• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions announced for 3DS (October 6)

maxcriden

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/OI54_yxpwkY

Coming October 6th. No stereoscopic 3D.

Mario and Luigi superstar saga announced. Remade in 3DS M&L engine.

Clarification from Treehouse: updated animations from 3DS engine, remade pixel art from the original.

Untold story included. New side content starting Goombas. Treehouse says it is huge, and has a new battle system.

You can now place pins on the map.

Previous leak:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1365925

Will edit in more info as available.

Kouriozan

It was already leaked but looks really good, been age since I played Mario and Luigi RPG 1 and that Bowser's Minions gameplay was interesting.

Tuck

Oh cool, thats the only good one! All the sequels started bogging the formula down with bloat, sidescrolling or endless tutorials.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Super excited to play this finally. I picked up a used Mario & Luigi cart a bit too late into the lifespan of the GBA and I couldn't force myself to finish it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh cool, thats the only good one! All the sequels started bogging the formula down with bloat, sidescrolling or endless tutorials.

giphy.gif

I never finished Dream Team, but the technical work that translated the M&L sprite work into stereoscopic 3D was really something to behold, and it makes a lot of sense to apply that to the best game in the series.

Just imagine if Metroid 3DS had been spoiled by an eShop metadata leak like this.

IceMarker

Fantastic game, glad to see it return with the new engine, although I do miss how charming the OG outlined pixel art is.

RagnarokX

Superstar Saga is legit the best Mario RPG. Maybe now people who keep asking for Super Mario RPG 2 will finally play this, since that's what it is :p

Top Bottom