• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Edit: Oh, new pages.
OyMbV3w.png

20130328_RAWPreview_LARGE_R.jpg

It's 2013.

We need the opposite poster that shows Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Big E, Fandango, Rhodes, Sandow, Brodus Clay, and Brad Maddox partially out of frame and out of focus.

ecurbj

2 count. Fonzie pushes Jerry while he's on the ropes, which crotches him. He holds a chair so RVD can do a Van Daminator, but Jerry ducked it and hit a weak chair shot that got boos. RVD put Jerry back on the ropes, hit a diving kick, which sent Jerry face first on the floor, destroying his face.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

I forgot which SmackDown game allowed you to do the Van Daminator but I use to use that maneuver faithfully, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the name Ivan Putski was synonymous with some other words too...wow.

So will people complain next year if the top matches are Rock vs Brock, Undertaker vs Cena and Punk vs Austin?

Taker vs Cena would be the bad one on there. None of them should involve the Championship too.

By making Rock the champion and making Cena vs Rock a championship match, WWE loses out on being able to build a star. And the other championship match has fucking Swagger, another opportunity lost.

gurudyne

So will people complain next year if the top matches are Rock vs Brock, Undertaker vs Cena and Punk vs Austin?

Undoubtedly. Just will have proved that WWE wasted another year they could have been using to build stars.

Punk/Austin would not be included in the complaints though. Unlike most 'Legends', Austin stays away from the ring long enough for his return to actually mean something.

Striker

Taker vs Cena would be the bad one on there. None of them should involve the Championship too.

By making Rock the champion and making Cena vs Rock a championship match, WWE loses out on being able to build a star. And the other championship match has fucking Swagger, another opportunity lost.
They'd make the WWE title match behind all three if so. It loses its luster regardless. WWE should've been building these talents properly. Del Rio is great where he is now, but he was a non factor from spring 2011 until he finally took the face turn recently.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Will Austin get its 2014 posts here?
I would complain about all of those matches. It's time to move on from these old guys and start pushing some new talent.

They should probably be using folks like Orton, Punk and Cena to put over some of the younger guys, even.

Aiii

So not worth it
You look positively asian, well done sir. Seriously, it's a great model, I like it.

I've actually decided to grow a full beard, got so sick of shaving. About 9 days in I'm still in the itchy stage of my beard, which is quite annoying. But oh well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man Heenan is about to pay tribute to Monsoon. :~(

Kaladin

You look positively asian, well done sir. Seriously, it's a great model, I like it.

I've actually decided to grow a full beard, got so sick of shaving. About 9 days in I'm still in the itchy stage of my beard, which is quite annoying. But oh well.

I grow a better goatee than I do a full beard. It just doesn't look right in parts.

Jamie OD

Watched The True Story of Wrestlemania on Netflix. Starts off well talking about the first three WMs but it turns into a mess afterwards. It goes back and forth between the old and more recent events then just becomes WWE constantly patting itself on the back. Wouldn't be the worst thing to watch if you're hyped for next weekend though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heenan's speech sounds like a roast of everyone, he's so good.

ECW on TNN's ratings stayed consistent throughout the whole run. They consistently did a 0.9-1.3 every week, which was actually incredible for that shitty Friday/8pm timeslot.

I remember TNN got so salty about ECW's ratings destroying their prized RollerJam show that came on after ECW, they basically quit promoting ECW immediately. I think I only saw one commercial for ECW on a channel other than TNN. I saw it on Comedy Central at like 2am once.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ECW on TNN's ratings stayed consistent throughout the whole run. They consistently did a 0.9-1.3 every week, which was actually incredible for that shitty Friday/8pm timeslot.

I remember TNN got so salty about ECW's ratings destroying their prized RollerJam show that came on after ECW, they basically quit promoting ECW immediately. I think I only saw one commercial for ECW on a channel other than TNN. I saw it on Comedy Central at like 2am once.
The bolded sounds... Familiar.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey, so I just went onto Netflix on my Roku which doesn't have the US netflix... noticed that like a bunch(all?) of the WWE stuff is on there now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, so I just went onto Netflix on my Roku which doesn't have the US netflix... noticed that like a bunch(all?) of the WWE stuff is on there now.

I think every dvd release is on there now, they recently added the last 2012 releases they had.

miserable

How long do you have to wait for the itchyness to go away?I've tried many times to grow a beard but the itching always made me shave :/

Top Bottom