• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 593

So Shoyo was basically killed several times to the point that he created multiple personalities of himself to coup with his despair and these personalities imitated the main thing he saw humans do.... kill

rough life

LeleSocho

Banned
Legend of Galactic Heroes - 17

GfeQGtF.png

The cutest tragedy of the universe "boom!" :3

phaze

Nisekoi 223

I forgot Claude still thought of Tsugumi as a boy. The reveals aa glorious.

I did too.I was like, "how progressive of you and of this manga."

Nisekoi 223

Maiko finally BTFO. Ruri a best. Claude's and Tsugumi's reactions were great too.

----

Some news flashed before my eyes a few days ago but I haven't followed it at the time. Is it true that Nisekoi is getting a new editor and not actually ending or was that hopefully a fake ?

LeleSocho

Banned
I did too.I was like, "how progressive of you and of this manga."

Nisekoi 223

Maiko finally BTFO. Ruri a best. Claude's and Tsugumi's reactions were great too.

----

Some news flashed before my eyes a few days ago but I haven't followed it at the time. Is it true that Nisekoi is getting a new editor and not actually ending or was that hopefully a fake ?

not true

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 1-2 and Prison Princess (one-shot)
Two stories about kidnapped princesses, one of whom decides to re-enact The Great Escape, while the other just wants a good night's sleep. Both feature resourceful FeMCs who shirk their damsel in distress status, but they're very different in tone, with Prison Princess being a more serious and dramatic action short, while Maou-jou is pure comedy with a zanier lead. I enjoyed + would recommend both, though Maou-jou's premise is fairly limited in scope so it'll likely be a brief series.

Zweizer

Banned
Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch3

Gyarus can be scary, too.

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan ch8

A roast for birthday? That's pretty fancy.

Hakoiri Drops ch27

So much denial.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch17

Well, he had a good time either way.

Boku Girl ch77

Oh my.

TrueBlue

I started reading this older manga from 1989, Okama Hakusho about a guy in college who gets drunk with his friends and they put girl stuff on him and it turns out he's super cute as a girl so his buddy takes him to a drag queen bar for him to earn cash and there he falls in love with a girl who comes in.

Whew.

So it's 1989 Japan and as tone deaf as you'd expect but has some surprising respect for the gay drag queens of the bar as well as some other gender and sexuality things. It's pretty charming and funny with...unique artwork (sorry but goddam 80s and 90s manga just had a style I do not like) so all the characters are very easy to pick out and define.

That said, you have to take their treatment of stuff with a grain of salt. As I said, 1989 Japan. He basically gets mouth-raped and it's played for laughs. So you know...forewarned.

Edit: Oh god it has an OAV

I came across this today myself, but the cover art put me off, so I guess I'm in the same boat with regards to style.

EDIT: Plus your synopsis doesn't sound like my cup of tea

Zweizer

Banned
Complex Age ch1 by Sakuma Yui

Cosplay is serious business.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch1-2 by Kumanomata Kagiji

A princess' sleep is serious business.

Prison Princess (One-shot) by Kaku Yuuji

Being a princess is serious business.

All rounder Meguru 1-20

Ill always have a place for an MMA manga. The whole yakuza subplot is very "?"atm though.

Light spoilers: The author
drops/ignores the yakuza subplot after a while, focusing on straight sports matches and that's it. Maybe the editor hinted him that it wasn't really working.

Kuro

2qQiJP0.png

Mmm what to say about Kuro. I think pretty much everything I could say would be spoilers, and this is the type of work that it's better to discover by yourself. The tone in general is a slice of life story of a little girl with a hint of hidden darkness in the setting, but it's part of the mystery to see how the manga evolves, what ratio between sweet SoL and plot uses, between silliness and drama. Will be a calm story or will it be more? Only one way to know.

It isn't very long, and I would say it's worth reading, though it won't be a cult classic or anything like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akame ga kill 72
RIP best girl

Prison Princess
This princess is someone that i will follow to the end of my life. Strong, smiling and caring for her people, and kicking demon lord ass. Your princess in another castle? Screw that. 'Your princess already escape from the castle and kill demon lord while she's at it'

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Vinland Saga 129
I think that if Vinland Saga can keep going and eventually end, while maintaining the same quality-- it'll be one of my favourite (if not THE favourite manga).
But at the current rate that'll happen somewhere around 2090.

dr labson

Neo Member
Vinland Saga Chapter 129

Another great chapter. Nice to see Thorfinn in action again.
Curse this monthly schedule! Why couldn't this manga be weekly?

Speaking of schedules. When did the last Vagabond chapter come out?
It's been so long.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 24

Glad to finally see the treasurer. Kaguya pretty scary this chapter.
Hope to routinely see him.

Omnicent

Vinland Saga 129
I think that if Vinland Saga can keep going and eventually end, while maintaining the same quality-- it'll be one of my favourite (if not THE favourite manga).

An watch Berserk still be ongoing by one of Miura assistants ... sorry

Vinland Saga Chapter 129

As much as he tries to run away it seems he can't escape the Floki arc... poor Thorfinn but this will lead to you learning who really killed your father

I am just waiting for that Far East arc that we were suppose to go to... we even saw some Middle Easterners in the market way back and heard those wealthy rumours about Moorish Spain

jonjonaug

Vinland Saga 129

Honestly we should be at least halfway through, or close to it. It'll probably be done around 2024-2030 if nothing bad happens to the author, and he's still only 40 years old so we have the time.

What's probably left: Finishing off the current arc to get resources/settlers to join him (and where better to get some than those villages Floki's burning down?). Traveling to Vinland. Establishing settlement. Things go wrong. Going back home to settle down with a family like his dad.

javac

I don't read manga but I picked up Umibe no Onnanoko (A Girl on the Shore), no idea what to expect so I'm going in blind. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done I guess.

Kieli

Honestly we should be at least halfway through, or close to it. It'll probably be done around 2024-2030 if nothing bad happens to the author, and he's still only 40 years old so we have the time.

What's probably left: Finishing off the current arc to get resources/settlers to join him (and where better to get some than those villages Floki's burning down?). Traveling to Vinland. Establishing settlement. Things go wrong. Going back home to settle down with a family like his dad.

yeah, i was down on the redemption arc 'cuz boring

but now it's really interesting. hope vinland actually succeeds rather than him failing

I would read a series about Princess Sina putting orcs in triangle chokes and flying armbars.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 36

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

That was...a really heavy chapter. The PTSD implications and political fuckery is just...really rough. Man. In such a short chapter we had such a complicated look at what it's actually like to be a soldier.

This was not a cute girl and he was not doing cute things.

The Akame Ga Kill chapter kinda pissed me off to be honest. It's the same reason I hate Walking Dead and Game of Thrones; it didn't feel like the death was earned, like the magaka earned the emotional effect he was going for by treating his character correctly. It felt like bullshit, to be frank.

I am not happy.

I came across this today myself, but the cover art put me off, so I guess I'm in the same boat with regards to style.

EDIT: Plus your synopsis doesn't sound like my cup of tea

Yeah, I read what's currently out and I can't say I recommend it.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam

The ending can be a bit depressing if they end up just failing as per history. But I'm sure the author can handle it.

I also agree with the others that I'd be psyched to see other countries like Greece and the Middle East depicted in Vinland Saga, but seems that will be delayed or even scrapped. I hope it's not because people whined about the series not having enough fights.

Gintama 593

So Shoyo was basically killed several times to the point that he created multiple personalities of himself to coup with his despair and these personalities imitated the main thing he saw humans do.... kill

rough life

Seriously. Though I wonder what they're going to do about him. Getting killed wont even stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom