• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Madame Web' trailer released by Sony Pictures

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
6889054a75bf0b109215191b68fa0445
She is the real

kunonabi

Madame Web was awful in the comics and so were all these other losers. I expect this to be as terrible as it looks.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy fuck I was not prepared for how bad that trailer was.

Unreal how Sony keeps pumping out this schlock. Surely at some point someone in their team could go to film making school or something, right?

so apparently it's not julia, even though julia is in the movie, this means the lead actress is playing the original madame web? the old paralysed woman....
What a dumpster fire

FunkMiller

Sony could make a Miles Morales Spider-man movie tomorrow if they wanted to.

But nah... let's instead make a movie out of a Spider-man villain that nobody gives a fuck about, and isn't anything like the comic character anyway.

Sigh. At least this has Sydney Sweeney in tight black spandex.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Adam Scott is Ben Parker, another actress is Mary Parker, Peter's mom. The black suited Ezekiel Simms traveled back to kill the 3 spider women and Mary Parker so that ... Not sure. He's basically the Terminator and Cassandra Web has to protect them all.

so they get 2 actresses who has no qualms about doing nude scenes and put them in a movie with no nude scenes.

what a waste of talent

Atrus

Gold Member
Is this real?

You have the Spider-Man IP to work with and a popular Miles Morales and Gwen Stacey and you go with Madame Webb first?

Did they even need an origin story for Madame Webb?

Last edited:
At least the superpower and its limitations are sort of original, at least compared to the recent MCU movies where they just gave up on explaining things and everyone can just somehow fly and has super strength, well except Bucky, because he sucks.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Sony could make a Miles Morales Spider-man movie tomorrow if they wanted to.

But nah... let's instead make a movie out of a Spider-man villain that nobody gives a fuck about, and isn't anything like the comic character anyway.

Sigh. At least this has Sydney Sweeney in tight black spandex.
they save the good shit for spiderverse.

Hang on, is she some sort of intermittent pre-cog or are they just trying to visualize how spidey senses might actually work?

And PLEASE tell me this trailer is hiding that Kraven shows up and hunts all these girls down....oh wait, the Kraven film is still a thing, isn't it????

Precog. She doesn't have spider powers. She's supposed to be psychic as well.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Their Spider-Man live-action spin-offs are a joke.

Why would they release a trailer and barely show them in their costumes? Looks like the director and writer forgot this was a superhero action film.

I am absolutely not going to be shocked if this does better critically ans theatrically than any of the recent MCU efforts.

Top Bottom