• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

It's like he timed this shit on purpose to coincide with Skyrim.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter:

The same rumor also said the anime will be finished in less than a year, didn't it?

Somewhere around ep 30

Yeah, here's the original rumor quote:

I found this on Something Awful. The original source is another poster from that forum (and although I don't think I can access that source, a mod there backed it up. It's about Hunter x Hunter.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442177#post396356861

A reliable source in the anime industry informs me: "I met this guy working at Madhouse, and he was complaining about how Togashi (the HxH manga author) wanted the anime as a secure source of income. The Madhouse guy didn't seem to think it'd succeed though, since the entire thing is slated for only 36 episodes or so, and there's no way to animate the Chimera Ant arc. He also mentioned that the manga would be stopping again in December."
So yeah, don't get your hopes up.

I hope this isn't true.

So that's even worse news about the anime if the rumor is true. I would have at least thought the new anime would have covered the Ant Arc (since that's the main arc that hasn't been animated in some form).

Beelzebub 133:

Not a fan of this chapter at all. The Toujou jokes weren't great, and Toujou didn't actually do much so there wasn't even anything exciting in regards to action. At least Oga now has a short cut straight to Hilda so that will hopefully allow us to go straight to the main fight soon.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i just got done reading HunterXHunter, and i can say is

LEORIO BROS, STAND UP!

seriously, i was glad to see him. and his new technique looks to be awesome.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Air Gear:

When did this happen? I dropped it after a girl took over Obama's body (among the other ridiculous shit).

other way around. he snatched hers. and its something that needs to be fixed already. he is too damn comfortable in her skin..

Snakeyes

Air Gear is that good? I guess I should move it up on my list to read after finishing Recca.

It's amazing if you pay attention to the little details because a lot of elements that many consider to be ass-pulled were subtly foreshadowed in the early chapters. Also, don't go in expecting a sports series; it's more of a high-tech parkour/battle manga.

Do that and you'll love it.

Snakeyes

Air Gear:
When did this happen? I dropped it after a girl took over Obama's body (among the other ridiculous shit).

There's honestly nothing extremely ridiculous in the manga besides a few moments. The most ridiculous concept (super-powered skates that double as Long Fall Boots) was introduced in Chapter 1 and everyone was fine with it.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail: Blah, blah,blah HOLY SHIT A TOURNAMENT ARC.

love him or hate him, you've gotta hand it Mashima for pumping out so many arcs. Can't wait to see Natsu & gang kick ass and i'm sure we'll see a lot of familiar faces.

Kusagari

There's honestly nothing extremely ridiculous in the manga besides a few moments. The most ridiculous concept (super-powered skates that double as Long Fall Boots) was introduced in Chapter 1 and everyone was fine with it.

I don't care if the rest of the manga was war and peace(which it isn't). The manga will never outlive the whole Obama debacle which got more and more ridiculous.

Kreed

Air Gear:

Wait, what? O___O

A little after Obama beat Hilary in the primaries the Air Gear manga introduced the character "president elect Ohama". At first it was just a simple cameo, but then they had Ohama switch bodies with one of the female main characters (thanks for the correction Parallax). The manga became almost unreadable shortly after this.

...Nevermind my question. Carry on.

Snakeyes

Air Gear:
...Nevermind my question. Carry on.

Sorry, I thought were bashing the manga. If you dropped it right after the body swap...

You missed Yoshitsune being awesome by a few chapters.

Then there's a nice Class C: Air battle with Koga doing some great teamwork.

After that you'll reach the worst arc of the manga IMO. It's a battle reminiscent of the one against Akira's team but with terrible execution.

Now we've got another Dash battle like in the ones in the beginning of the series but on an epic scale.

Sorry, I thought were bashing the manga. If you dropped it right after the body swap...

You missed Yoshitsune being awesome by a few chapters.

Then there's a nice Class C: Air battle with Koga doing some great teamwork.

After that you'll reach the worst arc of the manga IMO. It's a battle reminiscent of the one against Akira's team but with terrible execution.

Now we've got another Dash battle like in the ones in the beginning of the series but on an epic scale.

Manga is alright, still feels a little too much like a PG13 version of Tenjo Tenghe for me though. I stopped reading it when he does that thing where characters starts to die horribly in one chapter, than turns out to be alright in another. It destroyed the tension for me.

Snakeyes

Manga is alright, still feels a little too much like a PG13 version of Tenjo Tenghe for me though. I stopped reading it when he does that thing where characters starts to die horribly in one chapter, than turns out to be alright in another. It destroyed the tension for me.

What chapter was that? Some pretty important characters got killed off lately.

Articalys

Bakuman 156

That felt like a really abrupt ending to the chapter.

Out of curiosity, how is Bakuman itself doing in the Jump rankings?

Griffith

Banned
Bakuman 156

That felt like a really abrupt ending to the chapter.

Out of curiosity, how is Bakuman itself doing in the Jump rankings?

Pretty well. It's usually either in or around the top 5, but during the last arc with Nanamine it dropped pretty low for a few weeks. It's picked back up again recently though (it was third this week).

Ben-to Zero: Road to Witch chp 5

What? Its over? I thought they would have extended the background more, and Satou and Oshiro only had such a brief moment. I think it was good background on Sen Yarizui (the ice witch). Oh well, it was decent.

upandaway

Bakuman

What the fuck.

At least he learned his lesson but that was really awkward.

Cage of Eden

what's going onnnnnnn

in this mangaaaaaaaaaaaa

what's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Griffith

Banned
Blade of the Immortal vol 28

Jesus, Habaki doesn't fuck around.

This volume was great, and with the fights set up the way they are the next volume should be even better.

upandaway

Nurarihyon

I really like that finisher in the beginning.

I'm just waiting for the next time he wears someone though. I don't know why they're not doing it often. It's awesome.

upandaway

Mirror World

That is goddamn incredible. Wow. I have such a "!!?" face right now haha.

Absolutely amazing.

This changes everything.

And people were saying how this could end soon, too. Hilarious.

edit
TLR 39

could be the best chapter yet

Averon

Mirror World

That is goddamn incredible. Wow. I have such a "!!?" face right now haha.

Absolutely amazing.

This changes everything.

And people were saying how this could end soon, too. Hilarious.

I guess Harisugawa have an opening to start building his harem.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kagami 19 - True End Harem route unlocked.
Since this is so short so far, I actually did just go ahead and read it but I couldn't shake the nagging impression that the entire continuation of the plot is reliant round Satomi being the dumbest person alive. It's almost funny to me how much shonen writers love the stock character of the super hot, yet sweet girl that's dumb as a post (although we're often told they're super book smart because in shonen anyone who isn't book smart is automatically a delinquent). We have a similar character in stock western pieces, but she's usually a bitch (we used to call this the Libby before tvtropes renamed all the tropes).

H X H

After watching the episode today i read the entire getting the hunter licence arc, or what´s it´s called. I realized that i want to see Hisoka going full out against a powerful enemies.

scy

Since this is so short so far, I actually did just go ahead and read it but I couldn't shake the nagging impression that the entire continuation of the plot is reliant round Satomi being the dumbest person alive. It's almost funny to me how much shonen writers love the stock character of the super hot, yet sweet girl that's dumb as a post (although we're often told they're super book smart because in shonen anyone who isn't book smart is automatically a delinquent). We have a similar character in stock western pieces, but she's usually a bitch (we used to call this the Libby before tvtropes renamed all the tropes).

It's just basically how he rolls at this point. Every female lead has basically been dumb as bricks. For humor factor here, Satomi is probably the smartest of the three. Which frightens me, honestly.

On that note, I never understood the whole
picture that proves he likes Saki according to Satomi. I mean, yeah, she only saw her so, alright, logical conclusion in crazytown but ... it looks like a photo from a school trip. How the hell did nobody else ever see this picture?

Dumb characters aside, it's just kind of enjoyable, y'know? I do wonder how long it'll take for Saki to
tell Satomi about her own confession
. Too bad we'll get probably 10 or more chapters of wacky hijinks minimum before progression of any kind.

Wiseblade

Silver Spoon

x5410p.jpg

It's great, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom