• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions announced for 3DS (October 6)

Refyref

This looks great. I like some of the sequels more than the original, but this game is still really good. I'm definitely in.

Timeaisis

Superstar Saga is still the best M&L game. Best writing, best scenarios. I'm excited they are updating the art and (presumably) some mechanics. Looking forward to it.

CheckMate

The only Mario & Luigi game I played was Partners years ago and thought it was great.

What's so good about this that it has such a huge following?

Gaspard

The only Mario & Luigi game I played was Partners years ago and thought it was great.

What's so good about this that it has such a huge following?

It's got the best pacing of the M&L games and the combos don't get too over-the-top like in succeeding games. Plus the villain in this one is the absolute best.

Darn, no stereoscopic 3D at all.

That's a letdown; 3D was what I was looking forward to most about this project given the precedent of the 3DS M&L games. It would have been a major perk, but was probably more labour-intensive than could be justified, given that this is a sprite art game and not just a matter of rendering in 3D from two viewpoints.

cntr

Banned
sliiiightly disappointed they're going for 3d instead of pixel art, but that's not a big dealio

I'm hype.

I said it in the Treehouse thread but Superstar Saga is one of my favorite games of all time but was stolen from me years ago and I never found out who did it. I've tried looking online for a new copy but they're mad expensive and I never had a good time to drop the cash on it because life always stopped me.

So yeah, I'm thrilled about this.

fhqwhgads

People are trashing Dream Team/Paper Jam artstyle? You people have no taste at all.
As good as the classic look is, the new style they went with is lovely.

Kyuur

That's pretty exciting! It's one of the only Mario RPGs I've not played out of the classics (RPG, Paper & TTYD) and I liked Partners in Time.

woopWOOP

I didn't really like the original that much, but I still finished it. Remake looks pretty, not sure if I'll buy it 'again' tho.

The Bowser's Minions portion has me more interested actually, lol

FZZ

Banned
This looks dope

Man part of me wishes it was on Switch though haha

3DS has had its time to shine

Kalnos

Banned
I said it in the Treehouse thread but Superstar Saga is one of my favorite games of all time but was stolen from me years ago and I never found out who did it. I've tried looking online for a new copy but they're mad expensive and I never had a good time to drop the cash on it because life always stopped me.

So yeah, I'm thrilled about this.

It's like $30 CIB and $10-15 for a cart, that's actually pretty cheap tbh

maxcriden

sliiiightly disappointed they're going for 3d instead of pixel art, but that's not a big dealio

I'm hype.

Just to clarify in case you didn't see, the original pixel art from the backgrounds is still in and has been touched up. It's the characters and i think effects that are from the 3DS engine.

ASaiyan

Banned
Really surprised/disappointed this wasn't a "and you can play it RIGHT NOW!!"

Seriously, though, all these games. All these games this year. I am absolutely drowning in them.

2017 is the new greatest year in video game releases for sure.

cntr

Banned
Just to clarify in case you didn't see, the original pixel art from the backgrounds is still in and has been touched up. It's the characters and i think effects that are from the 3DS engine.
hm, I see.

...I liked the character pixel art more though, haha.

Galang

Banned
Wow the remake actually looks pretty. Absolutely love the style! I think they used the same style for the previous title, but I never played it because of the complaints. Really glad they didn't go full 3D!

MrBadger

Nintendo are just casually revealing games I want this year. It's been hit after hit.

Admittedly we knew about this one because of leaks, but it's still great to finally see it. It's a bit of a shame that they're not doing the full 3D backgrounds like Dream Team and Paper Snore, but this still looks really nice.

ZeroGravity

People are trashing Dream Team/Paper Jam artstyle? You people have no taste at all.
As good as the classic look is, the new style they went with is lovely.
Yeah these games all look really nice. My only issue is it does suffer from "better there, done that" as we now have three games that all look the exact same.

You know...a week ago I had a minor back and forth with someone on GAF about 3DS getting games that could've gone to switch. He said something about 3DS being a dying console that will only see C-tier releases.

Hey gaffer. LOOK AT THIS SHIT!!!! Look at metroid....

Top Bottom