• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really loved all the Ls that Sanji took last year.

image.php

Good Night World 46-51

Hoooooooooooly shit I did not think that chapter 51 would affect me as much as it did. Fucking piece of shit dad.

I really hate that I'm all "Man, unnecessary fan-service is turrible, we need more mangame with respectful treatment of women characters" and then I read that manga and they do a shot of the angel's butt-cleavage and my brain turns off.

THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 3
Arisu in Wonderland was the first thought that came to me as well, but that was a pretty vicious reactionary death stare. On the plus side, she seems to be established as the most prominent of the group now. Not sure what the fuss over New Generations is about - Rin's the only decent idol from the main trio.

I really hate that I'm all "Man, unnecessary fan-service is turrible, we need more mangame with respectful treatment of women characters" and then I read that manga and they do a shot of the angel's butt-cleavage and my brain turns off.
Angels are beings that transcend humanity and gender, so there's nothing hypocritical about your stance. Nothing at all. Nothing at all. Nothing at all.

Lain

Wanna See? by ShindoL

A tale about entering adulthood and how not taking it seriously can give you some dangerous exhibitionist habit. Or something.

Monster Musume 49

So that's 2/3 of the dangerous trio who're dangerously cute. Kino referred to Kyurii as scary so I'm assuming it's a nocturnal split personality kind of deal. Shame she (also) had to establish a bond with Papi of all characters.

Viz Jump Bonus Issue

Kenshin side story part 2

I marked out hard when Kenshin showed up at the end. Really excited to be back in this world and see the story continue.

YGO bonus chapter

This was a great tease for the new film can't wait to see it

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch239

It does indeed feel like an eternity.

Monster Musume ch49

Usually I'd be all "fuck mosquitoes", but I think I'm okay with this one.

Okusan ch40

Such a fake out.

Nonomiya is probably the biggest victim here.

Tatoe Hai ni natte mo ch6

That's damn cold-blooded.

bobohoro

Monster Musume 49

Leech and slimy eel were good. But fuck mosqui....I mean mosquitos su....
I dislike mosquitos still!
Yeah, that works.

Helck 83

The art is so good right now, really delivers on the tense feeling.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Reading that one shot of the new Kenshin side story makes me realise I need to read the original since Kenshin is a cool guy and all.

I'm going to save you some time. Don't read Kenshin, or at least not all of it. Maybe to the point where the anime ends, but then watch Samurai X and stop. Kenshin jumps the shark in the worst way at the end and it's kind of ridiculous in retrospect.

Conan-san

I'm going to save you some time. Don't read Kenshin, or at least not all of it. Maybe to the point where the anime ends, but then watch Samurai X and stop. Kenshin jumps the shark in the worst way at the end and it's kind of ridiculous in retrospect.

You mean the movie that gives them all TB? Yeah, No. DON'T do that.

FlowersisBritish

You mean the movie that gives them all TB? Yeah, No. DON'T do that.

Does it? All i remember of that movie is it was about the only good part in the fucking ridiculous final arc, which was Kenshin's backstory. If i remember right, i think there was a robot as a bad guy in the manga arc, not the movie? So that is immedietly a plus.

Eh the final arc in the manga was ok, no where near the likes of Kyoto but still passable.

@ the bolded: You have to be specific here, if its Trust and Betrayal then yes watch that then stop but if you are also including Reflections then i would say nah to that one (watch it if you are bored and want to see some bullshit).

Also the anime didn't end for a while and was littered with filler garbage so stop once the Kyoto arc is done.

Does it? All i remember of that movie is it was about the only good part in the fucking ridiculous final arc, which was Kenshin's backstory. If i remember right, i think there was a robot as a bad guy in the manga arc, not the movie? So that is immedietly a plus.

There where 2 sets of Ovas that where released under the Samurai X name

Trust and Betrayal - His past and the good one
Reflections - the one Conan is talking about

Also the guy wasn't a robot but he had a grenade launcher arm (an also a big ass cannon arm) to replace the one he lost.

Oh but I already watched up to the Kyoto arc and some of the later filler. Around what chapter was I around?

Or could I just not read and just watch those movie mentioned?

The final kenshin manga arc was great, tied Kenshin's story up nicely.

Oh but I already watched up to the Kyoto arc and some of the later filler. Around what chapter was I around?

Or could I just not read and just watch those movie mentioned?

Read the remaining chapters then watch the Trust and Betrayal OVA. They actually have a link to each other.

apparently the Kyoto epilogue starts at Act 147 and it will eventually lead into the new arc

The last arc was great though. I mean sure the final villain was stupid and his minions but everyone got a cool fight and Kenshin finally got to put down his sword.

Nearly everyone got their happy ending and it was a completion of Kenshin's journey from man killer to wandering swordsman to
settled husband.

Honestly having completely read Rurouni Kenshin recently on a whim, I'm not sure how I feel about the story continuing past the last arc which it seems is happening now. I feel like it provided good closure and I don't really feel like it needs to be continued in any way

Honestly having completely read Rurouni Kenshin recently on a whim, I'm not sure how I feel about the story continuing past the last arc which it seems is happening now. I feel like it provided good closure and I don't really feel like it needs to be continued in any way

I'd be cool with a story in the universe centered on kenshin's friends and new characters as long as Kenshin mostly stayed home and was a family man.

Boogiepop

Okay, so I took a browse through the list of everything that once ran in Shonen Jump, and pulled out everything long/notable enough to have its own Wiki page that I don't personally have experience with, skipping a handful of things that didn't look like my jam (pretty much just the stuff that was an immediate "this is going to bombard you with massive amounts of fanservice, and that's its primary purpose" flag). I'm at least somewhat familiar with a number of these (and furthermore the mangaka behind a number of them, too), but I have no experience with these series in any format.

So yeah, if you guys could throw out suggestions as to what of the following is worthwhile/not worthwhile, that'd definitely be helpful!
City Hunter
Kimagure Orange Road
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Wing-Man
Stop! Hibari-kun!
Captain Tsubasa
Ring ni Kakero
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Bastard
Magical Taruruto-kun
Chameleon Jail
P2! Let's Play Pingpong!
Mieru Hito
Mr. Fullswing
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar
Kajika
Butsu Zone
Level E
Karakurizoshi Ayatsuri Sakon
Tottemo! Luckyman
Ninku
Hareluya Boy
Samurai Usagi
Sket Dance
Akaboshi: Ibun Suikoden
Oumagadoki Zoo
Enigma
St&rs
Saiki Kusou no Psi-nan

Plus just a general question as to whether or not the older Go Nagai stuff is worth a look/import. (I've generally enjoyed going through most of Tezuka's big older works, so going old certainly not opposed to noticeably old-school stuff. That said, I know that Tezuka was a straight up genius and master of his craft, and I'm honestly not familiar enough with his works to know if it's fair putting him on the same level. (Totally know that he's a big name worthy of respect, but like I said, I just haven't really dug enough into his stuff anywhere near enough to actually compare him to Tezuka)).

Edit: There were a handful of older titles that didn't have a wiki that seem to have had a long enough run to be note-worthy that I'm not trying to disrespect at all. Just didn't want to do the deeper research than just scrolling and clicking at this time. But if anyone wants to bring those up and comment on them that'd be cool to.

jonjonaug

Level E is good.

Go Nagai: Devilman is an absolute must read manga. Most of the rest of his work is really a "you either like this or you don't" sort of situation. But I'd recommend checking out Cutey Honey, Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko, Kekkou Kamen, and maybe Dororon Enma-kun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Masamune's Revenge

Meido > Commando > Class President > Main Tsundere

Okay, so I took a browse through the list of everything that once ran in Shonen Jump, and pulled out everything long/notable enough to have its own Wiki page that I don't personally have experience with, skipping a handful of things that didn't look like my jam (pretty much just the stuff that was an immediate "this is going to bombard you with massive amounts of fanservice, and that's its primary purpose" flag). I'm at least somewhat familiar with a number of these (and furthermore the mangaka behind a number of them, too), but I have no experience with these series in any format.

So yeah, if you guys could throw out suggestions as to what of the following is worthwhile/not worthwhile, that'd definitely be helpful!
City Hunter
Kimagure Orange Road
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Wing-Man
Stop! Hibari-kun!
Captain Tsubasa
Ring ni Kakero
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Bastard
Magical Taruruto-kun
Chameleon Jail
P2! Let's Play Pingpong!
Mieru Hito
Mr. Fullswing
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar
Kajika
Butsu Zone
Level E
Tottemo! Luckyman
Ninku
Hareluya Boy
Samurai Usagi
Sket Dance
Oumagadoki Zoo
Enigma
St&rs
Saiki Kusou no Psi-nan

Plus just a general question as to whether or not the older Go Nagai stuff is worth a look/import. (I've generally enjoyed going through most of Tezuka's big older works, so going old certainly not opposed to noticeably old-school stuff. That said, I know that Tezuka was a straight up genius and master of his craft, and I'm honestly not familiar enough with his works to know if it's fair putting him on the same level. (Totally know that he's a big name worthy of respect, but like I said, I just haven't really dug enough into his stuff anywhere near enough to actually compare him to Tezuka)).

Edit: There were a handful of older titles that didn't have a wiki that seem to have had a long enough run to be note-worthy that I'm not trying to disrespect at all. Just didn't want to do the deeper research than just scrolling and clicking at this time. But if anyone wants to bring those up and comment on them that'd be cool to.

SketDance is a must read and must watch (loved the anime).
ST&RS is great and proof JUMP needs more space manga.
Saiki Kusuo is a good read, but also a good watch (each of its episodes are like five minutes)

SalvaPot

City Hunter
Kimagure Orange Road
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Wing-Man
Stop! Hibari-kun!
Captain Tsubasa
Ring ni Kakero
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Bastard
Magical Taruruto-kun
Chameleon Jail
P2! Let's Play Pingpong!
Mieru Hito
Mr. Fullswing
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar
Kajika
Butsu Zone
Level E
Tottemo! Luckyman
Ninku
Hareluya Boy
Samurai Usagi
Sket Dance
Oumagadoki Zoo
Enigma
St&rs
Saiki Kusou no Psi-nan

I love Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar, its really weird. Captain Tsubasa is great if you like soccer. Saiki is a great gag manga. Enigma was fun while it lasted. Oumagadoki Zoo is from the creator of My Hero Academia and its pretty cool.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1-10

This series has kind of a slow so I'm stunned it actually has done well in WSJ. I'm not a big fan of the choice to have much of the story told via narration by the lead character but the story is good and the action is great. Hoping viz picks this up since the fan translation is really rough.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

City Hunter
Kimagure Orange Road
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Wing-Man
Stop! Hibari-kun!
Captain Tsubasa
Ring ni Kakero
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Bastard
Magical Taruruto-kun
Chameleon Jail
P2! Let's Play Pingpong!
Mieru Hito
Mr. Fullswing
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar
Kajika
Butsu Zone
Level E
Tottemo! Luckyman
Ninku
Hareluya Boy
Samurai Usagi
Sket Dance
Oumagadoki Zoo
Enigma
St&rs
Saiki Kusou no Psi-nan

City Hunter is great, but there's only English scans up to a certain point and there's no official translation.

Level E actually has an anime that is hilarious, watch that.

Butsu Zone and Oumagadoki Zoo are both very cool and well worth your time.

------------------------------------------
élDLIVE 2

I really like this so far and it being full colour is awesome! Reading these chapters kinda made me excited for the anime.

FlowersisBritish

Helck Still so god damn good. Screw more SAO, someone make Helck into an anime. It deserves it.

One Punch Man (One) Oh hey, this is a thing still. I actually really like the pragmatism of the lesser heroes working together to solve a very difficult scenario. Reminded me of DnD campaign's where we tried to build off each other to win. I'd really like of One's next series is something along the lines of that, because I think he's pretty much stopped caring about One Punch Man.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo 6

Ok. Wipe drool off the keyboard aaaaand back to not reading this until it's finished.

Can we not post this stuff as actual images...

Link and NSFL/W tag would be appropriate.

Really though not every enjoys seeing/reading disgusting shit like this.

Boogiepop

Level E is good.

Go Nagai: Devilman is an absolute must read manga. Most of the rest of his work is really a "you either like this or you don't" sort of situation. But I'd recommend checking out Cutey Honey, Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko, Kekkou Kamen, and maybe Dororon Enma-kun.

SketDance is a must read and must watch (loved the anime).
ST&RS is great and proof JUMP needs more space manga.
Saiki Kusuo is a good read, but also a good watch (each of its episodes are like five minutes)

I love Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar, its really weird. Captain Tsubasa is great if you like soccer. Saiki is a great gag manga. Enigma was fun while it lasted. Oumagadoki Zoo is from the creator of My Hero Academia and its pretty cool.

Butsu Zone and Oumagadoki Zoo are both very cool and well worth your time.

------------------------------------------
élDLIVE 2

I really like this so far and it being full colour is awesome! Reading these chapters kinda made me excited for the anime.

Thanks a ton, guys! This is definitely helpful stuff!
City Hunter is great, but there's only English scans up to a certain point and there's no official translation.

Level E actually has an anime that is hilarious, watch that.

That's actually no problem on my end, as I've generally been picking up the Japanese volumes and reading them for stuff that doesn't have a US release (yay for knowing Japanese!)

Okay, so I took a browse through the list of everything that once ran in Shonen Jump, and pulled out everything long/notable enough to have its own Wiki page that I don't personally have experience with

So, why limit yourself to Shonen Jump? There are better magazines out there.

Level E is good, yeah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's actually no problem on my end, as I've generally been picking up the Japanese volumes and reading them for stuff that doesn't have a US release (yay for knowing Japanese!)

You're lucky. I'm stuck waiting since there's no hope of an official English release, given it's age it's a miracle this much as been adapted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's a cycle. Every few months I would ask people to stop posting NSFW stuff and they just ramp it up and push it until it gets to NSFW levels again :-/

This cycle has been going for literally a decade of manga threads.

Nozomi x Kimio 30

6wNrSZB.png

Nozomi x Kimio is a sports manga. I feel like this pairing predicament would've resolved itself without the grand fixer's presence, but I guess it's partially about her growth as well. Not sure what the significance of Mahiru's observation near the end is, if any.

bobohoro

While I agree, I also can't say I dislike the surprise shocks in this thread every now and then, most of which I'd miss because I usually don't click on spoilers/links. But that little fun probably isn't worth it if some posters find it uncomfortable and off-putting.

Domestic Na Kanojo 89

This is a cooking manga now.

remz

While I agree, I also can't say I dislike the surprise shocks in this thread every now and then, most of which I'd miss because I usually don't click on spoilers/links. But that little fun probably isn't worth it if some posters find it uncomfortable and off-putting.

There's "a little fun" but I think the fingers being sliced off with a cleaver is just plain gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom