• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi sends notice that The Year of Luigi never ended...

mantidor

i went back a few pages and didn't see this one. did a gaffer do this?

oyt2T42.gif

I think it's in the OP.

I first saw it here a couple of days ago so I think it is from a gaffer.

Hindl

I'm still baffled as to why none of the Nintendo outlets (NCL / NoA / NoE) have done something about this. This thing has gone viral. Pick up on it. Engage with your fans. You are in desperate need of good press. Do SOMETHING.

I love Nintendo's games, but it's quite often that I think the company is run by a bunch of idiots.

Why would you want them to? Look what happened to Banderas. That got ran into the ground so hard. A small acknowledgement from Nintendo would be perfect, and then that's it. Let the meme grow organically and die naturally. Whenever companies try to take advantage of memes, they always get ruined

Sadist

I'm still baffled as to why none of the Nintendo outlets (NCL / NoA / NoE) have done something about this. This thing has gone viral. Pick up on it. Engage with your fans. You are in desperate need of good press. Do SOMETHING.

I love Nintendo's games, but it's quite often that I think the company is run by a bunch of idiots.
Meanwhile on Miiverse...

jbh5CVrnRcO8CS.PNG

They know.

Calamari41

41 > 38
More than five people on my Facebook feed have bought a Wii U and Mario Kart because of this meme, and are loving the game and system. All of the them that I have noticed are the type of gamer whose collections consist of the yearly Madden and Call of Duty updates and not much else.

AdanVC

It's incredible that all AAA games uses the most advanced facial motion-caps on actors to capture the most believable face reactions on their game characters, yet NONE of them have achieved what Luigi -a cartoon character created with hand made animation- has done with that epic death stare. You go Nintendo and all the animators who worked on MK8!

Nintendo planned this from the start, I tip my hat off to them.

Okay is it really a mean face? Or is it his epic nose, a nose so big that it covers his eyes actually giving him the appearance of angry eyes?

JoeM86

From the Wii U UK Facebook

"Inspired by Luigi's antics, this week we'd love to see some of your Mario Kart TV Highlight Reels that feature the green-clad hero! All you need to do is upload your Highlight Reel to YouTube, share the link in the comments to this post and you might end up in the playlist!"

massoluk

Banned

"Inspired by Luigi's antics, this week we'd love to see some of your Mario Kart TV Highlight Reels that feature the green-clad hero! All you need to do is upload your Highlight Reel to YouTube, share the link in the comments to this post and you might end up in the playlist!"
Awesome. Let's hope Nintendo doesn't kill this meme somehow like Republicans and Doge.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

THEY
KNOW

Muffdraul

That's not the right facial expression for Luigi though.

Last night I finally finished Watch Dogs and moved on to MK8. Couldn't wait play as Luigi and check out his chilling death stare first hand...

I got lots of good slo-mo shots of Luigi passing opponents and fucking them up... but he never had the awesome cold stare. He looked exactly like he does in that pic. I was pretty bummed.

It's incredible that all AAA games uses the most advanced facial motion-caps on actors to capture the most believable face reactions on their game characters, yet NONE of them have achieved what Luigi -a cartoon character created with hand made animation- has done with that epic death stare. You go Nintendo and all the animators who worked on MK8!

LOL too true!

Top Bottom