• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

For Ging, I think it's more like he didn't bother to avoid it, rather than take it on purpose. Taking it on purpose to make Leorio popular seems like too big of a mastermind plan. Ging probably considered it negligible.

ryan13ts said:
I've never seen any basic usage of nen in the series that let anyone teleport their fist into someone's face. Hatsu's are unique to the individual so whatever the technique Leorio used, it's definitely a specialized ability he created.

Hell, after all the time he's been absent in the series, I'd be beyond disappointed if he didn't develop his Hatsu into a unique ability.
I'm not saying he didn't develop his hatsu, but there he just threw his Nen into the ground and navigated it to Ging's face. We've seen shaped aura being dismissed from users before (though it's usually performed by Transformation/Manipulation users and not Emission). It could still be his ability with aspects that we don't know about, but what he just did could definitely be performed using basics on an advanced level. I'd be more disappointed if this was his ability.

I guess it's also possible that he never developed an ability and will just rely on his hatsu like Gon does.

In any case it's still really advanced. Most of the Emission attacks we've seen before were spherical and barely functional, so seeing him give it shape (being Emission) that easily is a big deal.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hitman Reborn: C

Boring. Anticlimactic. I hate the Shimon.

Hunter X Hunter:: A+

LEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, Ging let himself get hit. Because he is a fucking BOSS. This is all apart of Ging's plan.

Negaiido

I just had a quick question, I'm looking for a 'new' manga to read because I don't have anything to follow anymore.
Out of the next few which should I get ?

- Hunter x Hunter
- Zombie Loan
- Jack Frost

Thanks a lot :)

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter 325:

Clegg said:
Does anyone else think Ging let Leorio hit him.

Ging is one of the most powerful nen users in the world, this could be a new part of his plan to combat Pariston.

I "want" to think this simply because Ging has been so great so far with his anti Partison schemes, but Ging has a pretty nice look of shock on his face. I think Leorio actually hit him.

Edit:

cosmicblizzard said:
Would be a total blue balls if he did it now.

Anyone remember what the rumor was on when he would take another break? Was it the beginning or end of December?

The rumor just mentioned December, not an actual date. However since he will probably want to get out at least two volumes, I think he will make it at least until chapter 330.

upandaway

cosmicblizzard said:
Would be a total blue balls if he did it now.

Anyone remember what the rumor was on when he would take another break? Was it the beginning or end of December?
I think it was beginning, but it'll make way more sense to be at the end (it'll end on 330 flat).

Kusagari

Kreed said:
Hunter X Hunter 325:

I "want" to think this simply because Ging has been so great so far with his anti Partison schemes, but Ging has a pretty nice look of shock on his face. I think Leorio actually hit him.

Ging looked down at the table though and seemed to be expecting something to happen. I think with the way Ging has been portrayed that he's definitely schemed a plan here to make Leorio the candidate to beat Pariston. I wouldn't be surprised if he answered the way he did to intentionally egg on Leorio.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter 325:

Kusagari said:
Ging looked down at the table though and seemed to be expecting something to happen. I think with the way Ging has been portrayed that he's definitely schemed a plan here to make Leorio the candidate to beat Pariston. I wouldn't be surprised if he answered the way he did to intentionally egg on Leorio.

He looked down because he saw the hole in the table. I think you're right that he was egging Leorio on to do something, but I don't think he was expecting the punch especially with that "I just got rocked" look on his face. Plus Ging would be stupid to take a hit from a Nen ability that he may or may not know the details of.

gunbo13

Dedication Through Light said:
Flame of Recca through the swordsman of water arc chp 17

That is Recca's mom, wow! The fight was pretty amazing. I thought Recca would lose but managed to give it his all. I cant wait to see if his skills evolve.
His mom is the best part of that manga. Though, I gave up after 18 volumes. There are some serious "holy shit!" moments through the creative use of the powers but it still really started to drag IMO. I wonder if I will ever finish it.

But I'm the guy who still hasn't finished Lucifer BH giving up about 5-6 times already so what do I know.
Negaiido said:
I just had a quick question, I'm looking for a 'new' manga to read because I don't have anything to follow anymore.
Out of the next few which should I get ?

- Hunter x Hunter
- Zombie Loan
- Jack Frost

Thanks a lot :)
Go with the recommendations but we also talk a ton about other quality manga ITT.

upandaway

TLR 37 (it's the second one today)

I was careless. I have made a critical mistake.

I've overlooked the fact that we didn't get an indifferent tsundere yet.

This development suddenly makes perfect sense.

gunbo13

upandaway said:
TLR 37 (it's the second one today)

I was careless. I have made a critical mistake.

I've overlooked the fact that we didn't get an indifferent tsundere yet.

This development suddenly makes perfect sense.
Rookie mistake. TLR leaves no female harem archetypes unturned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kreed said:
Hunter X Hunter 325:

Edit:

The rumor just mentioned December, not an actual date. However since he will probably want to get out at least two volumes, I think he will make it at least until chapter 330.
That rumor came from Something Awful, and I don't think there was any source. But it sounded plausible.

upandaway

Angry Grimace said:
That rumor came from Something Awful, and I don't think there was any source. But it sounded plausible.
I think I read somewhere that the source came from the same people that originally leaked of HxH returning (i.e. one of Togashi's assistants)

Dunno how much that's worth though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
upandaway said:
I think I read somewhere that the source came from the same people that originally leaked of HxH returning (i.e. one of Togashi's assistants)

Dunno how much that's worth though
That rumor actually prevented me from picking HxH up though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hunter x Hunter

A+

Leorio and a mention of Kurapica

We've finally seen Leorio use his emission powers.

tenchir

Hunter X Hunter

I am pretty sure Ging knows that Leorio isn't a killer, so he wasn't worried that the nen attack he was hit with will kill him. I am fairly sure that he is extremely good at reading a person's personality so he allowed himself to be hit.

HxH

Just curious, how does Gaf feel about Kurapika and Leorio anyway?

I'm pleasantly surprised I'm not alone in my love for Leorio based on your reactions, so I'm kinda curious now.

Neoriceisgood said:
HxH

Just curious, how does Gaf feel about Kurapika and Leorio anyway?

I'm pleasantly surprised I'm not alone in my love for Leorio based on your reactions, so I'm kinda curious now.

I always figured Leorio was pretty popular. The guy was the closest to a "normal" human in the hunter exam, so it's easier to relate and nice to see his progression even if we haven't seen him in a while. Going from the weakest in the bunch to punching Gon's reason for becoming a hunter in the face is quite satisfying even if Ging let him.

Kurapika is alright.

Yeah, the rumor was basically "I heard someone from Madhouse say Togashi is planning to go on hiatus in December, but he got the anime pushed through so he could have another source of income". I only posted it because it was backed up by a SA mod, and that site seems about as trustworthy as GAF.

Clegg

IMO Kurapica is one of the best characters in the manga.

He's basically Sasuke done right.

Also his Hatsu "Emperor Time" makes him the most boss character in the manga.

upandaway

Leorio is like the embodiment of the reader's inner angry screaming voice. Everything he says is satisfying as hell and he yells the fuck out of it for extra points.

Defuser

Fairy Tail
Interesting,so the old lady is actually grandine from Edolas. I thought Mashima wouldn't reference that world again and fuck yeah! A staple shonen plot! A tournament arc!!

Fairy Tali 260

It seems that Mashima has delivered the epicness and shocking revelation this week to account for Kishimoto's absence, and he did well. That was an epic chapter. Like Natsu Im all fired up, not only for Wendys new Sky Dragon's special moves but for these magic games, kind of shocked its not just a great battle royale. I wonder who will tell Gajeel? Lol Romeo was just as excited as Natsu.

Griffith

Banned
Gantz 352

I expected something like this would happen. I really don't want to have to deal with multiple chapters of "Kei-chan", "Tae-chan" nonsense again.

upandaway

I actually like FT when it doesn't focus on the fighting silliness so the olympics are definitely a good thing.

Pretty obvious the "final game" will be some sort of fight but the first half should be pretty fun.

Beelzebub

Toujou is such a boss. Get this guy a demon already. This "not even contracted and yet?!?!" stuff are fun too he's long overdue for one.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter:

Yeah, the rumor was basically "I heard someone from Madhouse say Togashi is planning to go on hiatus in December, but he got the anime pushed through so he could have another source of income". I only posted it because it was backed up by a SA mod, and that site seems about as trustworthy as GAF.

It's not like the rumor wouldn't have been believable regardless of the source. Usually Togashi takes a break every 10 chapters, but his most recent break was after 20. Right now we are at 15 chapters and the rumored month would put him in the chapter 20 range again.

The only reason people have hope that there won't be a break is the new anime, but considering the fact that the anime started from the beginning and it has a lot of ground to cover there's no reason why Togashi couldn't take another break.

Erigu

[Hunter x Hunter]
The only reason people have hope that there won't be a break is the new anime
I'm not even sure how that works...

At this point, I'd rather assume there will be another hiatus next month. If there isn't, great, but judging from the past few years, there'd be no reason to act all shocked and shit otherwise, really...

upandaway

Hunter X Hunter:

It's not like the rumor wouldn't have been believable regardless of the source. Usually Togashi takes a break every 10 chapters, but his most recent break was after 20. Right now we are at 15 chapters and the rumored month would put him in the chapter 20 range again.

The only reason people have hope that there won't be a break is the new anime, but considering the fact that the anime started from the beginning and it has a lot of ground to cover there's no reason why Togashi couldn't take another break.
The same rumor also said the anime will be finished in less than a year, didn't it?

Somewhere around ep 30

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

Oh god, that world got mentioned again.

At least a tournament arc is different, but I can't believe their quest for number one would fall onto their lap so easily *looks at manga title* oh yeah...

Beelzebub

Squeeee~~~ Toujou!!!

Lain

Started reading the first volume of Ghost in the Shell: SAC and the first thing that hit me is, the art is nice but it isn't Masamune Shirow's nice.
Motoko isn't as sexy as she should be.

upandaway

TLR 38

I have made another critical mistake. I can't believe how much of a fool I was.

There will be a Lala harem faction within Rito's harem. Yami-chan has already joined.

Also, the clothes-melting acid was probably the funniest moment I've had with TLR yet

Fairy Tail

"If we worked together there´s nothing we can´t accomplish" Yeah, this arc will turn as bad as Grimoire Heart´s arc.

Beelzebub

Tojo´s appearance make the chapters always better. Tojo is such a beast.

Fairy Tail

"If we worked together there´s nothing we can´t accomplish" Yeah, this arc will turn as bad as Grimoire Heart´s arc.

Beelzebub

Tojo´s appearance make the chapters always better. Tojo is such a beast.

But the new Harry Potter Wizards Cup arc is going to be fantastic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom