• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

So i guess my "Uchiha eyes + Senju Body = Rinnegan" stuff is true after all? and LOL at the First Hokage being everyone's go to bitch for "power".

Brother vs Brother finally but as said by another poster i don't think The Sauce will stray from his shitty path (i could definitely see it happen though and the fan outrage would be glorious).

Bleach

I can't believe that theory i had is seemingly on the money and its sad it didn't just go with my gut and post it :/

The story seems to be building up nicely but sadly with Bleach once a chapter is getting good it just ends really quickly.

Lets see how this plays out.

Naruto
So...once again Kishimoto contradicts himself on which Hokage is the strongest. His face? Really? In his chest? Still after he died? Motherofgod.jpg. The power levels in this fic have reached ludicrous levels. Kishi needs to put it out of its misery for christ's sake. Only thing I'm looking forward too is Naruto *hopefully* stomping the shit out of Sasuke.

Bleach.

Chad:We'll come too!
Ichigo: I'll be finished already!

:lol :lol Holy shit.

Ivan is such a boss. While i'm not ready for another war arc, I hope it involves the Shinigami King in some way and the Royal Guard.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach.

Ivan is such a boss. While i'm not ready for another war arc, I hope it involves the Shinigami King in some way and the Royal Guard.
Well Kubo said in an interview that the RG would be involved, so I'll hold him to that shit.

And I don't even care who beats the shit out of who in the lovers quarrel (SasuNaru)...I just need one of them to get royally fucked up.

Just looking for more cohesion with established characters. You're right its a bit early to talk about him this arc but what about the last arc? Or after aizen was defeated. Its been a long time bro.
The art was the same but I just meant what other people were saying - this is mostly just Bleach characters on plain backrounds. Would have loved to have seen a cityscape seen when that dude was knocked out the window.
I see what you're getting at. But I think that this is finally the arc where we'll see shit explained whereas the last arc was Kubo fumbling around to delay what we all want (which seems to be this arc itself).

And lol, I wouldn't expect a cityscape...we all know Kubo doesn't draw that kind of shit in these instances breh.

Bleach
Better than last week but I still stand behind what I say about Tite Kubo. This man is out of ideas and creativity. The art just goes to show how much pressure he is under to meet deadlines. Keep in mind he just had a 3 week break and it already looks this bad. Also isn't it about time we learned what happened to Grimjaww. Serious plothole!

WTF am i reading? Grimmjow is confirmed alive by Kubo.

Bleach.

Chad:We'll come too!
Ichigo: I'll be finished already!

:lol :lol Holy shit.

It will bro. You have not seen the latest Kubo interview. Basically this arc will include Isshin´s past, the royal guard and the spirit king, we will see Unohana and Shunsui´s bankai, we might see all of them. This arc will include all of that.

Desmond

Naruto Oonaki's a chump.

BleachThis week it was too fast paced
KuGsj.gif

Very, very good, I (as many others did) predicted Quincy/Arrancars as a joke. I expected him to be a messager for Grimmjow/ some other Arrancar. I found it weird that those masked dudes just waltzed into the Soul Society like that. What's deal with the missing people? Is somebody making them into these Quarrancars?

Gazzawa

And lol, I wouldn't expect a cityscape...we all know Kubo doesn't draw that kind of shit in these instances breh.

Lol. I just remembered he didn't do that when the Gotei 13 were fighting the Espada above the city. I've got to stop reading Gantz it is making all these other mangas I like seem boring.

Tritroid

For the people saying 'lol @ potential rage over Itachi possibly causing Sasuke to switch paths', that's not going to happen.

That will happen via Naruto, nobody else.

Desmond

For the people saying 'lol @ potential rage over Itachi possibly causing Sasuke to switch paths', that's not going to happen.

That will happen via Naruto, nobody else.

Sasuke will probably switch his attention to taking hostages to resurrect his clan. Oh god, that may happen

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto

I don't even know what happened in this chapter, for the most part. Kishimoto's battle art is completely incoherent to me. Just looks like lines. Lines everywhere!

The few things that were comprehensible were profoundly stupid.

Also, what are the odds Uryu will pull a Sasuke and join those schmucks?

What if the Quincy's were in the Seireitei all along?

There was a pic showing some quincy's and it looked like Uryu was with them, are they the same that declared war? maybe, are they Hybrids? maybe.

Hunter X Hunter

Damn @ the drawings

Damn @ Kaito now a girl

LOL @ Ging Escaping

survivor

Banned
HxH

Hey Togashi, you know how a manga is different from novels? The fucking drawings. So next time try to draw something that doesn't look like it was done by an elementary school kid. Jesus christ.

Yami

Naruto

I don't even know what happened in this chapter, for the most part. Kishimoto's battle art is completely incoherent to me. Just looks like lines. Lines everywhere!

The few things that were comprehensible were profoundly stupid.

I found the translation I read to be even more incoherent.

I'm needing some clean Mangastream-esque quality releases. Easier on the eyes.

smurfx

get some go again
Do you watch the anime as well? If you do, how does it compare?
its been a while since i've seen the anime but its pretty close to the manga and i really liked the anime.

hxh

did i read right or is there a time skip coming? the blurb at the end about years passing and what was exchanged.

Shouta

HxH

I liked the chapter aside from the drawings but fugly. Ging running off was to be expected, that guy really is a loser sometimes.

On another note, I found out the Violinist of Hameln 2 manga got cut short at 8 volumes and the author just kind spit it out because he seemed rather unhappy that he wasn't going to have the chance to do it properly. Stupid GanGan/Square Enix! (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

KHR

Hibari is seriously such a shitty one dimensional joke character. A parody. If he beats Xanxus, well the power inconsistency is this manga is quite disturbing.

H X H

Is this suppose to be art? WTF! This is so lazy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Togashi is using the SHAFT method of production, whereby he puts the minimal amount of effort into the weekly releases, and then fixes everything up for massive sales in the collections.

Trevelyon

My guess is he lets all his assistants go before doing so. Well, at least he learnt how to do toning via photoshop.

He's never used assistants outside of his ex-wife, he's probably gone through all his "310" hiatus chapters that he has had time to draw well and now he's probably firmly up against weekly deadlines again.

He needs to break again and do it better, this is fucking garbage.

Desmond

He's never used assistants outside of his ex-wife, he's probably gone through all his "310" hiatus chapters that he has had time to draw well and now he's probably firmly up against weekly deadlines again.

He needs to break again and do it better, this is fucking garbage.
Did he break up with the Sailor Moon writer?

Erigu

[Hunter x Hunter]
I'm confused. What happened to Kaito again?
It seems one of his abilities allowed him to be reborn as a chimera ant instead of that girl the koala-looking ant killed. So he looks like the girl (and a mouse/rat), but is really Kaito.

Shouta

Yeah, it actually pays to pick up the Tank versions of HxH because he ends up redrawing them and making them look nice. Drawing on a weekly basis is pretty rough work for anyone so they just let him do it scribbly for the magazine releases and fix them up later.

Hunter X Hunter

I'm confused. What happened to Kaito again?

Got killed by Pitou, his soul/nen was devoured and put into the body of a girl. His nen ability likely kicked in and allowed him to regain full control and all of his memories.

upandaway

HxH

Daaamn that art. The translation was terrible too, barely English.

I'd rather Togashi have taken 1-2 weeks off to give out something decent. He's gonna take a huge hiatus soon anyway, so might as well. But oh well.

Pretty obvious that was Kaito's ability (that kept him sane). I love the contrast between Ging's and Kaito's attitudes to Gon.

HxH
Where his drawings always this lackluster before taking a hiatus?
It was better than the worst, but still pretty bad.

All in all there are only about 10-15 chapters that look worse than this one, and they were all fixed really well. The problem is those in the middle of the ant arc which weren't as bad, but also weren't fixed to the same extent. See Killua's variety fights right after he broke up with Gon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom