• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maron

Good Ending

Love how Utsumi's telling his girlfriend about how she was just the second choice for his photos. What a great manga.

upandaway

Sket Dance

Oh my god Tsubaki's reaction at the end. What the hell was that :lol c'mon man!

Also that's probably the first time we saw Bossun punch someone for real. Oddly fitting though.

survivor

Banned
Ubel Blatt 101

Arrogant young prince will die cause he has too much pride to accept help from his brother. These airship battles aren't that interesting. Where the are the loli fights?

Wiseblade

I just found out that Oda takes breaks every 5-6 chapters (going by last year's record). I suppose its fair though, as the chapters have way more content than the other 2 biggies.

Have you seen his usual schedule? A man's got to see his wife and child sometime.

gunbo13

Oh look another big 3 war again? this is almost like console wars on the gaming side
Yea but it is getting more stupid then usual. Everybody is obviously baiting each other. DTL is building an army without mangaf knowing. /fear

And Bleach...

...eh not doing proper write-up. Orange and his crew are mad at SS for their little genocide. Such babies. People disappearing and dudes who feel like they don't need to use their arms. Maybe they felt bad about Yamamoto and were like "look, no arms we step-bros." Either that or they are all dual holding tommy guns. *BAM*BAM*BAM* And Ichigo broke up the last supper to fly out the window? That shit aint meta. These simple shounen need more deaths and tits. IDK

Bleach

I like the conversation was essentially:

Hey man I know an arrancar & stuff...

....*tilts head back* excuse me? Fool you better recognize

Me & my homies here just decided to stop by your house today & declare war!

Reborn 373/374
Darn I almost though Mammon had reigned supreme, but of course someone had to save the day. Fortunately, Amano chose one of the top tier characters in the series to arrive, Dino and he said the best lines.

Was hoping Hibari could be defeated. Cant have Mammon defeated yet. And Xanxus has a nice cambia forma skill, dual tiger guns, nice.

Articalys

It's the middle of the week, so time once again for the weekly manga sales, February 13-19:
*1, 176,950 2,729,671 One Piece vol.65
*2, 171,823 *,171,823 Fairy Tail vol.31
*3, 117,810 *,117,810 Ahiru no Sora vol.34
*4, *84,656 *,*84,834 Tonari no Atashi vol.9
*5, *82,891 *,*83,047 360° Material vol.6
*6, *80,986 *,*80,986 Mahou Sensei Negima! vol.37
*7, *68,706 *,*68,706 Kingdom vol.25
*8, *66,329 *,*66,329 Mori Kaoru Shuishu
*9, *65,065 *,946,792 Naruto vol.59
10, *62,008 *,*62,008 Fairy Tail vol.31 with OVA

11, *54,713 *,*54,713 Dear Boys Act III vol.9
12, *54,146 *,*54,146 Capeta vol.27
13, *52,962 1,013,962 Kimi ni Todoke vol.15
14, *49,061 *,*49,061 Sakura-Hime Kaden vol.10
15, *48,435 *,*48,887 Tokyo Alice vol.8
16, *46,544 *,*46,544 Mahou Sensei Negima! vol.37 with film DVD
17, *39,277 *,369,023 Gintama vol.43
18, *38,520 *,*38,520 Baby Steps vol.20
19, *36,674 *,*36,674 Taiyou no Ie vol.5
20, *36,218 *,*36,588 Seito Shokun! Final Chapter vol.3

21, *35,495 *,353,555 Toriko vol.18
22, *34,647 *,*73,877 Nobunaga Kyousoukyoku vol.6
23, *34,117 *,*34,117 Bloody Monday Last Season vol.3
24, *33,456 *,*33,456 Dragon Collection vol.2 Limited Edition
25, *33,105 *,*33,105 Bartender vol.21
26, *29,863 *,*29,863 Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei vol.28
27, *29,306 *,*29,306 Godhand Teru vol.61
28, *28,858 *,255,062 Nurarihyon no Mago vol.20
29, *26,717 *,*26,717 Kyoukai no RINNE vol.11
30, *26,582 *,*26,582 Countach vol.26

survivor

Banned
Fairy Tail can't beat One Piece on its third week? Pathetic. Time for Mashima to start copying OP more, maybe then his sales will increase.

What's this FT OVA? Should I expect boobs in it?

Articalys

Fairy Tail can't beat One Piece on its third week? Pathetic. Time for Mashima to start copying OP more, maybe then his sales will increase.

Dunno. Here's the description from MyAnimeList:

3. Memory Days
An all-new original story storyboarded by Hiro Mashima, the author of Fairy Tail, released on February 17, 2012. "Natsu's Secret" is going to be revealed in the "Past World"?! Guided by a "magic book" that's lying in the Guild's storage room, Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Gray, and Erza have traveled back into the past!!

FT sales get split if not it would have been No.1 for the week.

FT OVA is anime that comes with the manga this would be the 3rd one .
1st was a side story with the female dorm with Lucy looking for something for a ghost that used run the place.
2nd one they were in high school name FT , had no powers and were fooling around it was rather funny if you like FT.
Don't know what the 3rd one about .

Dresden

8, iirc

of course it differs per page count but that's the average.

See: naruto

Volume 1 - Chapter 1-7
Volume 2 - Chapter 8-17
Volume 3 - Chapter 18-27
Volume 4 - Chapter 28-36

so on and so forth

edit: oh, I missed where you said monthly. BRB cutting myself out of shame.

survivor

Banned
FT sales get split if not it would have been No.1 for the week.

lol split, you sound like a DTL alt

How many chapters are in a volume for a monthly-manga?
4-6

Dunno. Here's the description from MyAnimeList:

3. Memory Days
An all-new original story storyboarded by Hiro Mashima, the author of Fairy Tail, released on February 17, 2012. "Natsu's Secret" is going to be revealed in the "Past World"?! Guided by a "magic book" that's lying in the Guild's storage room, Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Gray, and Erza have traveled back into the past!!
ctrl+f beach

fuck this garbage

tumblr_lzmv9vIQpX1ql5to5o1_500.gif

El Sloth

Banned
Holyand: 151-160

I wasn't expecting King to be a fighter. And I sure as hell wasn't expecting chinese kenpo/kung-fu of all things. Shame that one of the MMA dudes turned out to be a jobber. It's also too bad we didn't get to see more of Kamishiro Batman. Ah well. Here's hoping Yagi finally shuts the fuck up next volume.

Nothing? Seriously? I was pretty proud of that one.
3/5

Hmmm any opinions on Kimi no Iru Machi? I recall reading and watching his previous work (i think it was the high jump one?). I'm all good for a slice in life school romance as long as it's not too frustrating.

Dresden

Hmmm any opinions on Kimi no Iru Machi? I recall reading and watching his previous work (i think it was the high jump one?). I'm all good for a slice in life school romance as long as it's not too frustrating.

It's one of the great SoL modern romances, imo. You can't go wrong with it. Doesn't have frustrating characters or endless, pointless drama.

survivor

Banned

People will say it's a Town Where you Rage and you will be mad and go insane and all that nonsense, but honestly the manga is just boring. After 60 chapters, I was just too bored that I dropped it.

Things happen in the manga that are supposed to be interesting or rage worthy but they just end up plain boring with zero creativity.

gunbo13

It's one of the great SoL modern romances, imo. You can't go wrong with it. Doesn't have frustrating characters or endless, pointless drama.
There's something off with this post. But I just can't put my finger on it...
Things happen in the manga that are supposed to be interesting or rage worthy but they just end up plain boring with zero creativity.
Just read some Pastel. It has talking cats. Talking cats dude.

Holyand: 151-160

I wasn't expecting King to be a fighter. And I sure as hell wasn't expecting chinese kenpo/kung-fu of all things. Shame that one of the MMA dudes turned out to be a jobber. It's also too bad we didn't get to see more of Kamishiro Batman. Ah well. Here's hoping Yagi finally shuts the fuck up next volume.

C

fixed

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Good Ending

Love how Utsumi's telling his girlfriend about how she was just the second choice for his photos. What a great manga.

Nah, he's just a honest fool. A fool, but an honest fool. The ending made me smile.

Really, when compared to Kimi no Iru Machi, Good Ending is like Shakespeare.

One Piece is on break this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom