• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I was wondering why the previous Tsuchikage was warning the current Tsuchikage as he was being sealed. Kishimoto will not let this end.

Zoe said:
He wasn't even in the group that came to the real world after the SS arc, IIRC.
I thought that´s what i said. It´s weird seeing them without Yumichika.

Trojita said:
I was wondering why the previous Tsuchikage was warning the current Tsuchikage as he was being sealed. Kishimoto will not let this end.
That´s true. Kishi kept Muu to show us his summon.

survivor

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
Seriously though i wonder what really happened to Hody. Arlong was a bastard but at least he cared enough for his fellow fishman but Hody just does not give a flying fuck anymore.

I hope the revelation is not some lame family stuff or something.
Hody is Tiger's son.

Trojita

I have no idea what happened in that Hinata scene.

The Hinata that guy punched was a clone right? Did they go after the second Hinata, likely the real Hinata, because they thought she was a clone too or are those guys clones targeting the real Hinata?

Zoe

Beam said:
I thought that´s what i said. It´s weird seeing them without Yumichika.

I thought you were speaking about this time. Kenpachi and Yachiru weren't part of the group back then.

survivor

Banned
Neoriceisgood said:
Interesting prediction, wouldn't people know this though? I see no logical reason for this to be a secret.
Hody is the son of a human mother and Tiger and he is ashamed of it so he is hiding this fact.

Or some shit like that.

Articalys

Kagari said:
Medaka Box 117

WOW.
They finally got away from the last arc... which was terrible.

ZENKICHI IS THE FINAL BOSS. :O He agrees to be Medaka's enemy in order to bring the Flask plan down... which also means he'll be receiving a power up of some sort.
Are there also summaries for 114-116 somewhere? CXC slowed down to a crawl seems to have completely died again and I'd like to know what I'm missing.

Zoe

Beam said:
Oh yes. I was speaking about this time. I am not sure if misunderstood what you mean.

Remember there was a group who masqueraded as high school students?

Naruto

It kinda flew over my head that the last few chapters of Naruto fights has been his clones o_O
does that not make him crazy powerful that they are all equally that strong?

Smiles and Cries said:
Naruto

It kinda flew over my head that the last few chapters of Naruto fights has been his clones o_O
does that not make him crazy powerful that they are all equally that strong?

Well possibly, however, if they could all equally be in the nine tails awakened mode it would be even better and stronger.

Kusagari

survivor said:
Hody is the son of a human mother and Tiger and he is ashamed of it so he is hiding this fact.

Or some shit like that.

Ughh that would be really cliche. Hope that isn't it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should I be happy or sad that I am 3 posters away from making the Wall of Shame?

Also, I its only 40 chapters long, but Yugioh R so far has just been horrible, and I am only 6 chapters in. The dulls are just so boring, there is no tension.

Is my thread one of the biggest and longest (continuing)?

I feel like I should post on here more but I read and finish series so fast I hardly ever have time to come on here and discuss them.

Deadly Monk said:
Is my thread one of the biggest and longest (continuing)?

I feel like I should post on here more but I read and finish series so fast I hardly ever have time to come on here and discuss them.
You're like the godfather, you don't need to say much.

Apath

mysticwhip said:
you read pluto,adolf,vagabond,slam dunk,real,aiki or whatever flawfuls recommends?
I started getting tired of flawfuls recommendations, hahaha. Or rather, I got tired of reading the more artsy intricate mangas.

Started Pluto, got bored. Read Vagabond to... some chapter and learned it's never going to be finished so I dropped it (it's too amazing to be left hanging =P). Never read Adolf, Real or Slam Dunk. I've never really gotten into sports mangas though.

I can't say I've heard of AIKI. I guess I've heard it mentioned before, but I never really knew what it was. I'll check that out.
EDIT: I'm like 10 pages in and it feels shitty as hell.

I"m still wondering how a zombie still has access to his summoning. I can somewhat understand having his other techniques but, don't you need live blood as a sacrifice?

Dedication Through Light said:
Well possibly, however, if they could all equally be in the nine tails awakened mode it would be even better and stronger.

running around the different battlefields with that yellow flash suit like superman is kinda strange for him... Saving the main two girls in one chapter (Sakura and Hinata) with different clones coming in like a boss? Sheesh I kinda feel like they are setting us up to make him look like a retard against Sauce once again :( ... So nine tails mode is saved for the final fight as always

Apath

Smiles and Cries said:
running around the different battlefields with that yellow flash suit like superman is kinda strange for him... Saving the main two girls in one chapter (Sakura and Hinata) with different clones coming in like a boss? Sheesh I kinda feel like they are setting us up to make him look like a retard against Sauce once again :( ... So nine tails mode is saved for the final fight as always
Isn't he constantly in nine-tails mode?

Naruto
TacticalFox88 said:
I"m still wondering how a zombie still has access to his summoning. I can somewhat understand having his other techniques but, don't you need live blood as a sacrifice?
That´s called Kishi magic.

TacticalFox88 said:
blood is blood

Apath

Beam said:
Naruto

That´s called Kishi magic.
It's called asspull. I know this is like... two years ago, but I still cannot get over how Kabuto has enough chakra in him to handle summoning/controlling an entire army of kage level ninja+fodder.

Wiseblade

TacticalFox88 said:
They still have blood, right?

Apath

Dedication Through Light said:
I thought he dropped it to go into Sage Mode, I wonder if he can stack modes?
He did, but that was only for a little bit. Otherwise he's been pretty much constantly running around using nine-tails mode.

Kenak said:
Isn't he constantly in nine-tails mode?

I am not sure what mode he has been trying to get into but failing at a fight back when he change into sage mode to be fast enough to use that guys weapon against him.

That yellow suit mode is the nine tails chakra mode but there is another form he has been working on but failing at.

All of his clones seem to be able to change from any mode at will except that mode he has not been able to get working

Kenak said:
It's called asspull. I know this is like... two years ago, but I still cannot get over how Kabuto has enough chakra in him to handle summoning/controlling an entire army of kage level ninja+fodder.
Well he does have orochimaru's body parts and chakra. Also, if I remember correctly he summoned them from a scroll not from blood, which requires no chakra.

RagnarokX

Kenak said:
He did, but that was only for a little bit. Otherwise he's been pretty much constantly running around using nine-tails mode.
His real body ran out of nine-tails juice after fighting Nagato.

Naruto
Kenak said:
Actually the Kabuto thing is explainable. He has Orochimaru´s white snake cells which regenerate both Kabuto´s health and chakra.

Naruto

Page 9 of chapter 558 is what finally reminded me of all the clones
his main body is with Bee right now Bee caught up after taking a piss break

so hard to follow when you forget how many Narutos are running around

Naruto

BTW not all summons require blood. Orochimaru summon that 3 wall thing to defend against the Kyuubi. Only animal summon require blood, because of the contract, that people sign on with the animal they are summoning.

survivor

Banned
Kenak said:
He has enough chakara to control entire army, but he can't focus on making the main zombies shut up and stop exposing their strategies and weaknesses. Kabuto is one stupid fucker.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Articalys said:
Are there also summaries for 114-116 somewhere? CXC slowed down to a crawl seems to have completely died again and I'd like to know what I'm missing.

The next arc is going to be all about Zenkichi it seems. It's heavily hinted at that Medaka and his bond is breaking...

In chapter 115, Medaka is really rude to him. Putting Zenkichi down for being a failure, etc. and even going as far as hitting him because of it. Najimi, of course, has seen the whole exchange.

From animesuki:

Chapter 116:
After Najimi appears behind Zen, he frustrated blames her for ruining his life. She agrees on that part and offers to allow her at least to make it up for him.

She starts explaining about his situation with Medaka and according to Najimi, the solution lies in defeating Medaka, the main character, against whom even non equals can't win. Zen responds that he gets what she's trying to do "Put him up against her because Anshin doesn't want to face Medaka herself" She says that compared to the opponents before whom all couldn't face her, if he became a man capable of that feat, Medaka would be certainly delighted. Since that's the only method if he wants to continue to be a special existence to Medaka.

And more importantly that he shouldn't misunderstand her because she doesn't want him to take the "Final boss" position since those who take it, ultimately lose like Kumagawa would for example. She wants him to make him into the "Main Character" position, where victory is always guaranteed, what the purpose is of the Flask plan. And thus yes, she wants him to become such a person. Zen's surprised and asks her if she's trying to make him an experimental subject for the Flask plan but she adds that if he joins, the purpose of the council would be fulfilled since none of the other students would be used. She tells him it's up to him to decide whether he accepts. She makes references to other heroes from other series and asks him if he doesn't want to become like one of those mentioned people. He asks her if he can get 10 sec think time to think and reluctantly adds the honorific san to her name, and she replies that he can have 15 secs. Flashback to Medaka thanking him and the chap end with "I"...

Chapter 117:

Zen agreed to become Medaka's opponent. He said he's doing it, because he loves her and he wants to be by her side. He also told Najimi this doesn't mean he's necessarily following her plan and that once he defeats Medaka, he's bringing the Flask Plan down.

After that, Zen goes to Medaka to tell her what he intends to do, but that he also has intentions to keep working with the student council. Then, when he turns his back on her she sneak attacks him. Kuma mentions how unfair she is, for attacking him before he even powered up.

Trojita

survivor said:
He has enough chakara to control entire army, but he can't focus on making the main zombies shut up and stop exposing their strategies and weaknesses. Kabuto is one stupid fucker.
I think he explained that one: He did that for some of them for emotional responses others he said that they would be hardly effective if he was fully controlling them.

survivor

Banned
Trojita said:
I think he explained that one: He did that for some of them for emotional responses others he said that they would be hardly effective if he was fully controlling them.
Yeah but for example if you look at the Nagato and Itachi fight. At first Nagato was just telling Naruto and Bee if he was attacking or the weaknesses to his attacks and then afterwards Kabuto just shut him up. So really why even bother having him talk in the first place?

Cwarrior

AlimNassor said:
Naruto

Is naruto supposed to look like pretty much everyone in this manga? Nice to see Bee finished and came back.

character from the top of my head that look like naruto

minato
obito
4th kage(in the 2nd hokage flash back he did)
kid jiraya
jiraya student yahiko
konohamuro
the sage's son with the first senju body
that kid that was close to tsunda

All of them are straight clones of naurto even down to the personality.

Kenak said:
How many series can you possibly read? I feel I've already gone through all of the good manga.

You should see my manga library. It's full of English/Japanese manga that I still haven't finished. Though some are slower paced than others and harder to read.

I might as well say something about "The Big Three"

Naruto

I'm betting he's heading towards the biggest mass of evil chakra, Madara. The rest, I don't really care about. These zombies Kishi has created and the rules behind them make zero sense so I just enjoy the action and mostly ignore it unless it's part of the plot.

One Piece

It felt like Oda dragged this chapter out a little (I know, sounds impossible but it's true). I think Hody might have had relations with a human or maybe fishman hurt someone he knew/loved that was human.

Bleach

Typical shounen action. It's actually fun to read again but I'll never get my hopes up for the series. Next arc will drag it back to hell.

I might start posting on here more as I've read a ton of series people should definitely check out. I read mostly non-shounen except for those mentioned above and Toriko. I caught up on Reborn as well and it looks like it might actually be entertaining again (there were hints of it's gag-manga origin a few chapters ago!).

Started reading Usagi Drop because of all the buzz and hoopla over the anime. I don't really see the draw. It's cute and all, but I'm just not really pulled in to the story very much, aside from the family pissing me off. Is there something I haven't gotten to yet? Or is this just not for me? I only read up to chapter 9 so far.

Apath

Beam said:
Naruto

Actually the Kabuto thing is explainable. He has Orochimaru´s white snake cells which regenerate both Kabuto´s health and chakra.
But that means that he essentially has unlimited chakra and should just one shot the entire battlefield. Let me explain:

In Pt.1 (lol) Naruto had to have a necessary level of chakra to summon the giant toad. He did this by drawing chakra from the Nine Tails, using that energy instead of his own. This implies that you need X amount of chakra to perform a summoning. The smaller/weaker the summoning, the smaller x is. The bigger/stronger the summoning, the larger x is. If a ninja doesn't have the necessary chakra levels, the summoning won't happen. Like when the sand village attacked in the first part, and a bunch of ninja gathered together for a joint summoning. The individual didn't have the necessary energy to complete the summoning, so multiple ninja came together to meet the requirement.

Kabuto is summoning not just a couple of powerful Ninja, but literally an entire army of Jounin level + ninja. Several of which are some of the most powerful to ever exist. Orochimaru struggled to summon three, and failed at that (though due to outside circumstances). Kabuto magically 'surpasses' Orochimaru by not just outdoing his jutsu, but literally decimating it. He's summoned at least six kage level ninja. Not even going into all of the dead jounin, swordsman from the mist village, former Akatsuki members, and hosts. The amount of chakra necessary to pull this off is off the charts.

When I see a summoning in Naruto, I always figured it meant the character summoning it was just as powerful. If he wasn't, his chakra levels wouldn't be at the necessary point to pull off the summoning. So when this former Kage who is fighting Gaara and Naruto is pulling off all of the ludicrous feats, I'm seeing it as Kabuto being capable of the same level. Now multiply this by the number of former kages he has summoned.

If he has enough chakra to pull off a summoning like that, then he should be able to just unleash all of it and kill everyone at once or something. He would have to be inanely powerful.

mysticwhip said:
Well he does have orochimaru's body parts and chakra. Also, if I remember correctly he summoned them from a scroll not from blood, which requires no chakra.
I wasn't really referring to his gripe about the blood requirement. For all we know these zombies do have blood... or something. I was just agreeing with the statement that it's all Kishi magic.

Kenak said:
But that means that he essentially has unlimited chakra and should just one shot the entire battlefield. Let me explain:

In Pt.1 (lol) Naruto had to have a necessary level of chakra to summon the giant toad. He did this by drawing chakra from the Nine Tails, using that energy instead of his own. This implies that you need X amount of chakra to perform a summoning. The smaller/weaker the summoning, the smaller x is. The bigger/stronger the summoning, the larger x is. If a ninja doesn't have the necessary chakra levels, the summoning won't happen. Like when the sand village attacked in the first part, and a bunch of ninja gathered together for a joint summoning. The individual didn't have the necessary energy to complete the summoning, so multiple ninja came together to meet the requirement.

Kabuto is summoning not just a couple of powerful Ninja, but literally an entire army of Jounin level + ninja. Several of which are some of the most powerful to ever exist. Orochimaru struggled to summon three, and failed at that (though due to outside circumstances). Kabuto magically 'surpasses' Orochimaru by not just outdoing his jutsu, but literally decimating it. He's summoned at least six kage level ninja. Not even going into all of the dead jounin, swordsman from the mist village, former Akatsuki members, and hosts. The amount of chakra necessary to pull this off is off the charts.

When I see a summoning in Naruto, I always figured it meant the character summoning it was just as powerful. If he wasn't, his chakra levels wouldn't be at the necessary point to pull off the summoning. So when this former Kage who is fighting Gaara and Naruto is pulling off all of the ludicrous feats, I'm seeing it as Kabuto being capable of the same level. Now multiply this by the number of former kages he has summoned.

If he has enough chakra to pull off a summoning like that, then he should be able to just unleash all of it and kill everyone at once or something. He would have to be inanely powerful.
This is why Sasuke summoning Manda pisses me off to no fucking end.

Apath

TacticalFox88 said:
This is why Sasuke summoning Manda pisses me off to no fucking end.
No chakra to stand? Summon ultimate giant serpent king and teleport you and him out of existence! Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom