• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

looks like the quincy/hollows who were killed by soul society or by hollows are out for revenge. hopefully the leader of the pack is someone close to one of the main characters

Naruto

Madara is showing these fools who´s boss. I can´t wait for the meeting between Itachi and Sasuke.

Bleach

Qarrancars! The plot is moving nicely. I have to say that the pace has improved a lot. I laughed a lot when Chad said we will follow you after we finish eating the bread. The nerves of these Qarrancar fools coming to Yamamoto to declare war. He´s going to barbecue them.
That´s qarrancar´s bow is no joke.
looks like the quincy/hollows who were killed by soul society or by hollows are out for revenge. hopefully the leader of the pack is someone close to one of the main characters

I would say that these qarrancars have some kind of history with Ryuuken (Ishida´s father) or Isshin, or bot.

Naruto

The Kages are geting owned so hard. Wondering what will happen with emosuke and Itachi.

Bleach

Good chapter. I predict the Qarrancar will release Aizen. And the last combination that remains is Shinigami/Quincy.

Magi

Alibaba is really prince material.

Steroyd

Naruto

I can't believe I facepalmed when I saw the first Hokages face attatched to someone, at this point I shouldn't be phased at all, but it's happened so many times, it's become a reflex.

Khezu

Naruto

Uh, susan the skeleton seems to have legs. I guess that makes sense, but it looks kinda weird.

Really hope the brothers don't fight, already did that once and it was kinda boring and anti climatic. Plus now both of them can just sit back and spam susan even more.

Naruto

I can't believe I facepalmed when I saw the first Hokages face attatched to someone, at this point I shouldn't be phased at all, but it's happened so many times, it's become a reflex.

hahaha. oh well, at least it is consistent. I'd rather have hashirama face on Madara's chest (since this is continuation of Orochimaru's work on Danzou) than Kabuto somehow finding Sage of Six Path DNA and have his face on Madara's chest right now. lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: D+

Yo yo, I skipped the entire flashback. HOw many times is this old dude gonna come back from the brink of death to do a spectacular jutsu of some kind? Also, did anyone find it extremely weird when the Kage's like...fell out...then got back up like nothing happened 2 panels later? What was that?

Madara is a lot more boring as a villain than I thought he would be. I mean, he's just like "...Oh. Impressive."

"You can dance well" <- Wtf is this shit? Who says this? And Kabuto's importance in this war is lame. Why couldn't it have just been Orochimaru. At least I enjoy the stupid panels where Kishimoto shows Kabuto's dumb fucking face and semi-troll smirks.

And then, that ending. Hopefully Itachi kicks the shit out of Sasuke...but that won't happen. Maybe he will ignore him and Sasuke will chase him all the way to Kabuto. Then...Itachi will fall into a pile of ash. Fin.

Bleach: A-

Whoa. Whoa. What the fuck? I am not used to Kubo being able to have multiple events and shit happening in one chapter. Especially since this is the beginning of an arc. Maybe that 3 weeks did him good.

Enough joking around, this chapter was a good example of developing plot correctly in Bleach. Three interesting things are now happening, and we even got nakama interaction. This is more than we got in the last 2 arcs combined. Ichigo was being a boss to Ivan. He was just like "Bitch please. I don't give a fuck." That's how bosses respond to random dudes coming up on your block.

I like the Feather-Dude's new design too. And Ikkaku on screen is never bad, but I wonder what the fuck is going on with the whole disappearances thing. It reminds me of the disappearances in Turn Back The Pendulum...they better hope someone of similar stature to that shit isn't running this operation.

Then we've got the boss of all bosses, fucking 1000-Year Commander Yamamoto just like "Who the fuck are you assholes" when some dudes come up in his house. They probably are just there to talk, but they'd be dumb to attack them.

Naruto 575

Next chapter is going to be epic. Finally the moment Ive been waiting for since 2011, Sasuke/Itachi. Hopefully more flashbacks, and more epic attacks, with attempts to get him on a path set for redemption, Sasuke sees the light.

Onoki's moves, and Madara, make me wish they were like that in the storm generations game.

Kabuto still reigning supreme as best villain.

ryan13ts

Naruto:

Even though this is his own brother that's he's supposedly trying to avenge, I don't think Sasuke meeting Itachi will steer him off the path he's on. He's just too far gone and I don't think there's any saving him now, even by Itachi (or even Naruto for that matter). I am interested to see how he'll react when Itachi tries to stop or reason with him... Will he just attack his beloved brother like he's done with practically everyone else?

Naruto 575

Next chapter is going to be epic. Finally the moment Ive been waiting for since 2011, Sasuke/Itachi. Hopefully more flashbacks, and more epic attacks, with attempts to get him on a path set for redemption, Sasuke sees the light.

Onoki's moves, and Madara, make me wish they were like that in the storm generations game.

Kabuto still reigning supreme as best villain.

I bet that Sasuke didn't even acknowledge Itachi, he will insist Itachi is an impostor and attack Itachi in blind rage.

Bleach: A-

Whoa. Whoa. What the fuck? I am not used to Kubo being able to have multiple events and shit happening in one chapter. Especially since this is the beginning of an arc. Maybe that 3 weeks did him good.

Enough joking around, this chapter was a good example of developing plot correctly in Bleach. Three interesting things are now happening, and we even got nakama interaction. This is more than we got in the last 2 arcs combined. Ichigo was being a boss to Ivan. He was just like "Bitch please. I don't give a fuck." That's how bosses respond to random dudes coming up on your block.

I like the Feather-Dude's new design too. And Ikkaku on screen is never bad, but I wonder what the fuck is going on with the whole disappearances thing. It reminds me of the disappearances in Turn Back The Pendulum...they better hope someone of similar stature to that shit isn't running this operation.

Then we've got the boss of all bosses, fucking 1000-Year Commander Yamamoto just like "Who the fuck are you assholes" when some dudes come up in his house. They probably are just there to talk, but they'd be dumb to attack them.

No. They came to declare war and deliver a message. They are fodder and their death will be the message.

DP sorry.

Bleach 482

So much is going on, this is epic. War arcs are always the best arcs since that means, battles with out favorites. I cant wait.

I wonder if the mindblowing quincy arrancar hybrid will actually be an ally, would be cool to see if he has any partners.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Beam said:
Well...okay breh.

i3EyK.jpg

Beam said:
They came to declare war and deliver a message. They are fodder and their death will be the message.
But you're probably right. I mean, as I clearly said, Yamamoto is boss of all bosses.

lol gotta love Kubo's thought process.

We got 3 factions: shinigami, humans, hollows. I got a writer block... so let's mix and match! I need something more... let's bring back a dead faction!

And Detective Conan.

What a great finish to that case. I love how time doesn't move at all in this manga, but you can easily see the evolution of the cellphone from ch1 to latest ;P

Bleach

These qarrancars are probably why Isshin does not want to be a quincy anymore. Which ironically makes him and Ishida the last (only) quincies.

We got 3 factions: shinigami, humans, hollows. I got a writer block... so let's mix and match! I need something more... let's bring back a dead faction!

What are you talking about? Ryuuken and Uryuu are quincies, why could there be not more? It´s logical especially if they hid themselves from Soul Society.

And Detective Conan.

What a great finish to that case. I love how time doesn't move at all in this manga, but you can easily see the evolution of the cellphone from ch1 to latest ;P

know which chapter Takagi and Sato finally get together? want to read it again.

Noirulus

Kangoku Gakuen - 1 & 2

The art is good. Really good. Those are some punk ass friends that the MC has, though.. using his cell without letting him know!

Bleach

These qarrancars are probably why Isshin does not want to be a quincy anymore. Which ironically makes him and Ishida the last (only) quincies.

What are you talking about? Ryuuken and Uryuu are quincies, why could there be not more? It´s logical especially if they hid themselves from Soul Society.

Of course there could be more.... but it still feels a bit 'meh' imo. I always felt the whole Quincy thing was resolved during Ichida vs Science capt. But I guess nothing really happened...

meh. Too many wars going on.

PK Gaming

One Piece

Luffy: Strawhat luffy is going on a vacation.

:(

Naruto

Another mediocre Naruto chapter. Kishi should just go back to Naruto's fight or fully show us what Naruto's doing. Kishimoto trolled us with possibly his most uninspired flashback ever. We get it, Onoki became a jaded old man, and he's learned his ways, so what the fuck is the point to showing us a redundant flashback? I also couldn't care less about the 5 kage's fight vs Madara. I'm not too keen on him spamming Mokuton (I wanted to see some more sharigan techniques) and Hashirama's actual face on his body is just... blergh. I'm annoyed that Tsunade got sidelined (Kishi doesn't intend to have her fight... at all) and what was with Mei's comment about not inhaling that pollen? I wanted to see the repurcusions of that. It seems that Sasuke met up with Itachi. Talk about the biggest mindfuck ever...

Bleach

I liked how fast paced this chapter was. Kubo moves at a snails pace in terms of pacing but he really got the ball rolling. I'm glad that Kubo is showing us exactly what makes Ichigo special as a Shonen main character (his keen intellect). The hollow / quincy hybrid guy has potential, but only if he gives Ichigo a good fight. A bunch of missing people? Someone call the Mystery gang. Also a war arc? Fuck yeah. Hopefully this means we get to see feats for every bleach character. (Sees the Naruto war arc) maybe not... hehe.
All in all a pretty good chapter. Keep it up Kubo.

Big One

Banned
Narutu D

Mediocre chapter. Nothing happened, as usual. Flashback makes me care less for the old man. This feels like a chapter mysticwhip would've liked, but everyone else thinks it's shit.

Bleach B

Pretty solid paced chapter, it's good to see some of the humor still exists in the series. However these guys...

osvr3.png

Look fucking lame and uncreative. What the fuck, Kubo? Nothing worse than blank characters against blank backgrounds, especially since Kubo can get extremely detailed with his characters contrast to the backgrounds.

Tritroid

Naruto

The 5 Kage vs. Madara battle is ok, kinda dull. Just a diversion from the bigger fights though.

Haha I loved Sasuke's 'HOLY SHIT!' expression upon seeing Itachi.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto
Another shit Naruto chapter.

/stuff

Bleach
/stuff
All in all a pretty good chapter. Keep it up Kubo.
You're well on your way my son. Minor fix for you as well :D

Look fucking lame and uncreative. What the fuck, Kubo? Nothing worse than blank characters against blank backgrounds, especially since Kubo can get extremely detailed with his characters contrast to the backgrounds.
While I agree with you that the drawings have no dimension or creativity whatsoever, I maintain for now that these are either 100% fodder or that these were placeholder drawings for how Kubo will really draw each of them.

Why me cry.

Big One

Banned
While I agree with you that the drawings have no dimension or creativity whatsoever, I maintain for now that these are either 100% fodder or that these were placeholder drawings for how Kubo will really draw each of them.

Why me cry.
Well it's one thing to make one character like that (Aizen) for a brief time, but to make fodder like that is just kind of discouraging no matter what story reason could be. Eh I shouldn't be complaining too much, considering it's masterful compared to HxH this week...which has the worst art in a WHILE.

Kusagari

Naruto:

Hey guys the young surpass the old! Even though Madara and Hashirama own all the current Kages combined; and Onoki is apparently the only current Kage who can do shit. Can't wait for the Sasuke/Itachi showdown...not.

Naruto:

Even though this is his own brother that's he's supposedly trying to avenge, I don't think Sasuke meeting Itachi will steer him off the path he's on. He's just too far gone and I don't think there's any saving him now, even by Itachi (or even Naruto for that matter). I am interested to see how he'll react when Itachi tries to stop or reason with him... Will he just attack his beloved brother like he's done with practically everyone else?

I think it would make for bad storytelling is Sasuke is ever a point of being too far gone and beyond saving, what type of manga would even have such a bad end like that.

I dont think hed attack Itachi without reason or to defeat, but I think Itachi's words would at least stir up emotion in Sasuke and get him to contemplate over his actions and ninja way and whats important.

Subprime

Narutu D

Mediocre chapter. Nothing happened, as usual. Flashback makes me care less for the old man. This feels like a chapter mysticwhip would've liked, but everyone else thinks it's shit.

Bleach B

Pretty solid paced chapter, it's good to see some of the humor still exists in the series. However these guys...

osvr3.png

he needed a way to introduce all the shitty characters that have to get killed over the next 20 chapters.

789shadow

Banned
I can't remember the last time I had fun reading the weekly Bleach chapters.

Considering I started in the last arc, I'm going to say never.

But this arc is off to a good start.

Gazzawa

Naruto
It was pretty decent. Better than last week at the very least. Wish there wasn't so much of a cliff-hanger at the end again.

Bleach
Better than last week but I still stand behind what I say about Tite Kubo. This man is out of ideas and creativity. The art just goes to show how much pressure he is under to meet deadlines. Keep in mind he just had a 3 week break and it already looks this bad. Also isn't it about time we learned what happened to Grimjaww. Serious plothole!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn
I'm lovin it. Has been consistent. Very well drawn and beautifully presented.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Naruto
It was pretty decent. Better than last week at the very least. Wish there wasn't so much of a cliff-hanger at the end again.

Bleach
Better than last week but I still stand behind what I say about Tite Kubo. This man is out of ideas and creativity. The art just goes to show how much pressure he is under to meet deadlines. Keep in mind he just had a 3 week break and it already looks this bad. Also isn't it about time we learned what happened to Grimjaww. Serious plothole!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn
I'm lovin it. Has been consistent. Very well drawn and beautifully presented.

The only thing consistent about KHR is it's inconsistency, ignoring the genre shift, since I wouldn't count that against it. It has some of the worst cases of fluctuating powerlevels I've seen, one day Tsuna has
defeated byakuyan, and the next he's being defeated by someone far weaker than byakuyan ever was.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach
The art? The art in this chapter was perfectly fine. Other than the last Togashi-esque panel...everyone looked great as usual. The art in the Naruto chapter was more off.

Loved Inoue opening the window for Ivan getting kicked the fuck out.

We're 3 chapters into the arc and you're asking about Grimmjow? Am I being trolled for responding to this seriously?

Son I am still a Narutard at heart.
We'll shake it out of you.

Gazzawa

We're 3 chapters into the arc and you're asking about Grimmjow? Am I being trolled for responding to this seriously?

Just looking for more cohesion with established characters. You're right its a bit early to talk about him this arc but what about the last arc? Or after aizen was defeated. Its been a long time bro.
The art was the same but I just meant what other people were saying - this is mostly just Bleach characters on plain backrounds. Would have loved to have seen a cityscape seen when that dude was knocked out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom