• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Madame Web' trailer released by Sony Pictures

I honestly thought it was a fan-made trailer preview from the thumbnail which is why I skipped it yesterday when I noticed it. Having now watched it.. I echo the sentiment that it mirrors like a slightly higher budget CW show.

kunonabi

Their Spider-Man live-action spin-offs are a joke.

Why would they release a trailer and barely show them in their costumes? Looks like the director and writer forgot this was a superhero action film.
I would laugh so hard if they're only in costume for the visions and they never actually suit up.

RaptorGTA

This was such a 'paint by numbers' trailer. I seriously can't take these trailers anymore. *music stop* witty comedic line

So is Spiderman gonna make an appearance in this movie? If he does, and interests in this movie is low heading into opening week, I can totally see a emergency trailer being released hinting he is in it to drum up interests.

DKehoe

F_EiR_rXQAAT2ul

jason10mm

Gold Member
I would laugh so hard if they're only in costume for the visions and they never actually suit up.
Where would these street rats even get suits? Especially multi-limbed robot suits (unless that chick grows legs out of her back?). I've a strong feeling this film will end with a "NOW we are ready to fight...." ending of all of them in their suits but we won't get much else 'cause that shit is expensive. Then again, I'm HIGHLY unlikely to ever watch this thing so I don't know why I even care. Even an extended Tom Hardy as Venom cameo wouldn't get me to watch it, much less Tom Holland.

RAÏSanÏa

It seems to use the cut away scenes like Psych did for observations but for the premonitions or whatever. Neat gimmick that could hide storytelling clues for a series that uses that or something similar.

With liberties already taken Sweeney could've gotten away with only wearing a self spun web for a costume.

I wonder if this movie was meant to compete with the cancelled HBO Batgirl. Seems about the same expected CW level of production.

MCU and Marvel Spotlight can glean some direction whatever happens.

NickFire

I never heard of this character before seeing the trailer. Production values don't look bad to me, but it doesn't look very interesting either.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How is Sony Pictures still so bad at movies.
Not all, Paramount & Columbia Pictures seem to the only ones making decent stuff these days.
But you still have the crap coming from those studios with the new Directors & Writers which they keep giving those films too.
Also remember as much as the Marvel fanboys hate to hear it, No Way Home was mostly produced at Sony Pictures because they wanted more creative control unlike the previous two films that Marvel had most control over.
That's the team that should be handling those films but they probably working on the next Spider-Man.
I just realised they are making the live action Zelda film. Oh fuck it’s gonna be crap.
Yeah that's D.O.A
ironically a Sony Pictures product
Same with Cobra Kai

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Did Sony not get the memo? You're not supposed to release dogshit movies, you're supposed to shelve them for the tax write-off.

Someone over at Sony should do an internship at WB.

jason10mm

Gold Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on them for not having at least the bad guy actor (who seems to be in pretty decent shape) wear a similar mesh type outfit. That guy would have been THE HERO of the night had he done that, I think.

nKOKqdQ.jpg

But DAMN, Sweeney is just all sorts of banging, let's see if she can transition to legit Ana De Armas/Scarjo level or is just a flash in the pan.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on them for not having at least the bad guy actor (who seems to be in pretty decent shape) wear a similar mesh type outfit. That guy would have been THE HERO of the night had he done that, I think.

nKOKqdQ.jpg

But DAMN, Sweeney is just all sorts of banging, let's see if she can transition to legit Ana De Armas/Scarjo level or is just a flash in the pan.
Who is the blonde in the middle?

I saw that movie with Sydney Sweeney "Anyone but you" last night. I didn't know the actress but I said to my gf: now that is a terrible actress, she must have laid with the director or something... Haven't seen such terrible acting in a 'A' list movie since forever.

Dural

I saw that movie with Sydney Sweeney "Anyone but you" last night. I didn't know the actress but I said to my gf: now that is a terrible actress, she must have laid with the director or something... Haven't seen such terrible acting in a 'A' list movie since forever.

Watched it friday night with my wife and we both said the same thing, it was shocking how bad she was. Horrible movie as well, was hoping it would be good due to Glen Powell.

Top Bottom