• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions announced for 3DS (October 6)

Westraid

Looks great and I'm really looking forward to it. But honestly I think the original GBA pixelart looks more charming.

Also no Fawful and Prince Peasly Amiibo. I'd have bought all 10. :(

Ventara

Very happy about this. I've heard great things about this game but never got a chance to play it. Also, with this, all Mario & Luigi RPG games are playable on 3DS, no?

emb

Cool surprise. Not a game I really wanted remade, but the original is a great game and this seems awesome for anyone who missed out and for anyone who wants to replay it soon.

Hahaha, OK Nintendo. Between this and Metroid, I'll just buy a New 3DS instead of a Switch. Can't believe the best Mario RPG is coming back, and it looks so gorgeous in the Dream Team art style.

Loving the shift back to 60fps, as much as I liked the visuals of the last two games certain Bros attacks were hard to pull off at 30fps.

It looks good, though the shift in art direction (basically Alphadream wanting to use all the colours they can after being restricted on GBA) isn't a comfortable one. But I think it'll fit the BeanBean Kingdom, which doesn't look like anything else.

Loving the shift back to 60fps, as much as I liked the visuals of the last two games certain Bros attacks were hard to pull off at 30fps.

It looks good, though the shift in art direction (basically Alphadream wanting to use all the colours they can after being restricted on GBA) isn't a comfortable one. But I think it'll fit the BeanBean Kingdom, which doesn't look like anything else.

Superstar Saga looked great for GBA but always felt a bit washed out to me, especially after playing the DS games. I wish this remake used Bowser's Inside Story's visuals as the base but this is still a lovely looking update.

21x2

Love Superstar Saga, but I'd rather play the GBA version than this... I really, really don't think the Dream Team art style is anywhere near as nice as the original style :/

hobozero

What horrible shit did Waluigi do that Nintendo hates him so much? That guy is never getting his own game. It's like they will give every character their own game no matter how obscure just to snub that guy.

"Is 2017 the year of Waluigi?"
"Next from Nintendo: Super Wart Land 3D!!"

I blame the inappropriate gestures he made on the pitch back in 2005:

b27.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I saw Toadsworth in the trailer, but iirc he didn't appear in the series till Partners in Time correct?

Wonder if we'll see any other retroactive cameos.

sonto340

What horrible shit did Waluigi do that Nintendo hates him so much? That guy is never getting his own game. It's like they will give every character their own game no matter how obscure just to snub that guy.

"Is 2017 the year of Waluigi?"
"Next from Nintendo: Super Wart Land 3D!!"

I blame the inappropriate gestures he made on the pitch back in 2005:

b27.gif
Waluigi isn't a miyamoto design so he'll probably be relegated to spin offs for eternity.

Salsa

honestly this feels like one of the few instances where it fits right in in terms of wanting to replay it again by this point

im in

khaaan

I have more of a problem with the way the lighting looked at some parts, still one of my favorite games though. Looking forward to it.

Easily the best of the Mario & Luigi titles, I hope someone at IS is willing to look back on the original two Paper Mario titles in a similar fashion.

I'm so glad this is real. The M&L series is one really want to try and I've had fun with Bowser's Inside Story. It seems like this is one of the best of the bunch so it'll be really great to have it on the 3DS. And of course it's not got a long time to go before the release date which makes the wait a lot easier :D.

3DS keeps on delivering :D.

Jazzem

I assume this'll be on the M&L 3DS engine, aka 30fps...

GBA version will likely remain definitive then :/

EDIT: Watching the trailer it actually appears to be 60fps welp, previous comments revoked :'D would be curious to see how I fare on the difficulty spike bosses these days

Opa-Pa

I'm so conflicted... I love the original, and the new story starring goombas looks cute and funny, but god damn I hate the 3DS engine. It's so ugly, especially compared to what the original looks like.

Ok, I love that this game is coming, and my friend Tyler is going nuts about it.

But what I REALLY loved was how Nintendo accidentally botched the introduction to the game. That was priceless!

mindsale

Looks exactly as I remember it.

I'm sure it's way better looking, but like, is it?

Releasing it on a late-in-life portable doesn't do it many favors.

Mistle

Wow `awesome! I heard the news but didn't realise it had updated graphics. Looks fantastic, haven't played this game since GBA but remember loving it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
...the original pixel art had more charm and expressiveness than this and I say this as someone who enjoyed the 3DS Mario and Luigi games.

Top Bottom