• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Madame Web' trailer released by Sony Pictures

daffyduck

This would have been better if the Spideys were all pointing at each other.

K87NASf.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ffs prolly such a cliche checkmark "movie" and seeing this wow hot women thing. Sad. Understandable. Still sad.

Then again I'm a hypocrite so enjoy your koolaid

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
EVERYONE is eviscerating this film. Men, women, conservative, liberal... It's just a bad movie overall. Even my favorite movie reviewers hate this movie ...

Eiknarf

Banned
What was that definition of madness again?

BTW The RT score is savage.

ebSL2rE.jpg
Yikes!

And MORE yikes:
28 Critics
14 Audience/Users

Last edited:

Fake

So, what is left from Spider-Man universe? Scorpion? Dr.Octopus?

Maybe a movie about J.J Jamison, but he is like to conservative to be on movie. Maybe Uncle May spinoff.

Saw it in IMAX, didn't expect anything from it, but I actually enjoyed it; at least the first two acts.
Ask me anything you want to know I guess, if you care enough.

NickFire

Saw it in IMAX, didn't expect anything from it, but I actually enjoyed it; at least the first two acts.
Ask me anything you want to know I guess, if you care enough.
Does Imax put the butter on the popcorn or do they make you do that yourself? Thinking about going to one for Deadpool this summer. Best to be prepared.

Does Imax put the butter on the popcorn or do they make you do that yourself? Thinking about going to one for Deadpool this summer. Best to be prepared.
This must be a US thing cause I've never heard of that, there's no separate butter for popcorn here lol; that sounds like it would get gross/greasy real quick and a nightmare for the ushers who have to clean the theater.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
We have napkins. At least I use them.

I did leave a theater the other day and the older couple on my row opened a bunch of candy and just threw all the wrappers on the ground. Not typical and rude.

Those butter stations make the popcorn eating experience SO MUCH better! But the theaters I go to don't have seasoning for the popcorn. :(

I hate when people put stuff on the floor like wrappers or while containers. It doesn't matter that that's what housekeeping is for but at least be mindful to make their jobs a little bit easier.

Trunx81

This now is also my favorite line from the movie

Wait, the villain gets killed by PRODUCT PLACEMENT?! Lol

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
This now is also my favorite line from the movie

Wait, the villain gets killed by PRODUCT PLACEMENT?! Lol

Sweeney being in this Marvel crap is out of character and I said that the second I heard of her casting a year ago.

These types of movies are not her thing. Well, they weren’t. And still shouldn’t be.

Get back to artsy shit / not actual shit

Last edited:

kunonabi

I swear it's like they are trying to make Spider-Man less cool by having so many people have the same powers.
That's basically what the comics have been doing for years. It's why I hated Madam Web when she showed up, it's why I hated all the random Spider-People that sprung up starting with Miles, and why I hate all the multiverse stuff. This idea that every culture, every decade, every city, every financial bracket, etc needs their own Spider hero representation is just silly.

Phobos Base

I remember the days when Chris Stuckmann would actually call out bad movies, not skirting around criticising people in the industry who might hire him.

I remember the days when Chris Stuckmann would actually call out bad movies, not skirting around criticising people in the industry who might hire him.

If you dislike how often he plugs the fact he made his own movie in his videos, just wait until you find out about his sordid "open relationship" he's forced his wife into because his unfortunate upbringing within a religious cult has made it impossible for him to accept he's just gay.

I saw this film on valentines day (and no I'm not single) thinking I was in the mood to watch a fun bad movie, but it's not a fun bad movie, it's not even the movie they advertised in the trailers. The whole film is just grumpy lady using her ability to see the future to try and stop these three teenagers (played by adults) from getting killed by costume shop Spiderman.

It doesn't have superheroes in it, or superhero fights, she literally just defends these girls using fireworks, trucks and.. a giant falling pepsi logo. you only see the "spider girls" in a dream sequence right at the start, and a future vision sequence at the end which lasts all of maybe 30 seconds combined. Then the worst part is the movie is two hours long because they keep repeating the same clip over and over to drill home the future-sight ability, Actually scrap that, the worst part is Sidney Sweeney wears a fucking sweater the whole movie.

Top Bottom