• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter 367:

Ignoring the scribbles I liked this chapter despite nothing major really happening until the end. Not surprised by Ging's "troll" at the end though but at least this answers the questions people were having about "where will this manga go now?".

survivor

Banned
[Hunter x Hunter]

bOom9.jpg

Holy mother of art goddess.

You know, I really don't mind having Togashi move to Jump Square if it means consistent release schedule and good art. Plus it's monthly, so theoretically it should be less work for him

To Love Ru Darkness 01

BWAHAHAHAHA.

For the record I liked TLR but got bored halfway through. In which magazine is TLRD published ? I don't think Shonen Jump would allow that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hunter X Hunter: D+

Nothing happened. Shit scribbles. Repeated troll at the end. Lame. Very lame.
Bleach

Ichigo asking Chad and Ishida if they want to come, means that has acknowledge them. He feels no longer to shield them. Ichigo has really grown.
This is interesting to say the least. I wonder if they're gonna show up while Ivan is dicking around.

Cwarrior

Naruto

-the kages are falling around like power rangers pathetic
-old kage got a flash back his as good as dead(bets are his dead in the next 4 chapters)
-kishi needs to make up his mind on which hokage is top godkage and stop retconing there power levels

In other words you think it implies that the fact is he did not say it .
Another fact is Ichigo has always allow them to go with him to worst places so 1 enemy should not be a problem.
Even if he said that .

Ichigo here was trying to tell them that he will take care of this. In this chapter he gets annoyed because they did not interfere. Huge difference. Ichigo is treating them as equals now.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You really try too hard.
It's funny, because when someone says something blasphemous about One Piece, everyone tries to go find a scan as evidence of how that person is so wrong, and that's perfectly fine.

But when Beam proves what he's saying, it's "trying too hard."

Beam, I've gotta bone to pick with you btw. Hibari is a fucking BOSS.

Ichigo here was trying to tell them that he will take care of this. In this chapter he gets annoyed because they did not interfere. Huge difference. Read between the lines next time.

No all i see you doing is typing what you think something means and not reading.
Ichigo was not annoyed that they did not interfere more like it made no sense they came afterwards since he was going to beat him really fast .
Another thing is that eg you made has nothing to do with now since Ichigo thought he was Arrancar\did not care what he was and he knows both Chad and Ishida have gotten stronger since then .

upandaway

If thats hxh manga pages, I guess Ill stick with the new anime, our Killue reduced to mere scribbles, gah!
You would have stayed with the new anime even if it were amazing art

Buyuden

Aw man fuck this. If this is a fake-out, this is going too far. Hurry up and be a fake-out already, geez.

Nononono

Hahaha, that silly NTR. So silly.

Next chapter should be badass.

Cage of Eden

Well dang, 5 days? That's crazy talk.

Seems like a good idea to just go for it. It shouldn't be hard to observe the beach for a week to research the right moment to set off.

It's funny, because when someone says something blasphemous about One Piece, everyone tries to go find a scan as evidence of how that person is so wrong, and that's perfectly fine.

Maybe Its just me but are you guys completely incapable of defending Bleach without mentioning One Piece?

HXH - Jesus Christ at those scribbles, brings me back to the old days..

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Maybe Its just me but are you guys completely incapable of defending Bleach without mentioning One Piece?
I'm not defending Bleach there. I am simply speaking on how it's funny that someone finding evidence for the things they say is "trying too hard."

And One Piece is what's defended the most. I did not bring up One Piece in the same place where I'm talking about the content of Bleach. My post could have One Piece taken out of it and still have the same merit. I brought it up for comparison's sake.

Big One

Banned

The problem is less about the truth of it and Beam insisting that character changes equate to character development.

Averon

Naruto

Jeez. The first Hokage has become a freakish genetic experiment. Tsuchikage has so many deathflags its ridiculous. Also, when will Tsunade actually do something?
The Sauce seeing his dead brother out and about is some grade A trolling. The guy must be a mental wreck.

Bleach

Nice pacing. Multiple things are actually happening.

Beam just made a huge leap of logic to try and show just how amazing character development in bleach is. He even just straight up made something up to make his point. That's pretty obviously trying too hard.

One Piece has nothing to do with it, if someone straight up made up something to defend One Piece or try to inflate how good it was they would equally be trying too hard.

You really try too hard.
People with glass houses. You tried hard to explain yet your explanation was inadequat.

Apparently, it only works one way.
I don´t like one dimensional characters bro. I consider Hibari to be a parody, a one shtick guy without any development or growth.
No all i see you doing is typing what you think something means and not reading.
Ichigo was not annoyed that they did not interfere more like it made no sense they came afterwards since he was going to beat him really fast .
Another thing is that eg you made has nothing to do with now since Ichigo thought he was Arrancar and he knows both Chad and Ishida have gotten stronger and they fought them before.

He treats them like equals now. That´s a huge difference. I just showed you 2 pages where Ichigo wanted to fight the arrancars by himself because he did not believe in the strength of his friends. So Ichigo has acknowledged the strength of Ishida and Chad. He did not do that before. He stood by them side by side last chapter. Apparently you want to deny the growth of Ichigo, even though it was highlighted by Shunsui and Ukitake in the end of the last arc.

I'm not defending Bleach there. I am simply speaking on how it's funny that someone finding evidence for the things they say is "trying too hard."

And One Piece is what's defended the most. I did not bring up One Piece in the same place where I'm talking about the content of Bleach. My post could have One Piece taken out of it and still have the same merit. I brought it up for comparison's sake.

ok cool man but I keep noticing this whenever Bleach is criticized a really shitty way to argue imo.

Speaking of Which why is there no One Piece this week? :(

People with glass houses. You tried hard to explain yet your explanation was inadequat.

Explanations of One Piece are always inadequate for you it seems.

I never made anything up at the very least, I just pointed out how inaccurate it was for you to say there was no explanation and I provided the information from the manga itself.

Mine doesn't require any sort of imagination or logical leap like your supposed character development.

rule #1 about Bleach.

Never think too much about anything because Kubo obviously doesn't.

Still waiting for hollow ichigo bromance reunion...

And that naruto game cutscene is hot hot HOT.

I still enjoyed naruto better when it was more of a thinking fighter manga though. All the current 2 page spread attacks nonsense is growing stale.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Beam just made a huge leap of logic to try and show just how amazing character development in bleach is. He even just straight up made something up to make his point. That's pretty obviously trying too hard.

One Piece has nothing to do with it, if someone straight up made up something to defend One Piece or try to inflate how good it was they would equally be trying too hard.
I'm not gonna put words in anyone else's mouths. But I don't think Beam was saying "OMG AMAZING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT"...he can let you know whether or not he was saying that. What I interpreted the post as was that this is another way in which Ichigo has grown (in other words, developing more trust in his friends). I mean, isn't it implied that Ichigo is NOT worried about them saying they would come help him.

One Piece doesn't have anything to do with it. But as I said, it happens all the time with that. Of course, I don't have the time to go backtracking through threads to find individual posts, but you and I both know this happens most with OP, therefore it is a perfectly reasonable example of selective criticism.

He treats them like equals now. That´s a huge difference. I just showed you 2 pages where Ichigo wanted to fight the arrancars by himself because he did not believe in the strength of his friends. So Ichigo has acknowledged the strength of Ishida and Chad. He did not do that before. He stood by them side by side last chapter. Apparently you want to deny the growth of Ichigo, even though it was highlighted by Shunsui and Ukitake in the end of the last arc.

I don't want to deny the growth of Ichigo since i think he has grown since the fullbringer arc .
He knows what he wants to do and he knows he has people he can depend on .

What i did not like is you saying something he did not say thought you had another translation .
Even if you think it's implied does not make it so or mean other people will think about it the same way .

Big One

Banned
One Piece doesn't have anything to do with it. But as I said, it happens all the time with that. Of course, I don't have the time to go backtracking through threads to find individual posts, but you and I both know this happens most with OP, therefore it is a perfectly reasonable example of selective criticism.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone make up shit about One Piece aside from theories. I mean, what is there to make up? When a character develops, it's very clear and concise how they develop. When something happens, it happens. There is no ambiguity in One Piece. It's just straightforward storytelling, while in something like Bleach you have characters changing for no reason and you have to assume they developed.

I'm not gonna put words in anyone else's mouths. But I don't think Beam was saying "OMG AMAZING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT"...he can let you know whether or not he was saying that. What I interpreted the post as was that this is another way in which Ichigo has grown (in other words, developing more trust in his friends). I mean, isn't it implied that Ichigo is NOT worried about them saying they would come help him.

No.

What it says is exactly what it says.

Ichigo thinks he will have defeated the guy by the time they get there. That doesn't show confidence in his friends at all, it shows arrogance. Something Ichigo has always had abundance of.

Explanations of One Piece are always inadequate for you it seems.
Gear 2 was from viewing the cp9 people, gear 3 was giants I believe but I'm not sure
Lol. Your explanation is inadequate.
That´s a post some guy made on another forum
How is asking how he gets air into his body via biting his finger which are made of rubber (Which he shouldn't even be able to do, seeing that Wapol couldn't even chew him and his DF is made for that), and blowing air into his bones that are made of rubber and inflating his body. I haven't begun to use any real world science or anything like that yet, I'm just using common knowledge regarding rubber, that Oda himself uses in the story which in turn is based on real world knowledge of rubber.

There isn't any Oda-logic when it comes to rubber, so I have to use common knowledge about rubber to make sense of G3, which seems to be impossible.

I mean, Oda gave Luffy the power of rubber, so that implies that he is able to stretch and whatnot, hence the reason why no one questions why is Luffy able to stretch in the first place. That's why Oda doesn't have to explain every single thing about the properties of rubber, because we all know about rubber.

Then Oda goes along and does G3 and doesn't really provide any explanation for it. So therefore one has to wonder how the hell can Luffy do that, given what we know about his powers and rubber in general?

It's cool for Oda to piggy back off of the common knowledge of rubber for Luffy's powers, but it isn't okay to question how he uses it, especially when he doesn't provide an explanation as to how Luffy can do G3. That and the fact that when you question someone's theory as to how G3 works, you are accused of nitpicking :/, but for some reason it's okay to use logic to justify G3.
I never made anything up at the very least, I just pointed out how inaccurate it was for you to say there was no explanation and I provided the information from the manga itself.
You did when you mentioned that Luffy came up with gear third because of giants.
Mine doesn't require any sort of imagination or logical leap like your supposed character development.
There´s no logical leap or anything. Especially when Shunsui and Ukitake say that Ichigo has grown and developed. I guess you refuse to see the obvious.

Anyway i am tired of repeating myself. You refuse to believe what the manga explicitly said, or you lack analysis skills to put 2 + 2 together, then that´s your problem.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
No.

What it says is exactly what it says.

Ichigo thinks he will have defeated the guy by the time they get there. That doesn't show confidence in his friends at all, it shows arrogance. Something Ichigo has always had abundance of.
It is not simply about what is being said here. The tone of what is being said and the art here is important.

See, the panels in that moment were of a joking fashion. This was a comical moment despite the fact that a potential new enemy was right in their faces. Ichigo was being arrogant, of course, but also was just continuing the comical nature of the conversation. There was no worry about his friends being in danger.

Of course, beam said that Ichigo said something that wasn't said in the chapter. But that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is why the contrast between the two situations Beam posted to defend what he initially "interpreted" is not trying too hard.

But maybe if I'm looking into it that much...I'm trying too hard. As far as I'm concerned, it really ain't that deep. All I can obviously see was that there was no big worry about this Ivan guy, at least from the crew initially.

Slayven

Narutu D

Mediocre chapter. Nothing happened, as usual. Flashback makes me care less for the old man. This feels like a chapter mysticwhip would've liked, but everyone else thinks it's shit.

Bleach B

Pretty solid paced chapter, it's good to see some of the humor still exists in the series. However these guys...

osvr3.png

Look fucking lame and uncreative. What the fuck, Kubo? Nothing worse than blank characters against blank backgrounds, especially since Kubo can get extremely detailed with his characters contrast to the backgrounds.

We got a fat lame dude, and I am guessing the short one is the chick.

Big One

Banned
There is a severe difference between the development of superpowers and the development of character personalities. Not even remotely comparable, even though they serve the same base purpose of progressing the storyline. If we're going to argue about Gear Third, let's ask, "How did Ichigo awaken his Fullbringer powers in the dollhouse?" which is an equally valid question. The answer for both is: Both Luffy and Ichigo have trained/gained experience and the plot demands that they get more powerful with time.

Is that the Strong World one or is there another chapter 0?

Here some stuff it suppose to have it .

Copy from AP

Character Index
321 characters are introduced, including all birthdays.

- New World Index
Devil Fruits, Haki, Ships, Science: everything you need to know about the New World.

- Eiichiro Oda's Grand Answer
Q & A interview and a "legendary radio interview" put into text for the first time.

- Pirate History Romance Dawn
First ever widespread printing of Chapter 0 of One Piece, which depicts 22 years before the series started.

- Kid's unnamed followers, the Marine officers Hancock bewitched, even Wapol's stray dog will be revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom