• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he summoned them from a scroll, which doesn't use chakra. Also he's just summoning the souls since he uses a human sacrifce for everyone he summons.

AIKI
If old man Kizuki is an expert accupunctionist why can't he give back Kunitoshi 100% of his power in the same way that Hoe Mei's Grandma was doing?

TacticalFox88 said:
This is why Sasuke summoning Manda pisses me off to no fucking end.
Well he had oro's summoning tattoo and he used Oro's chakra reserves since his were empty, unlike the time when he fought Itachi where he depleted both reserves and oro came out

Apath

mysticwhip said:
he summoned them from a scroll, which doesn't use chakra. Also he's just summoning the souls since he uses a human sacrifce for everyone he summons.
So where does the energy that these zombies are using come from then? Is it tied to their soul? If so, wouldn't it have the same requirement to summon their soul as it does their body? We know they aren't getting their energy from the dead bodies, since he's using fodder corpses.

And Naruto has a scroll for summoning the toad, yet he still needs chakra.

mysticwhip said:
Well he had oro's summoning tattoo and he used Oro's chakra reserves since his were empty, unlike the time when he fought Itachi where he depleted both reserves and oro came out
That's a fair point.

El Sloth

Banned
One Piece

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Vivi will play a major part whenever the manga gets to the next Reverie meeting.

Kenak said:
So where does the energy that these zombies are using come from then? Is it tied to their soul? If so, wouldn't it have the same requirement to summon their soul as it does there body? We know they aren't getting their energy from the dead bodies, since he's using fodder corpses.

And Naruto has a scroll for summoning the toad, yet he still needs chakra.

That's a fair point.
Naruto never used a scroll as apart of his summoning process only as a blood contract. Kabuto uses the scroll for the actual summoning. I guess the energy is coming from the soul but it makes sense to me that summoning a soul has less requirements than summoning a soul + body but idk.

Apath

mysticwhip said:
Naruto never used a scroll as apart of his summoning process only as a blood contract.
Ah yeah, that's right.
mysticwhip said:
Kabuto uses the scroll for the actual summoning. I guess the energy is coming from the soul but it makes sense to me that summoning a soul has less requirements than summoning a soul + body but idk.
I could see him summoning and maintaining a squadron of kages or whatever. But he is literally controlling dozens of super powerful ninja. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

5 akatsuki members
6 former Jinchuurikis
3 previous kages
10 other ninja
6 mist swordsmen
suigetsu's brother
9 tails brothers

around 33 ninja. it is alot.

AIKI
Don't tell me that the sword has uranium in it.

mysticwhip said:
5 akatsuki members
6 former Jinchuurikis
3 previous kages
10 other ninja
6 mist swordsmen
suigetsu's brother
9 tails brothers

around 33 ninja. it is alot.

Did not notice how many there were that is allot and there are some of the most powerfully ninjas in history .
Well some things are better not to worry about them to much .

Sai

Kenak said:
mysticwhip said:
That's a fair point.
That can't be right, as Sasuke would've been put into the same state he was in after exhausting most of his chakra against Itachi. With Orochimaru no longer being repressed by Sasuke's chakra, he would have been free to escape. Orochimaru didn't provide Sasuke with any additional chakra, it was impossible.

Sasuke wasn't out of chakra, he had been injured due to striking himself with his own Chidori to defuse Deidara's C4. That's what weakened him, not chakra exhaustion.

Akainu

Wiseblade said:
Since he has a protective bubble around his body preventing the water from affecting him to any significant degree.
But I remember him being affected just by touching seastone with his hands.

Sai said:
That's a fair point.</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
</div>
That can't be right, as Sasuke would've been put into the same state he was in after exhausting most of his chakra against Itachi. With Orochimaru no longer being repressed by Sasuke's chakra, he would have been free to escape. Orochimaru didn't provide Sasuke with any additional chakra, it was impossible.

Sasuke wasn't out of chakra, he had been injured due to striking himself with his own Chidori to defuse Deidara's C4. That's what weakened him, not chakra exhaustion.
Ah,yes your naruto fu is stronger than mine.

One Piece

I want this arc to end as much as (or even more) I wanted to see the SH leave Skypeia for good. Fun fact: both those arcs have (similar?) giant boats as plot devices.

Reborn 356

Well Akira Amano is still making things incredibly predictable. I enjoyed Tsuna's faces and comments, especially that end of discussion panel. Tsunomichi is kind of hilarious.

I anticipate Tsuna and Enma would team up, if possible. With only six watches, someone in Tsuna's family wont be fighting if Dino is taking up one of those slots. I like how she chose six watches to include everyone in Tsuna's family and Dino. Though I dont think Mukuro has enough to use all six?

Sad to say, I think Mukuro's and Byakuran's team are the weakest of the bunch.

bHQx3l.jpg

Still can't get over how cool this shit looks.
AIKI
vAZmk.png

h5Kx5.png

I like this manga's main character a lot.

Wiseblade

Akainu said:
But I remember him being affected just by touching seastone with his hands.
1) Weakened, yes. But still concious. Even now he's supposed to be fighting at less than peak condition because the seawater is still affecting him somewhat. That's why surrounding Noah is a giant air bubble is such a big deal.

2) Most of those cases are played for laughs. Compare that to how devil fruit users behave when placed in Sea Stone handcuffs.

3) Arlong PArc showed that Luffy's body is capable of stretching even underwater. If Luffy throws a punch from inside the bubble, his arm should even if his body will feel the effects of the seawater.

Akainu

Wiseblade said:
3) Arlong PArc showed that Luffy's body is capable of stretching even underwater. If Luffy throws a punch from inside the bubble, his arm should even if his body will feel the effects of the seawater.
In that case they had to stretch for him cause he couldn't. The moment his hands touch the water he should go limp or something.

Wiseblade said:
1) Weakened, yes. But still concious. Even now he's supposed to be fighting at less than peak condition because the seawater is still affecting him somewhat. That's why surrounding Noah is a giant air bubble is such a big deal.

2) Most of those cases are played for laughs. Compare that to how devil fruit users behave when placed in Sea Stone handcuffs.

Also leading up to fish man island we saw him stretching twice inside a bubble .
Once to save Sanji , the second time when he was going to attack Surume.
When most of his body is not in water he can still move but that body part is not at full power.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
iiiV4.jpg

The nose. The goddamn nose. The fucking goddamn nose.

Only the princess is the good looking member of the Royal Family it seems. It appears like you'll need to have big boobs and bikinis first if you want to have a pretty face in Oda's world, hehehe.

But man I am gonna pissed off if Oda launch a flashback mode right now.

sixclaws

Banned
Kimi No Iru Machi ch 153

With Eba staying in Tokyo I feel like the series should be ending soon, but must likely it will keep on chugging along.

survivor

Banned
El Sloth said:
One Piece

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Vivi will play a major part whenever the manga gets to the next Reverie meeting.
Yep. Cobra looks like has aged very significantly in the past couple years since they last met him. Vivi will most likely represent him in Reverie

Laughing Banana said:
iiiV4.jpg

The nose. The goddamn nose. The fucking goddamn nose.

Only the princess is the good looking member of the Royal Family it seems. It appears like you'll need to have big boobs and bikinis first if you want to have a pretty face in Oda's world, hehehe.

But man I am gonna pissed off if Oda launch a flashback mode right now.

Not all new characters are ugly. Most of the supernova were pretty normal looking aside from Scratchman Apo

El Sloth said:
One Piece

Good call, that would explain why the recent covers have been showing Alabasta.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Zoramon089 said:
Not all new characters are ugly. Most of the supernova were pretty normal looking aside from Scratchman Apo

I'm just joking around man :)

Though I do admit I found the fanservice treatment Oda gave to his girls in One Piece as something that is rather... ridiculous.

Big One

Banned
Man I'm finally back from being in the hospital. I've been holding back reading manga for so long due to being sick, but I'll just comment on the recent chapters:

Naruto

Colorspread is pretty boss. Nothing really interesting is going on right now and I keep on thinking about how much Naruto would be better if the art looked like the colorspread.

Bleach

The fight between Ikakku and Moe kind of gives me hope, but it's still rather obvious than these characters are pure fodder and are going to get owned unless the Shinigami toy with them. Don't care for the Hitsugaya fanservice.

One Piece

I really wish this arc would come to a close but it looks like Hody is putting up a better fight than I expected. If he gets a flashback hopefully it'll be decent since this is one of the first time a villain directly gets a flashback in the series I believe.

Hunter x Hunter

New arc is going to be cool but I'm not a fan of Rat. He seems too normal and prettyboyish to be a real villain. Bring back someone like Chrollo and then we'll talk. Hopefully this arc will bring him back alongside Hisoka, Kurapica, Leorio, and team them up with Biscuit, Knuckle, and Palm. New characters look like something out of One Piece.

upandaway

Big One said:
Hunter x Hunter

New arc is going to be cool but I'm not a fan of Rat. He seems too normal and prettyboyish to be a real villain. Bring back someone like Chrollo and then we'll talk. Hopefully this arc will bring him back alongside Hisoka, Kurapica, Leorio, and team them up with Biscuit, Knuckle, and Palm. New characters look like something out of One Piece.
Whoa man WHAT.

He's creepy as hell. All the happy talk is a clear disguise and the other 11 could easily see through it.

Good to see you're ok btw

Lain

Ura Souke Yondaime Hattori Hanzou Karoku vol 2-3

The story is about a girl, Hana, who happens to be the 4th great master Hattori Hanzo. She and 2 other people fled their village after the 3rd great master, Hana's father, was killed and are now in Edo, trying to disguise themselves while looking for the people that killed Hana's father and destroyed the village.
The first volume had some promises in it. A story of revenge, an interesting character design (even with all its flaws), some cool ninja moves and characters that, despite some cliché, seems likable enough and I have to admit that the next two volumes delivered enough on those promises.
Hana keeps being the clumsy waiter by the day and the strong 4th great master by night, getting caught into fights with loose ninja and ninja's hunters, while some new characters are introduced, characters that appear cool enough despite their weird behavior, like Mitsuyoshi Jubei Yagyu, a samurai with no sense of direction who is tremendously strong and also tasked to find and kill ninja in Edo.
Volume 2 had a quick but cool fight between Hana and Jubei, but the best fight was in volume 3, where Jubei helps Hana against another hunter, showing some pretty cool moves.
I'm going to get volume 4 and 5 soon and I hope they'll be as good as 2 and 3.

Stat Flow said:
Yo this One Piece shit is lame. I'm so tired of this by now.

Well you should stop reading for while and get back to it cause this arc has a few more months to go .
Truth is i like crazy ass villains like hody , since chapter 632 it's been awesome to okay for me .

Naruto

Kenak said:
But that means that he essentially has unlimited chakra and should just one shot the entire battlefield. Let me explain:

In Pt.1 (lol) Naruto had to have a necessary level of chakra to summon the giant toad. He did this by drawing chakra from the Nine Tails, using that energy instead of his own. This implies that you need X amount of chakra to perform a summoning. The smaller/weaker the summoning, the smaller x is. The bigger/stronger the summoning, the larger x is. If a ninja doesn't have the necessary chakra levels, the summoning won't happen. Like when the sand village attacked in the first part, and a bunch of ninja gathered together for a joint summoning. The individual didn't have the necessary energy to complete the summoning, so multiple ninja came together to meet the requirement.

Kabuto is summoning not just a couple of powerful Ninja, but literally an entire army of Jounin level + ninja. Several of which are some of the most powerful to ever exist. Orochimaru struggled to summon three, and failed at that (though due to outside circumstances). Kabuto magically 'surpasses' Orochimaru by not just outdoing his jutsu, but literally decimating it. He's summoned at least six kage level ninja. Not even going into all of the dead jounin, swordsman from the mist village, former Akatsuki members, and hosts. The amount of chakra necessary to pull this off is off the charts.

When I see a summoning in Naruto, I always figured it meant the character summoning it was just as powerful. If he wasn't, his chakra levels wouldn't be at the necessary point to pull off the summoning. So when this former Kage who is fighting Gaara and Naruto is pulling off all of the ludicrous feats, I'm seeing it as Kabuto being capable of the same level. Now multiply this by the number of former kages he has summoned.

If he has enough chakra to pull off a summoning like that, then he should be able to just unleash all of it and kill everyone at once or something. He would have to be inanely powerful.

Summoning has nothing to do with chakra level. If that was true, Kakashi would not have been able to summon 8 dogs against Zabuza. Kakashi has 4 times less chakra than none fox Naruto. What Jiraiya tried to teach is how to use his fox chakra. There was no indication that Naruto needed that much chakra to start summoning. Here´s an explanation about Naruto´s chakra by Jiraiya. And here is Jiraya saying that it´s about time for Naruto to learn about controlling the 9 tail chakra. Another explanation from Jiraiya about Naruto´s chakra.
Jiraya only said that Naruto needed to use his fox chakra to manipulate Naruto into learning how to use his own fox chakra.

Nocebo

Naruto
Can't wait to see what Kabuto's trump card is. Must be something impressive to have had Madara shitting his pants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nocebo said:
Naruto
Can't wait to see what Kabuto's trump card is. Must be something impressive to have had Madara shitting his pants.
I doubt we will see what that is until Kabuto is on death's door.

Nocebo

Naruto
Angry Grimace said:
I doubt we will see what that is until Kabuto is on death's door.
I was under the impression that Muu is summoning Kabuto's trump card to the battlefield on the last page. The chapter is called "Kabuto's trump card..!!" and Muu is summoning *that*. Since there was no actual trump card in this chapter I'm expecting it to show up in the next one. Or else I may have to curl up in a fetal position and sob uncontrollably like a beaten house wife.

Lain

Summer Wars vol 3

Finished this and, as someone that really liked the movie, I liked the manga as well. It was just the same thing as the movie just put into manga form though.
There was something silly toward the end still, when there are "credits" in the last 2 or 3 pages, and one of them is Madhouse for animation. I don't understand what kind of animation Madhouse did for a manga lol.

Big One

Banned
upandaway said:
Whoa man WHAT.

He's creepy as hell. All the happy talk is a clear disguise and the other 11 could easily see through it.
Well it's not that it's just really a trope I'm exhausted on right now. We'll just have to see but both Chrollo and Hisoka are much much more creepier, and also happen to be badass at the same time.

I also hope Togashi plans to return to normal serial for this arc, but it seems like we're already getting scribbles in these chapters.

Toriko

Fucking finally we're starting the Toriko x Coco arc. Though I do wonder if Match will be returning due to the inclusion of the Gourmet Yakuza.

Nocebo

Beam said:
Naruto

I am betting it´s the sage of the 6 paths. Not Nagato, but the original one.
That would be surprising. When Kabuto revealed it to Madara he said something like "Don't worry I haven't told a soul". Why would Madara care if Kabuto tells people about the sage of the 6 paths? Madara has already been telling people about the sage himself. Isn't Madara trying to become the sage? I'd think his reaction to seeing the sage would be a little different in that context. He called Kabuto a madman...
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Probably Obito.
Joke post?

Lain

Saki 87-88.5

The buildup in Nodoka's rounds is getting really addicting. 88 ends on a cliffhanger after a tile is discarded which assures 89 should have one of the first real hits of the round.

Lain said:
[b+Saki 87-88.5[/b]

The buildup in Nodoka's rounds is getting really addicting. 88 ends on a cliffhanger after a tile is discarded which assures 89 should have one of the first real hits of the round.

Damn that sounds great i really want to read the manga but waiting on a seconds season of the anime.
Thought they were making one only to find out it's some side story they doing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom