• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Regarding public appearance:

Don't forget when some maniac sent anthrax or some shit to Kuroko no Basket mangaka.

Taruranto

Fujoshi Rumi END

9rlF3c5.jpg

One... last... Eva... reference...

Woah, this was a weird ending. I mean, it was a good place to end it as any, but the pacing felt waayy off, I think whathername got more development and screen time than the titular character in the last chapters.

I wish the author showed a bit more of Matsui's past. I mean "ugly girl goes through self improvement and becomes hot" is a very cliche development, but I don't think the manga did a good job at showing how traumatic her past was for her until the latest chapters.

Tsukamoto stuff was kinda bleah, everyone in the manga finds love except him. The author should have let him get over his crush on Chiba instead of that kinda really pathetic stuff with him leaving for Europe still obsessed with Chiba if she didn't have the courage to pair him with anyone.

A months later epilogue to show what the characters are up and how Momose changed the characters dynamic was also sorely needed.

Overall a good, funny manga with some forced developments in order to keep the story going.

Hope next year we will get The Breaker Season 3.

I miss hot Korean manga chicks.

He's currently wasting his time with Trinity Wonder, and Season 2 of Trinity Wonder is prioritised ahead of The Breaker Season 3.

Hope that won't take too long. I need me back my wuxia harem flick.

PK Gaming

The story so far

RSWKfmi.png

So the ponytail girl is in love with her fashionable friend, and she thinks she doesn't know, but the fashionable girl does know that she's in love with her, but then ponytail girl finds out that she knows and tries to pretend that she doesn't know that fashionable girl knows, but then the fashionable girl eventually finds out that she DOES know about her knowing, so she tries to make it even harder on all of them. Also the main character has a crush on the ponytail girl but she doesn't matter.

Taruranto

The story so far

RSWKfmi.png

So the ponytail girl is in love with her fashionable friend, and she thinks she doesn't know, but the fashionable girl does know that she's in love with her, but then ponytail girl finds out that she knows and tries to pretend that she doesn't know that fashionable girl knows, but then the fashionable girl eventually finds out that she DOES know about her knowing, so she tries to make it even harder on all of them. Also the main character has a crush on the ponytail girl but she doesn't matter.

I'm actually reading this right now, it's pretty cute.
I would have preferred if Kotooka was straight instead of this super weird love triangle. I like that the guys aren't just stick figures in background but actual characters, it makes the story feel more "real".

I'm still on chapter 6 tho'.
Edit:

This scared the bejesus out of me, what the heck?

PK Gaming

I'm actually reading this right now, it's pretty cute.
I would have preferred if Kotooka was straight instead of this super weird love triangle. I like that the guys aren't just stick figures in background but actual characters, it makes the story feel more "real".

I'm still on chapter 6 tho'.
Edit:

This scared the bejesus out of me, what the heck?

Honestly, Subaru's plotline is more compelling than his sister's. Mostly because he's more interesting/developed than his straightforward sister and his plotline is more unique. And yeah, get ready for some faces.

I would joke how 2017 would be the year HxH finally resumes permanent and consistent releases but then I remembered Dragon Quest XI is about to come out so yeah

Conan-san

Doesn't Togashi have a bunch of spinal problems from bad posture? And that's the real reason HxH is on hiatus?

At this point the man's less a person than a mythical figgure. A strange diety that sometimes flitters the scratching of chickens and for that demands the head of the weakest of Jump's village.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Doesn't Togashi have a bunch of spinal problems from bad posture? And that's the real reason HxH is on hiatus?

Apparently he's been taking better care of himself recently, if his comments during his last run of chapters are anything to go by, so it might not be as long until the next set of chapters.

Impossible Love Suicide (one-shot)

A devoted couple have a minor disagreement, with one playfully stabbing the other in the back and leaving him for dead. Further evidence that murdering your loved one can be a source of great entertainment. Though less so for the victim, I suppose.

Happy new years, guys.

Also, A Huge Battleship, Halloween was two months ago, you're too late.

oQftLw3.png

Mono-eyes fought for years to have it recognised as a separate holiday. Many of them were persecuted with name calling, eye poking and inappropriate jokes from opticians. Why would you trample on their sacrifices like that?

Helck 83

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(Chapter was worth it for Helck's fucking face when he went after Mikaros. Almost got chills)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck ch. 83

Something tells me there won't be a gotcha joke at the end of this ala neko and the torturer.

2017's already off to a terrible start.

Taruranto

Nanashi no Asterism #16

I thought this was a cute yuri story with "Protagonist helps her friend find love until friend realize she loved protagonist all along and
they hold hands,
the end",
but these fuckers are literally playing mind games now. There is no way the main trio isn't going to crash and burn at one point, this is literally a time bomb yo.
Also was Asakura having some kind of gay awakening in the last chapter.

What I am saying is that everything went better than expected.

Haikyuu!! V1

Rereading, was impressed going through chp 1 and seeing how early Tanaka, Daichi, and Suga had appeared. I guess I never appreciated that they were there watching Hinata and Kageyama in middle school.

Tsukishima is hilarious in the present time period, and also gave the best line of dialogue with Hinata responding to prove him wrong. That time about height and effort and determination just to be better and Hinata wanting to prove him wrong, enjoyed that dialogue.

Red Blood Red Legacy 88 - 97

Okay making this a post apocalyptic world with a disease causing people to undergo vampirism made this even more of a favorite manga, I love the setting like a Resident Evil or a Owari no Serafu, great.

Taiga taking over Itsuki body though...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom