• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
I was kind of hoping for Kimetsu no yaiba.

The benefits just aren't there for adding Kimetsu no yaiba. The ship has sailed - the people who are reading it are reading the scans now, and if they aren't Viz will have to serialize like 40 chapters or whatever it's at to get up to the present, or just start with a plot summary which is also difficult to justify. Much easier and cheaper to justify licensing a fresh series that everyone starts from ground 0 with (particularly because there are 6 to choose from), and then if they decide to do Kimetsu no yaiba do it the conventional way with tank releases.

The benefits just aren't there for adding Kimetsu no yaiba. The ship has sailed - the people who are reading it are reading the scans now, and if they aren't Viz will have to serialize like 40 chapters or whatever it's at to get up to the present, or just start with a plot summary which is also difficult to justify. Much easier and cheaper to justify licensing a fresh series that everyone starts from ground 0 with (particularly because there are 6 to choose from), and then if they decide to do Kimetsu no yaiba do it the conventional way with tank releases.
Yea I get that, but I was still hopeful :/

Hoping they will still license and release it as GN. Straighten Up! too actually. Viz need their own dancing manga no?

mdubs

Banned
Yea I get that, but I was still hopeful :/

Hoping they will still license and release it as GN. Straighten Up! too actually. Viz need their own dancing manga no?

I was hoping too. Both of them would be great gets. It's a reason why I'm sort of hoping Straighten Up! will end relatively soon - the fewer volumes, the less risk there will be to bringing it over for them. I hope it gets an anime soon to bolster that as well. Honestly the best thing we can do is buy Ballroom as much as possible - if that sells well, Viz will certainly be taking notice

I mean viz has had to go back for both haikyuu and assassination classroom. I'd think it would be long term cheaper to go back once its apparent a series is a hit that they past on (around say 30 chapters in Japan) then to pick up series that are a risk considering viz's track record with jump starts. Of those 6 its likely only 2 will survive long term in Jump and Viz has a pretty good chance of missing one of them :|

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai 11

WoBrBDv.jpg

Hrm. Yes. I see.

Mahou Shoujo Site 41

FUCK YES NIJIMIN, KILL THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE

Oh my god, I have never felt such catharsis watching a Dog-Group Idol stab a broken bottle into the throat of a physically abusive, piece of shit Mind-Control panties-wearing shitbag of a brother.

I hope the entire next chapter is his slow death while the rest of the girls just watch him die. Just like 20 pages of him dying. Fuck him and fuck him good.

There's Nobody Who Wants to Cry
Short story from the Onedari Shite Mite yuri anthology, featuring a student who gets turned on by making her partner injure her. Often this kind of fetish is accompanied by an overly graphic portrayal, but nope, this was pretty harmless. Curious to see whether the rest of the anthology's along similar lines, but IIRC the author's generally pretty vanilla so it's more likely just a once off.

Let's Get Wet (NSFW doujin)

Mira x yuri x lotion x xxx. There's no pretence at a plot this time, it's just two women, 40 pages and lots of lotion. Which is fine if that's how you like your lewd.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch488

Misuzu is actually too nice.

Mob Psycho 100 ch98.2

Time for them to actually do something?

I Am a Hero ch250

No place to run now.

Fbh

My Hero Academia
Haha that guy is awesome.
While predictable, I really like the idea of him having a pretty standard power and polishing it up to a top tier level. Hopefully this results in interesting developments for the main cast

Boruto

Ok I guess?. The scene with the rasengan was nice. But I still kinda dislike the whole concept of this. Nothing more boring than the "new generation" being a copy of the last one

Boruto

Ok I guess?. The scene with the rasengan was nice. But I still kinda dislike the whole concept of this. Nothing more boring than the "new generation" being a copy of the last one

Did you not read Naruto? The new generation being like the old generation isn't anything new.

Zweizer

Banned
There's nobody who wants to cry by Yukiko

Yuri sadomasochism. Nothing graphic, yet the characters' thoughts manage to successfully portray how uncomfortable such a matter can be.

Looking forward to the rest of the anthology~

Aizo

Banned
Mature, interesting Josei and Shoujo manga recommendations, please.

I like stuff like The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, Rose of Versailles, Nana, and Moto Hagio's works... I like romance, if it's actually good (none of that basic Shoujo Romance crap), but I'd otherwise like SoL, Historical Drama, Scifi, Fantasy, or Psychological. A good Scifi would actually be really cool.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The story that is currently being told in the manga works (and looks) so much better in he movie in general I'm not sure why people are bothering with it until it goes deep into new content.

I like stuff like The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, Rose of Versailles, Nana, and Moto Hagio's works... I like romance, if it's actually good (none of that basic Shoujo Romance crap), but I'd otherwise like SoL, Historical Drama, Scifi, Fantasy, or Psychological. A good Scifi would actually be really cool.

7 Seeds
Glass Mask

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 5

FqgZQj4.png

RIP. I understand where she's coming from, though I've seen enough of her game cards to know she can do a natural smile just fine (including in the one this event's based off). Momoka's "especially from me" comment is intriguing - those two get paired up enough (including in a Starlight Stage card) that I'm assuming they have history together. If not, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if this manga introduced one for them, since they seem like a natural fit.

Private Actress
Kagen no Tsuki
Ludwig Kakumei
Dokuhime

Verelios

Have you tried Sekine-kun no Koi? I like it even though I usually don't read works that are so...stifling. It's josei but kind of SOL/psychological.

Edit: Completely forgot about one of my favorite series Nodame Cantabile. That is Josei right? I think so.

Phoenix - Volume 2

I liked the irony of the end of humanity provoked by people being lost they basically making their own God,
in the form of AI, and following all its commands in dessperation to recover from decadence, without questioning, causing ultimately the demise of humankind by mutual assured destruction. Even when they know to where that path will end, they don't seem capable to avoid it.

As always, even if the theme of end of humanity and rebirth are deep and complex, it's treated at first through a light narrative, full of action. The story starts with a pursuit, and it goes from there.
In the end, it's personal drama and individual selfishness what ends the possibility of survival. The sacrifice of the Moopie is worthless because of that.
But with this being the 'end' of Phoenix, even if it's only the second volume, it explains the philosophy behind the series, with all the universe being a kind of life of a endless scale, if you see it from the correct perspective, ending with the final hope of humanity realizing their mistakes and surviving.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi ch1

I'm so sold. This was amazing. I think I remember people freaking out about this, what a heck of a first chapter.

I'm mad about the two ditchers, but the main three are great.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dungeon Meshi ch1

I'm so sold. This was amazing. I think I remember people freaking out about this, what a heck of a first chapter.

I'm mad about the two ditchers, but the main three are great.

You are so late to the party
facepalm.gif

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san 29

My heart cannot deal with GG in the background getting excited and pointing to herself and then Braveman giving up on fighting RX Group and GG in the back just looking despondent while Mook #2 comforts her. GG x Mook 2 for life.

Also we need to get away from these beach chapters, these General swimsuit shots are making this manga difficult to read.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi is without a doubt one of the best series to come these past few years.

Also, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 does the whole cooking monsters bit pretty well if any of y'all ever wants to experience it in a game.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Seven Deadly Sins Oh snap! A real fight! I hope!

Magi Digging this final arc a lot the more I think about it.

Mob Psycho These kids are alright in my book. Always kinda liked them and glad they're getting some screen time. Which kids you ask? All of them.

Demon's Plan WIND POWERS ARE THE DOPEST!!!!!

*A picture of life

I'll give you a week to get ahead. I tend to binge read series :<

I need to catch up on it. I've only read the first 10 chapters, and I really liked it.
Though there's many series I need to catch up on. Darn you school, taking all my time.

Quit school, spend all your money on manga, gain your sustenance from Dunkin Donuts garbage and meme

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I reread Dungeon Meshi last week and now I want to reread it again.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'll read it this February when J-pop releases the first volume.

Wait we got it here? For real?
J-Pop is doing a good job! Amanchu, Swagamoto, Saint Seiya Next Dimension and now Dungeon Meshi... all great stuff that i like!

When's Yotsuba&! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom