• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

Sadist

Found the season finale a bit dull. It has some funny moments though (Stark being a horny bastard hehe) but the cliffhanger man... I really need season 3. I really, really need it.

More Peggy and Jarvis!

AMUSIX

Final episode wasn't the best, but 9 was amazing, 8 was great, fuck, a lot of this season was fantastic. Season 3 would be very, very welcome.

I agree that too many threads were wrapped up too cleanly, too quickly, and, once again, shows are scared to kill even expendable characters.

Also, I don't think the writers keep track of in-universe continuity much, which is too bad.

Blader

Just watched the finale, and my thoughts on it are basically my thoughts for the whole season: decent, occasionally funny and punctuated by some nice character dynamics (mainly Peggy-Jarvis-Howard), but also kind of dull and anti-climactic. I think overall S2 was a step down from 1 mainly because so much of this year hinged on Peggy's sympathy and potential feelings for Jason, when he always struck me as a bit of creep right from the start, so I never really cared what was going to happen to him.

It's also annoying that they not only ended on a cliffhanger, but also left a handful of other plot threads (Arena Club key, Dottie on the run, etc.) open, despite basically no chance of a third season. I mean they had to know, given how bad the S1 ratings were, that just getting renewed for a second season was a long shot, much less a third. I wish they had written a little more finality into what will very likely be this series finale.

Despite its faults, if the show gets cancelled, I will at least miss it as the last/only place for Peggy, Jarvis and Howard, whose chemistry together is up there with the best of the MCU relationships.

AMUSIX

I fully agree that the Peggy-Jason relationship was DoA. The two just had no spark, and he came off all wrong from the beginning.

Also, I'd really have liked it if they kept the Peggy-Sousa relationship one of mutual respect between good, good friends. I know she has to find someone, but he was always a strange fit.

Oh, and did anyone find the lack of Cap (or anything alluding to him) conspicuous in the Ep9 dream sequence?

iosefe

wild mass guesing time

The document given to vernon said M. Carter, staning for Margaret, or MICHAEL

they spent enough time driving in that michael is dead.

or maybe his death was faked by some nefarious entity and he carried on in secret

and the man who shot Jack Thompson....Was Michael!

you can quote me on that at Season 3

jph139

I honestly forget that Peggy Carter is a Captain America character most of the time. I associate her a lot more with SHIELD and such, since her appearances since First Avenger have been almost entirely in that capacity.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just caught the last episode.

That ending was a kick in the nuts. Jack got Coopered. And the key. What the hell does the key unlock.

Man... if we don't get a season 3...

Agree with those who thought the finale was weak but overall I loved this season. Not a fan of Wilkes but every other character was pretty great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume they can just create a time portal and have her show up on Shield as a guest star when ABC inevitably announces that they're cancelling this.

Goldrush

Not Jack! His exclusion was my biggest disappointment of the season. I love the "harem" vibe of the first season, but it was absent this season. I put the blame squarely on the loss of the vital "BAKA! It's not like I like you or anything" character.

Love the show, though, and sad to see its rating. The show still have problems believably getting from plot point A to plot point B, but I just love the cast and could watch them do anything as long as they are talking to each other. Think all the Marvel shows are great, but most of those episodes are still sitting in my backlog because they don't grab me like this show.

Moaradin

Pretty weak finale to an otherwise pretty good season. Pretty mean cliffhanger to end on considering there probably won't be another season though.

Is it me or was there a lack of action scenes this season? I remember the scene in S1 of Peggy brawling a bunch of SSR lackeys in Angie's diner, and of course Peggy vs. Dottie in the finale. I would've liked to have seen Peggy fight Whitney at the end: superior training and fitness versus symbiotic Zero Matter.

Is it me or was there a lack of action scenes this season? I remember the scene in S1 of Peggy brawling a bunch of SSR lackeys in Angie's diner, and of course Peggy vs. Dottie in the finale. I would've liked to have seen Peggy fight Whitney at the end: superior training and fitness versus symbiotic Zero Matter.

There was definitely less, which I'm fine with because I don't feel like the action scenes were ever the show's strength.

The new Prez of ABC has decided to stop waiting for upfronts in May to announce show renewals - some of them at least. Right now she's announced renewals on Once Upon a Time, and expected that many comedies and the Shondaland shows will be announced too. Keep your fingers crossed for Carter - and not having to wait until May!

Quick

Banned
Finally got the chance to watch the finale last night. I'll have to agree with some people that it was pretty weak, but the characters really made it shine.

I didn't like how Whitney Frost was taken out so quickly. I was expecting her to put up a fight, not just fall for that trap so easily. But I guess they can maybe justify that with how crazy she became with Zero Matter.

That being said, Peggy and Sousa was a year in the making.

Thompson eventually siding with the good guys was also, well, good. But I hope they didn't just kill him off, what a shame to lose him after finally being likeable (within Peggy's group).

Really hoping we get one final season to wrap everything up for Peggy. I feel like it can do one last season.

tumblr_nkb8bwiPvv1tnpfs2o4_500.gif

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If they don't do a Season 3, I hope as part of Season 4 for AoS, they do a flashback thing so they can at least tie things up.

Weevilone

Collectively, the wife and I enjoyed the second season. Individually, I don't think I would have stuck with it. We'll be pleasantly surprised if it gets another season.

It wasn't until the finale that I even remembered Peggy is supposed to join SHIELD eventually. :lol

Yeah I mean that was the initial promise of the one-shot turned series.

Now season 2 is over, we might not get a season 3, and there is no hint of them doing the SHIELD origin story.

It wasn't until the finale that I even remembered Peggy is supposed to join SHIELD eventually. :lol
Yeah I wonder if this show continues when we'll get a chance to see Peggy in shield. I atleast want some form of media with Peggy in shield if it won't be the Tv show

Gambit

I want season 3 to take place on two timelines:
In the past Peggy is founding SHIELD
in the present Sharon Carter destroys HYDRA

Top Bottom