• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

I don't see anything wrong with Mr. Viking's line of thinking. Like, come on guys, this shit is obvious.

BUT NO IT ISN'T WAN PISSU TRYING TOO HARD WAAAAAH

Is that the Strong World one or is there another chapter 0?

Here some stuff it suppose to have it .

Copy from AP

Character Index
321 characters are introduced, including all birthdays.

- New World Index
Devil Fruits, Haki, Ships, Science: everything you need to know about the New World.

- Eiichiro Oda's Grand Answer
Q & A interview and a "legendary radio interview" put into text for the first time.

- Pirate History Romance Dawn
First ever widespread printing of Chapter 0 of One Piece, which depicts 22 years before the series started.

- Kid's unnamed followers, the Marine officers Hancock bewitched, even Wapol's stray dog will be revealed

EDIT double post o well it on a next page.

Oh ok, because people in the manga have said the character has grown obviously that's proof.

wut

Do you really think that is adequate proof of character development? Jesus...

Also: I said myself I wasn't sure about gear 3rd so how can you complain about me making stuff up when even I wasn't sure? I'm not a robot.

That G3 critique is pretty good but here I go into possible explanation mode (since it's not been detailed in the manga or by Oda). Wapol never finished eating Luffy as luffy didn't give him much of a chance to really dig into him, also tearing a small hole sounds much easier to do than chewing something hole so it could be seen as a possible explanation. I think given enough time Wapol could have eaten Luffy.

Regarding the air issue, Luffy breathes in through his nose and then out through his mouth into his thumb, since his first balloon it's been clear he was able to take in a lot of air very quickly so this is a progression of that. He simply takes in a lot of air and blows it straight into his thumb filling his arm with air.

Big One

Banned
I don't see anything wrong with Mr. Viking's line of thinking. Like, come on guys, this shit is obvious.
Like I said the problem isn't necessarily that he's stating that Ichigo has changed as a character, but rather he's implying there's development going on when there clearly isn't. That type of progression is called un-seen character development, a type of progression where you mainly have to fill in the blanks and/or assume something happened that caused Ichigo to change his attitude towards his friends more. Also comparing this to the progression of Luffy's powers is faulty.

survivor

Banned
Strong world one more likely
Oh well. I guess they wanted more people to read it instead of only the ones that went to the movie

Here some stuff it suppose to have it .

Copy from AP

Character Index
321 characters are introduced, including all birthdays.

- New World Index
Devil Fruits, Haki, Ships, Science: everything you need to know about the New World.
Oda got his priorities right.

Haven't caught up yet :( Still ~600 left, had to finish Adolf, Hellstar Remina and read some Basilisk, Giant Killing, Monster etc.
Come on son, step your game up.

Ichigo is so arrogant that he won´t stand beside his friends. Oh wait

Yup, you proved me wrong, Ichigo is never arrogant.

That's also the exact page you were talking about earlier right? I mean you wouldn't be jumping about to different manga pages to try and justify a point no one was arguing against would you?

I have nothing wrong with people thinking Ichigo has developed a bit as a character, he has, a bit. Your reasoning is what is incredibly flawed.

Dascu

Why aren't you people talking about the new SOIL chapters? I get the feeling we're entering the endgame now. Though, apparently we're only on volume 7 of 11.

Dresden

implications and shit

only goda does it rite

Dascu said:
Why aren't you people talking about the new SOIL chapters? I get the feeling we're entering the endgame now. Though, apparently we're only on volume 7 of 11.
Way behind on Soil but at this point I'm just waiting for it to finish.

survivor

Banned
So WSJ got two new manga series lately, Pajama na Kanojo and Haikyuu.

I'm guessing one of them replaced Harisugawa but shouldn't they have to cancel another manga soon? ST&RS is finally dead?

Oda never implies character development, ever.
What a garbage writer.

Dascu

Why aren't there any scanlators for Jabberwocky? And what's taking so long for my next Billy Bat and Drifters chapters?

Goddammit I hate this shonen jump crap.

Big One

Banned
What a garbage writer.
So implied character development is a good thing now? Lololo. The only good use out of that is if we know we're going to get something out of it. With Bleach, Ichigo's changes are it. There's nothing else to be said or expanded upon and Kubo makes it very clear on an arc-by-arc basis.

upandaway

So WSJ got two new manga series lately, Pajama na Kanojo and Haikyuu.

I'm guessing one of them replaced Harisugawa but shouldn't they have to cancel another manga soon? ST&RS is finally dead?.
Dunno what's going on but ST&RS isn't dead yet (if it lasts 2-3 more chapters it will have too many chapters for the last volume, which clears it for a good couple more weeks), could be HxH causing this.

It's totally the next one to go though

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Could definitely do without the flashback panels (damn you Kishi) but aside from that I thought it was great. I'm confused though, what did Kabuto do to Madara? If Madara already had the Rinnegan before his revival, was it just the addition of Hashirama?

And I thought the Third was the strongest shinobi in his prime? The fuq kishi!?

Bleach
Always up for some war! Really looking forward to it. Hoping we see more Urahara & Aizen action on the battlefield.

Though I thought the Quincy were all wiped out? Or was it implied that there were some left over before Aizen's capture?

One Piece
no spoilers ;-;

I just found out that Oda takes breaks every 5-6 chapters (going by last year's record). I suppose its fair though, as the chapters have way more content than the other 2 biggies.

survivor

Banned
Dunno what's going on but ST&RS isn't dead yet (if it lasts 2-3 more chapters it will have too many chapters for the last volume, which clears it for a good couple more weeks), could be HxH causing this.

Just read around more and people are saying it's here this week cause One Piece is absent and possibly next week cause Gintama will be absent as well. So next chapter could be the last.

Big One

Banned
I just found out that Oda takes breaks every 5-6 chapters (going by last year's record). I suppose its fair though, as the chapters have way more content than the other 2 biggies.
Good sir you're clearly biased and worship Oda all, "HAIL GODA KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS." instead of seeing the true superiority of Kubo Tite and Kishimoto who write REAL stories rather than cartoons. Bask in the presence of Ichigo and Sasuke's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and STORY, for One Piece is nothing in comparison. What you don't realize is that all these manga are COMPLETE SHIT and To Love Ru is actually the best manga ever made next to Yu-Gi-Oh and Boku no Pico.

I don't read ST&RS but does few extra chapters really mater for a last Vols ?

Bleach
Always up for some war! Really looking forward to it. Hoping we see more Urahara & Aizen action on the battlefield.

Though I thought the Quincy were all wiped out? Or was it implied that there were some left over before Aizen's capture?

I hope we get an explanation of some hiding out away from the front lines and training to become better than the Shinigami for a retaliation or something. Though I don't see how anyone powerful enough to be a significant threat could have somehow been missed by the Shinigami in the initial war.

The history is definitely that they were all wiped out though, so there has to be a damn good explanation for how these Quincy's managed to get so strong and are coming out of the woodwork now to fight the Shinigami.

Dang, didn't know there wasn't a One Piece chapter this week. That sucks. Guess I'll catch up on the three free manga volumes I got from Viz for transferring my Shonen Jump subscription to the online thingy.

Pein

Banned
Naruto
Could definitely do without the flashback panels (damn you Kishi) but aside from that I thought it was great. I'm confused though, what did Kabuto do to Madara? If Madara already had the Rinnegan before his revival, was it just the addition of Hashirama?

And I thought the Third was the strongest shinobi in his prime? The fuq kishi!?

I assume the 3rd hit his prime after hashirama died.

upandaway

I don't read ST&RS but does few extra chapters really mater for a last Vols ?
If they're missing a couple they can always fill it with oneshots from the author but if there are more than a volume's worth, they need to go the long way around. No volume with extra chapters for canceled series.

Mr. Fix

I hope we get an explanation of some hiding out away from the front lines and training to become better than the Shinigami for a retaliation or something. Though I don't see how anyone powerful enough to be a significant threat could have somehow been missed by the Shinigami in the initial war.

The history is definitely that they were all wiped out though, so there has to be a damn good explanation for how these Quincy's managed to get so strong and are coming out of the woodwork now to fight the Shinigami.

All I can think of is a retcon, possibly to get the war going. Waiting for Viking to scout for a scan that says otherwise though!

Mr. Fix

Good sir you're clearly biased and worship Oda all, "HAIL GODA KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS." instead of seeing the true superiority of Kubo Tite and Kishimoto who write REAL stories rather than cartoons. Bask in the presence of Ichigo and Sasuke's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and STORY, for One Piece is nothing in comparison. What you don't realize is that all these manga are COMPLETE SHIT and To Love Ru is actually the best manga ever made next to Yu-Gi-Oh and Boku no Pico.

I- I didn't mean to! I swear!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Get Mass Murdered -> Vengeance ties your soul to Earth -> Become hollows -> Take off masks -> ???? -> Profit!

As for why they didn't emerge earlier, well, if they had connections to Heuco Mundo and Aizen they'd know that revealing themselves could put them at risk from both sides. Although it would've made more sense if attacked immediately after the Aizen-SS conflict when SS was at its weakest in centuries, but LOL KUBO.

For this new Bleach war i hope it like OP and Naruto war.
The big guys can still get there fights but i hope they got whole bunch of Shinigami all over the place fighting vs these new guys .
It don't really feel like a war unless it messes and got a fair amount of people IMO.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Didn't the winter war feature that?
I think he means he wants more filler enemies and stuff to "fill" the pages up so it seems like it's an amass of forces as opposed to individual forces, to further the effect of a "war".

I hope it's less like Naruto's war, and more like a blend of the first bleach war (individual 1v1's with captains/big characters we care about) and the OP war (just a lot of shit going on in SS with the shinigami and it being bigger scale).

I think he means he wants more filler enemies and stuff to "fill" the pages up so it seems like it's an amass of forces as opposed to individual forces, to further the effect of a "war".

I hope it's less like Naruto's war, and more like a blend of the first bleach war (individual 1v1's with captains/big characters we care about) and the OP war (just a lot of shit going on in SS with the shinigami and it being bigger scale).

Yep that is what i mean .
This is Bleach last arc and there suppose to be war make it huge and epic even thought it going to come down to 1 on 1 fights .
I hope Kubo full the panels more and don't have them so empty looking .
Use they rest of the death gods as fodder in the back grounds .

Desmond

Great_Ball_Rasengan.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom