• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Onani Master Kurosawa 1
1378872-1376752_1249214_what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_super_super_super.png

An incredible manga, and hardly am I saying that ironically. Keep reading.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
THE LUCIFER AND BISCUIT HAMMER - END

Well now, what a strong finale. This manga has been an interesting up and down for me. First chapters were unique, but then it grew formulaic somewhat in the middle, and then the later chapters managed to pull me quite strongly.

If I am to give it a grade based on my own personal enjoyment........ hmmm........ I'll probably say 7.5/10 is quite an apt score.

THE LUCIFER AND BISCUIT HAMMER - END

Well now, what a strong finale. This manga has been an interesting up and down for me. First chapters were unique, but then it grew formulaic somewhat in the middle, but I must and then the later chapters managed to pull me quite strongly.

If I am to give it a grade based on my own personal enjoyment........ hmmm........ I'll probably say 7.5/10 is quite an apt score.

Welcome to the Fold.

Pein

Banned
Apparently this is an interview with Tite Kubo on Shounen Jump Alpha. Anyone got an account? Any interesting tidbits?

he listens to david guetta, he makes characters then he does the story based around the characters, zombie powder taught him don't listen to the editor so much and follow what you think is right, he was inspired by shigeru mizuki.

he listens to david guetta, he makes characters then he does the story based around the characters, zombie powder taught him don't listen to the editor so much and follow what you think is right, he was inspired by shigeru mizuki.

I read it. It was really interesting. There´s a part 2, but it´s not out yet.

There is an Oda interview. It will come out in March.

So many emotions triggered by Onani Master Kurosawa, it's beautiful. In a sense, it's kind of very bold manga. I mean, nobody's going to take such themes seriously at first, and yet it goes against several tropes of the genre, and even breaks the statu quo that is usually expected in this kind of manga.

You guys keep talking about TLR, is it To Love Ru ?

I wonder what should I read next...Maybe Wolf Guy ?
I liked Akumetsu yeahimserious.gif

neoanarch

So many emotions triggered by Onani Master Kurosawa, it's beautiful. In a sense, it's kind of very bold manga. I mean, nobody's going to take such themes seriously at first, and yet it goes against several tropes of the genre, and even breaks the statu quo that is usually expected in this kind of manga.

You guys keep talking about TLR, is it To Love Ru ?

I wonder what should I read next...Maybe Wolf Guy ?
I liked Akumetsu yeahimserious.gif

Yes on Wolf Guy don't listen to what anyone else says.

To Love ru =Trouble and yes it is TLR, TLR Darkness is the sequel

I just realized that the only way Naruto character get some spot light is through Naruto games. I just tried the demo, and Naruto is the only playable character. Damn.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just finished Fap Master. Is it weird that I want to make my future kids read it?

I am not ashamed to admit that I am emotionally really affected by this manga. VERY pleasantly surprised since of course I am not expecting to find such an emotionally touching story from a manga titled Onani Master.

In fact, is there any manga GAF poster who actually dislike this series?

Snakeyes

I am not ashamed to admit that I am emotionally really affected by this manga. VERY pleasantly surprised since of course I am not expecting to find such an emotionally touching story from a manga titled Onani Master.

Agreed, and that's what makes it so touching. You go in expecting a full on Death Note parody,
then everything turns around and becomes a believable and heart-warming coming of age story.

5 Brazzers logos out of 5

Azure J

Kurosawa was seriously some top tier stuff and I remember how surprised I was feeling as such given the initial draw to it was Manga GAF of 09 taking choice panels from the series to use for gag responses.

In other news, after hearing about it for just as long, I've started reading Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer. Only up to chapter 14 right now, but had to chime in on this.
God damn it, why am I affected by ShinoBrome's dealth like this? It's not even a setup that is anything extrodinary by manga standards, but damn that hurt. ;________;

vareon

In other news, after hearing about it for just as long, I've started reading Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer. Only up to chapter 14 right now, but had to chime in on this.
God damn it, why am I affected by ShinoBrome's dealth like this? It's not even a setup that is anything extrodinary by manga standards, but damn that hurt. ;________;

Because everyone else reacts in a completely believable way that we can easily relate. Good stuff.

Apath

IIRC Grimace.
Angry Grimace said:
The jacking off was just the bait to hook you into the drama, man. :lol

It's alright. It's a reasonably entertaining shonen romance with a dirty hook that happens to be the exact right length for romantic-themed manga, which tend to run far too long.

Onani Master? that is so 2009, Kono So Mi Yo is the new hot semi h-manga with a decent story.
http://i.imgur.com/4IkQVl.jpg
Oh snap, things are picking up.

It seems to me that they pretty much just confirmed how the Rinnegan came to be with this chapter (from reading the spoilers):

- With Madara having a creepy Hashirama face embedded in his chest like Danzou did on his arm, it seems that this is what Madara "gained" from fighting Hashirama the first time: His DNA, which is likely what turned the EMS into Rinnegan.

- It's also probably how Nagato got the Rinnegan, being an Uzumaki he probably had Sharingan implanted by Tobi, which changed into Rinnegan.

Big One

Banned
Lolwat @ Quincy/Hollow hybrids. Everyone is a Hollow now. Next it'll be revealed that Orihime and Chad have Hollow DNA in them or some shit.

I stand corrected then

Bleach

So they're Hollow/Quincy hybrids instead of Hollow/Shinigami?
It seems to me that they pretty much just confirmed how the Rinnegan came to be with this chapter (from reading the spoilers):

- With Madara having a creepy Hashirama face embedded in his chest like Danzou did on his arm, it seems that this is what Madara "gained" from fighting Hashirama the first time: His DNA, which is likely what turned the EMS into Rinnegan.

- It's also probably how Nagato got the Rinnegan, being an Uzumaki he probably had Sharingan implanted by Tobi, which changed into Rinnegan.

So the theories i had in my head are actually true? WAT

Kurosawa was amazing, but I really, really wanted him to
tell that asswipe tsundere girl to fuck right on off and get with squirrel girl instead.

Naruto spoilers are looking good so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's pretty minor, but I'll make it into a link.

Hahaha dude, you misunderstood :)

I'm talking about finally we find something that Angry Grimace and Big One can really agree on (disliking Onani Master) but then you have to spoil all the fun by stating that Angry Grimace do not actually dislike it :)

Big One

Banned
Hahaha dude, you misunderstood :)

I'm talking about finally we find something that Angry Grimace and Big One can really agree on (disliking Onani Master) but then you have to spoil all the fun by stating that Angry Grimace do not actually dislike it :)
Huh? I didn't dislike what I read of Onani...I just barely remember it.

Anteater

Shaman King Zero 3

I like this chapter more than the previous one, I thought Horo Horo's past was never really that properly executed in the complete edition due to limited pages, it's good to see his past being more fleshed out. Poor guy actually tried to throw himself off from the top of the dam.

Can't wait to see the inevitable Anna chapter but I have a feeling he will do hers last.

Lolwat @ Quincy/Hollow hybrids. Everyone is a Hollow now. Next it'll be revealed that Orihime and Chad have Hollow DNA in them or some shit.

We already know Chad does since he's a confirmed fullbringer. Given hachi said Orihime had powers similar to his powers after becoming a Vizard, Orihime's pretty much confirmed to have hollow reiatsu as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom