• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

Currently watching the 2nd hour. This show excels at the personal interactions. The acting is excellent. There's a Humanity that Peggy and Jarvis bring much like Grant Gustin on The Flash has that is lacking in the other Superhero Shows.

Grazzt

I can't believe this show just became even more amazing. The acting in this show is top tier, way better than AoS. And goddamn that musical, so good.
I'm so sad that next episode might be the last of this series :(

I've been pestering ABC. Phone calls carry the most weight, I believe, since you're putting the most effort into it. But if you want to try to save the show, here's your chance.

One of the most effective ways of having your voice heard is to pick up the phone and call ABC’s feedback line. You will have the opportunity to leave a 30 second message. There are several steps you will need to go through and to make it easier for you we’ve listed all the numbers you will need below so you don’t have to wait for the whole recorded message, just hit the next number when each message progresses. Think about what you’d like to say before you call. Tell them how much you enjoy the show and that you would like to see it renewed.

• Dial the number 818-460-7477 (within the USA, add +1 at the beginning if dialing via an international cell phone) to get the “Audience information department”
  • Press 1 for “ABC television network”
  • Press 2 for “leave comment”
  • Press 2 for “prime time shows”
  • Enter 243 for “Marvel’s Agent Carter”

Leave your message up to 30 seconds long and then simply hang up.

guek

Banned
I can't believe this show just became even more amazing. The acting in this show is top tier, way better than AoS. And goddamn that musical, so good.
I'm so sad that next episode might be the last of this series :(

I think Carter is easily a better show than AoS or any of the CW shows :-(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've been pestering ABC. Phone calls carry the most weight, I believe, since you're putting the most effort into it. But if you want to try to save the show, here's your chance.

You're aware that Hayley Atwell is already signed up to a different series right? That saving the show is literally impossible?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You're aware that Hayley Atwell is already signed up to a different series right? That saving the show is literally impossible?

You are aware that the people involved in that show said that if Agent Carter gets renewed they were willing to work around the other show's schedule, right?

Penguin

I wouldn't bother

It's new management... and really probably want to trim the fat

When the CW can beat you on a Tues night... probably looking for an exit strategy

aparisi2274

The only saving grace, and it probably means nothing, is that during the preview for the finale next week, the voice over guy did say "Season Finale" and not "Series" finale...

I sure hope its just a season finale and not the series, because I can not see it costing ABC a lot of money to produce an 8 episode series... If they really are looking to trim the fat, how about getting rid of Grey's Anatomy or some of their friday night comedies... :)

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The only saving grace, and it probably means nothing, is that during the preview for the finale next week, the voice over guy did say "Season Finale" and not "Series" finale...

I sure hope its just a season finale and not the series, because I can not see it costing ABC a lot of money to produce an 8 episode series... If they really are looking to trim the fat, how about getting rid of Grey's Anatomy or some of their friday night comedies... :)

Grey's Anatomy should have ended like 5 seasons ago, wth is it still doing running?

I wouldn't bother

It's new management... and really probably want to trim the fat

When the CW can beat you on a Tues night... probably looking for an exit strategy

The new President, a lady (!) is actually the person that helped get SHIELD off the ground. There's every reason to believe she's friendly to these shows.

It really bums me out that this show is so damn good. It's not even a good comic show, it's a good show in general. The acting, set pieces, plot, characters, etc are all fantastic. It deserves ratings, but doesn't get them.

This is a way better show than SHIELD through and through. Even just one more season would make me happy, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Dalek

Getting all caught up on Agent Carter-Season 2 has just been incredble-the pacing, Whitney Frost-everything is perfect.

Andrin

Currently watching the 2nd hour. This show excels at the personal interactions. The acting is excellent. There's a Humanity that Peggy and Jarvis bring much like Grant Gustin on The Flash has that is lacking in the other Superhero Shows.

Agreed. Though to be fair, Fitz has been doing a really good job with providing that for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well.

jmood88

I hate that they made Peggy this staunch anti-killing person out of nowhere. The first episode of this season featured Peggy shooting at Dottie, and not with some magic stun bullets or "icers". Frost has shown that she will kill and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve her goal and Red is clearly willing to kill to get what he wants. I could understand her being hesitant about the bomb because Wilkes was in there but I don't get the lecturing to Jarvis and Thompson. It doesn't fit with what the character has shown up to this point.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I hate that they made Peggy this staunch anti-killing person out of nowhere. The first episode of this season featured Peggy shooting at Dottie, and not with some magic stun bullets or "icers". Frost has shown that she will kill and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve her goal and Red is clearly willing to kill to get what he wants. I could understand her being hesitant about the bomb because Wilkes was in there but I don't get the lecturing to Jarvis and Thompson. It doesn't fit with what the character has shown up to this point.

She wouldn't have minded killing Frost, but Jarvis put everyone in danger by wanting revenge getting them into a worse situation. And it was foolish to think that he could've just shot the super powerful-being full of eldritch juice. And the bomb thing was because of Doctor Wilkes. She's not a "staunch anti-killing person" at all.

Dalek

It kills me to know that this might be the last time we see Peggy and Jarvis. Mr. Jarvis is one of my favorite characters in the MCU ever.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bet this is the last season.

Then again, AoS has been much worse in quality and viewership and it stuck around.

AoS seasons are a lot longer, though, so syndication is a possible future revenue stream. Syndication isn't really on the horizon for a 20 episode series.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bet this is the last season.

Then again, AoS has been much worse in quality and viewership and it stuck around.

AoS is not worse than Carter in viewership, which is why it's sticking around and Carter won't.

Also, as Htown said, syndication is easier with a show that's getting 22-episode seasons vs. a show getting 10-episode seasons. Same goes for a deal with Netflix or Hulu — more episodes provided means more money.

Malyse

AoS is not worse than Carter in viewership, which is why it's sticking around and Carter won't.

Also, as Htown said, syndication is easier with a show that's getting 22-episode seasons vs. a show getting 10-episode seasons. Same goes for a deal with Netflix or Hulu — more episodes provided means more money.
Has been, not is.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been a week behind since the start so I haven't been able to comment, but I've finally caught up.

S2 is amazing, easily my favorite thing from Marvel Studios now. It was a miracle it got a second season and now it's looking more dead than ever but I hope that isn't the case.

Top Bottom