• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Tennis Open |OT| Mario's dusting off the rackets and taking his game online

Metal Mario QR Code for NA is coming soon

Here's the hint:

Trying to track down the elusive Metal Mario? Only the most social players will find him, at a place where friends hang out when they can't meet face to face.

daakusedo

I'm trying to win against a legend cpu but you know, that's hard, the best I could do is reaching a 6-6 in the decisive set.
But it seems you can't hit extreme left or right of the court no matter how I push in those directions the shots stay pretty straight. I got many points like that by going close to the net and a strong shot on the sides during tournament.
So that's one thing I can't use and even the purple charge shot are not so powerful.

PKrockin

Anyone have a link that doesn't require a FB account?

ImRt1.jpg

Chrom

One really minor complaint that I have with this game is just the fact that it doesn't save the gyro setting option after a match or event is over. It's always set to On, so whenever I don't want it to be, I always have to pause the game and go through the menus just so I don't have to deal with it whenever I want to sit back and play the game without the dynamic viewing.

And Metal Mario is pretty sweet. It's a shame that he has to be so slow, but it's to be expected.

Munkyspace

One really minor complaint that I have with this game is just the fact that it doesn't save the gyro setting option after a match or event is over. It's always set to On, so whenever I don't want it to be, I always have to pause the game and go through the menus just so I don't have to deal with it whenever I want to sit back and play the game without the dynamic viewing.

And Metal Mario is pretty sweet. It's a shame that he has to be so slow, but it's to be expected.

Try going to the options from the main menu (not in-game) and turning gyro controls off altogether. You can find it in the submenus of the clubhouse.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh, I didn't know the online mode was IP blocked, I thought it was just the region setting on the console that you were locked too. Really poor decision from Nintendo, an online sports game must allow worldwide play in this day and age. Why couldn't they just let you decide to filter opponents by region?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Found this for cheaps in store just now (20 bucks), figured no RPG mode was worth about 20 to me so why not at this price. So far enjoying it although it's very easy

Smilax

Found this for cheaps in store just now (20 bucks), figured no RPG mode was worth about 20 to me so why not at this price. So far enjoying it although it's very easy

I agree with you on that. It is very easy for some reason. Although it's still a fun game to play!

Chrom

Sooo, is no one playing this anymore? Can't find any matches online :(

I still play this game, especially online.

Funny story, I ended up meeting one of my opponents online elsewhere (Backloggery) who I first met on Mario Tennis because they used their Mii as their avatar. Crazy stuff.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Saw this game in a bargain pin and decided to give it a go. Pretty fun game, though the way to unlock new items and how you earn coins is kinda silly.

This not being Mario Kart or anything it's not surprising that finding people online can take a while, having been out for so long. I have managed to get my rating to 2600, but takes so long to find games and I often end up playing the same dude(tte) several times in a row, so probably won't keep playing much longer.

I am a pretty decent Nadalesque baseline grinder, but god do I suck at the net. I see people just slap those shots like crazy but I can never pass anyone. Slow courts are the death of me. On fast I school people left and right, but once drop shots and such come into play I am hopeless.

And how the hell does the monthly leader have like 90,000 points?

Also, I am convinced that Star Mario on Ace is unbeatable. Can't even get a point with my geared up Mii.

edit: realized this thread is in community, so no one will ever see this post. godspeed.

Is this worth a punt for cheap, now it's on Nintendo Selects? It's also 20% off on My Nintendo it seems.

Haven't really played a Mario Tennis game since the fantastic N64 title and the GBA game. Is this at least fun while it lasts? Will be sold on it if the 3D is good.

Top Bottom