhere is cackling off-site

Valonquar

gallery-1487697013-han-solo-cast-photo-1.jpg

I can't even fully explain why, but this cast photo made me hate the movie already.

-griffy-

Banned
gallery-1487697013-han-solo-cast-photo-1.jpg

I can't even fully explain why, but this cast photo made me hate the movie already.

That's cause everyone is faking a smile while being in a photo with the no good, awful Lord and Miller who screwed everything up. I heard after this photo was taken, the cast was told Opie would be joining the cast and they broke into applause.

El Topo

I can't even tell if you're fucking with me or if you actually believe that ever happened.

(pretty sure you're fucking with me tho)

The fact you can't tell just shows how detached you are from us common folks. We need a new leader, someone who understands us. Fuck it.

All hail Bronson!

Foggy

You were trying to insult me and you instead insulted everyone else who has ever interacted and or talked to me, Lace. And again - since you're the only one who actually even sees a cult of personality built around me (or that I'm trying to build one - what the fuck would I even do with it, dude?) it really does seem like you're way more concerned with it than I've ever been.

Like, look: If you're approaching a forum as if it's a thing you can... "win" or whatever, that's weird. The whole point is to have fun bullshitting with each other over the things we like (and dislike). If you're catching feelings because other people pay attention to me and I pay attention back, or because I disagree with your opinion on a thing, that's not my fault man. That's on you. And if you think my having fun talking with the group (and them yapping back) about all manner of meaningless star fights bullshit is being done to serve some weird ulterior motive - that says more about how you see this place than it does about how I use it.

You blew a whistle and a whole bunch of sensitive boys lined up behind you, and it was weird.

You made the thread weird, Lacey.

Yeah, there's people here going back like 15 years or whatever. Naturally people who have been around for awhile are going to recognize their personalities and respond/react accordingly.

What is even going on? Let it go.

Chumley

Banned
Honestly thought it was going to be something about eyebrows, but huh, it's a full hour of Michael Caine talking about acting, and specifically, acting to camera.

This is pretty cool. Never even heard of this before. Thanks for the link.

No prob. Caine is a great teacher.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This thread is officially more entertaining than this hobbled together corpse of a film will ever be.

Quick.. someone post another reaction gif i wanna see another 3 paragraph defense post...

Also do any of these cults have Koolaide? Wrong kind of cult? Do i need a membership card? Bus pass?

WILL THERE BE PUNCH AND PIE???

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
This thread is officially more entertaining than this hobbled together corpse of a film will ever be.

Quick.. someone post another reaction gif i wanna see another 3 paragraph defense post...

Also do any of these cults have Koolaide? Wrong kind of cult? Do i need a membership card? Bus pass?

Thread's not yet epic enough for a Lionel Mandrake recap ... or is it?

Sephzilla

tumblr_nq5v9c9mTv1ro8ysbo1_r1_500.gif

zerotol

Banned

Get some Nikes and a bunk bed, there's still plenty of room on that spaceship that is following the Hale Bopp comet.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Get some Nikes and a bunk bed, there's still plenty of room on that spaceship that is following the Hale Bopp comet.

I've always wanted one of those solid white full track suits with a matching headband. You know... to hold the 84 silver coins needed to pay Ubther Yaheth...

Praise be his many eyes. Amen.

The hell is happening. Just chill out and talk about Star Wars. No one has a cult around them.

Dunno why people have to get so butthurt.

It's supposed to be fun.

On topic: I really hope this film pulls it together with the new director. Sounds real sketchy. Especially because this was a film no one really asked for in the first place.

Cardon

Came in here to see if any further updates or rumors surfaced and I just see a bunch of weird shit going on between folks.

Guess that's par for the course given the drama surrounding the movie.

Lol I promise you I don't have anything to do with him. Just trying to keep the good vibes and smil—o fuck wait shit wait

I'm trying to delete this hold on

shoelacer

Banned
You were trying to insult me and you instead insulted everyone else who has ever interacted and or talked to me, Lace. And again - since you're the only one who actually even sees a cult of personality built around me (or that I'm trying to build one - what the fuck would I even do with it, dude?) it really does seem like you're way more concerned with it than I've ever been.

Like, look: If you're approaching a forum as if it's a thing you can... "win" or whatever, that's weird. The whole point is to have fun bullshitting with each other over the things we like (and dislike). If you're catching feelings because other people pay attention to me and I pay attention back, or because I disagree with your opinion on a thing, that's not my fault man. That's on you. And if you think my having fun talking with the group (and them yapping back) about all manner of meaningless star fights bullshit is being done to serve some weird ulterior motive - that says more about how you see this place than it does about how I use it.

You blew a whistle and a whole bunch of sensitive boys lined up behind you, and it was weird.

You made the thread weird, Lacey.

Yeah, there's people here going back like 15 years or whatever. Naturally people who have been around for awhile are going to recognize their personalities and respond/react accordingly.

haha "Lacey?" 'insulted anyone who's ever interacted with you' lmao, yeah the dudes in this thread are the real "sensitive boys"
You're the one who disregarded my post because I'm not "recognizable" enough or whatever, as if that's a diss in the first place on a forum populated by 180k posters

I'm out, sorry for devolving yet another star wars thread into this drivel

You're the one who disregarded my post because I'm not "recognizable" enough or whatever, as if that's a diss in the first place on a forum populated by 180k posters

I was fucking with you Lace. As you just pointed out, it would be sorta absurd for someone to say something like that and actually mean it.

Especially considering it was in the middle of a discussion about like, fuckin' Boba Fett or something.

(well, not actually fucking him, although I'm sure we'd have gotten there eventually, so thanks for derailing that, too)

-griffy-

Banned
Has anyone coined the term "gafsplain" yet? Is that a thing? And is it happening in this thread? I don't know exactly what it means but it seems right?

Yes.

We will all simultaneously realize that we have just watched the best Star Wars film ever made and will spend 4 straight spoiler threads agreeing with each other about how amazing it was

For one week

Guy.brush

15 pages in, and it is clear the vision for this thread deviates too much from the written word of the OP. Creative differences cannot be bridged any more with this much passive aggressiveness in the exchanges.
We could also use with a posting trainer to be honest.

Top Bottom