• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Oh, I know that Battle Royale came before the hunger games (I mean the art alone says it) my brother made sure to let me know. Except I watched the movie before reading the manga. I didn't know I had to explicitly state it to you guys.

Sheesh.

PK Gaming

I'm not trying to bait anyone, christ.

Feels like an episode of twilight zone, I must have struck a nerve.

Doesn't help that I woke up with this head splitting headache either...

Defuser

Medaka Box 140

vTXu2.jpg

I don't know what to say.

upandaway

Suashi no Meteorite ch1

So a loli god who grants wishes, and a diarrhea every time she grants a wish. Seems like an appropriate trade off.

In this kind of setup, though, it begs the question. What would happen if MC wished for his wish-granting diarrhea to stop?

Also, if we have a loli god, I'm also gonna need a loli devil (preferably a diarrhea-inducing devil). It's just not balanced.

So I was watching latest Fairy Tail animu and noticed this character here:

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Kinana

When did they introduce her fully as Cobra's snake? WTF it's like I am missing one huge chapter or episode.

She's hot in any case.
??????

Who is this?!

What?!

dumbyugi

Bleach 140-192

The battles at the end of the arc were actually quite good. They still followed the same pattern as the other fights in the series but they were much more entertaining. The best fights were, in my opinion, Renji vs Byakuya and Yoroichi vs Soi. The bankai of the captains were all pretty nice looking and seemed pretty strong, but Ichigo's was really boring and didn't really do much of anything except make him faster. I understand what Kubo was going for but it was just boring.

The Aizen reveal wasn't really a suprise because I already knew he wasn't dead because of discussions in the thread and elsewhere so the suprise twist wasn't much of a suprise, I also really hate his design. Gin continued to be boring and he didn't really do much except smirk alot. Byakuya was dull and his reason for not saving Rukia was fucking stupid. Renji was pretty cool, though I don't understand what the hell he fought Ichigo for if they both wanted to save Rukia. Overall the save Rukia arc was pretty good and it kept me reading, but it was also nothing unique and was pretty standard shonen battle manga stuff.

Now on to the next arc and it's started off with a bullshit reveal that hopefully get explained soon. That is Ichigo's Dad being a shinigami even thought this was hinted at even slightly in any chapter. If he was a shinigami then why didn't he tell Ichigo after he became one, why did he never help his son at all. This better be explained, cause thats some shit right there. I assume Vaizardos or whatever the hell the translation calls them is supposed to be Vizard of something along those lines, yeah?

Witchcraft Works

So everything that happened in the previous few chapters was meaningless and everything is back to the way it was before the Medusa stuff happened? That's pretty damn stupid.

upandaway

No but seriously, what? And she's even inside the guild? When did she join? Why isn't it a big deal for an enemy to join like that? Makarov turned her back? Who turned her into a snake in the first place?

I'm panicking here, what's going on.

upandaway

Are you serious, I never read those things. I thought they were nonsense.

Mashima is crazy. Did he seriously create those kinds of backgrounds for all the side characters?

Glass Rebel

Gantz Ch. 193

First an alien ambush, now the vampires too.

They fucked. They so, so fucked.

Edit: fuck this shit. "They're all dead, now the strongest alien in Gantz makes his move." also wtf, demons suddenly? I think I'm gonna go back to Fourteen...

Bossun

Crimsons - akai koukaishatachi Ch.1

AWESOME

Still laughing right now. That's gonna be a must read.

A shounen with fish as main characters.

scy

I can see it now: Minamoto Discussion/News Thread |OT6| GTFO Big Three

Medaka Box 140 - Reading the impressions before I read the chapter was probably a bad idea. Anyway, I don't even think Bakuman says "manga" this often in a chapter... And "Life is Epic" indeed.

Either way, I got my payoff. Time for harem route unlocked shitty romcom?!
hype hype hype

Maedhros

Medaka Box 140

Shit was soooo cash. Fantastic job at the fourth wall breaking. And dat Medaka face in the end was totally worth the wait.

Beelzebub (last chapter)

Damm, Oga is alpha as fuck huh? Still waiting to see what will happen on this arc.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

Oh man DTL is going to explode at this Fairy Tail Movie news if he didn't know about it already.

... oh about the chapter, yeah er... zzZZzz

Fairy Tail

The cant find my socks thing reminded me of a skit in that Daily Lives of High School Boys, I always laugh so much when those types of things are done among characters. Somehow I was still shocked about the one the person wanted the match up to be, I thought he was definitely referring to Elfman, not Erza, though I guess exquipping is technically transforming. Didnt see that. Charle is starting to scare me, I really hope the outcome isnt so grim and unbelievable that it means that a death at fairy tail may occur.

27 Pages and the plot of the movie next time, hopefully Mashima even throws in a color page or two, its going to be good.

gunbo13

This isn't some ridiculous manga about sucking aunt tits or alien tit monsters.
Oh noes, me can't understand plots! Is this going to be a new thing? Gauging someone's intelligence based on reading shitty manga? You should reality check that shit and any other gross misconceptions you can muster.
Not only do her reasons make sense, her overcoming them are a driving force in her character growth and plot. Her entire arc is about her hangups about sex and how they relate to the main character, their parents, and her fiancee. Hell I could see this ending with the MC and the female lead not ending up together, if the point is about them becoming adults then they'll eventually have to let go of the childish infatuation they have with each other.
That shota complex? Didn't stop the one chick in Vampire Bund...now that is some creepy shit. I understand this simple plot but that doesn't mean I don't think it is silly. I just see it as a plot device to maintain a 30+ woman's purity for the sake of the manga. That's like cardinal rule #1 for main female interests. I just have to tune out how in a more realistic scenario Chizuru wouldn't have handled the separation like a psycho. I'll give the author points for trying to hold together that plot with physiological reasoning...but I still see it as a manga device in the end. Why can't the friggin girl have a fling and then regret it...so annoying.

The manga does have an original choice with the lesbian rape thing though.
I couldn't get past the first chapter.
I rank it up with tweegock as something I'll never read.
You guys are making us look like trolls by trolling yourselves.

ElFly

Fairy Tail

Someone do the math so we can know at what point FT will stop losing matches and start winning them so they don't lose.

Also, Toby not being defeated in an hilarious way is lame. His fight with Natsu was legendary.

Fairy Tail

Someone do the math so we can know at what point FT will stop losing matches and start winning them so they don't lose.

Also, Toby not being defeated in an hilarious way is lame. His fight with Natsu was legendary.

Well technically Natsu won his previous match over the other dragonslayers, and overall Fairy Tail won over a guild, so they are definitely going up.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

The tournament goes on for 5 days with 2 events a ???? + a battle everyday, that means each team can get a maximum of 20 points per day, I think we're on day 2 with the ???? = Chariot being done and with Raven Tail in the lead with 26 points with a possible 70 points left soooo... that means Elfman is going to lose.

Prove me wrong Mashima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom