• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There is another type of mission that unlocks separate from the tracking missions (think the Dark Dimension in the Dr. Strange quest if you've gotten that far) that unlocks them. You can also unlock them from the premium Magneto missions and craft them with your converter in the shield lab.

Yup.
I'm keeping my converter at level 7, which allows me to convert 10 crystals a day. Apparently even with a max leveled generator, you can't produce enough anti-matter in a day for a max level converter. Besides that, you get 7-10 crystals (x2) from the Magneto veiled secret runs, and the same from the deluxe Magneto dailies. So I'm getting around 40 crystals a day.

Yeah that will never happen so I may go for that, cheers. Any general tips on how to build her?

She's really easy to build. If you aren't able to T2 her, get an obelisk with an invincibility proc to cover the times when your charm doesn't go off. The rest can be any combination of offensive or defensive stats. You for sure want to max out her cooldown reduction, so get the Hawk's Eye ISO set for her if you need to. Max out her shield and charm skills and you'll pretty much never die. Super easy WB win every day, including iThanos.

The payout balance of that Magneto premium mission seems fucked up. It gives you a lot of Magneto X-genes (like 30 every day) when Mags is already 6* when you get him and you get like 400 Magneto X-Genes from his epic quest bonuses.
I assume these are to make sure you get enough to level 20 all his gear and even T2 him without a ticket, but considering how sparse other materials and X-genes are, it's weird.

And yeah, I can vouch for Enchantress too. I guess my third paywall char would be Venom, but Wolverine seems to outdo him as a combat char. I'm trying to T2 Kid Kaiju as I always feel terrible at speed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What do you guys think, I've got 3 characters ready to be tier 2'd once I get my next ticket.

1. Daimon Hellstorm: He's pretty damn solid even at Tier 1 and I've heard nothing but good things.
2. Elsa Bloodstone (with MU Uni): She's awful at Tier 1 but at T2 she gets immunity which would turn her around heavily. I'm leaning towards her as none of my current speed characters can even finish a Normal difficulty speed alliance battle let alone rack up any points in Extreme.
3. Ghost Rider (with Attilan Rising Uni): He seems like he'd probably be the weakest of the three, though that massive damage buff he gets vs supervillains at T2 seems pretty sexy.

Yeah Elsa for sure, one of my fave characters to play as.

I used my ticket on Enchantress.

Remind me, once I buy the Magneto package will I get all the bonuses from the quests I've already cleared or are they lost forever?

Just downloaded. No idea what I'm doing, just going through the story. Chapter 2 now.

Iron Man (2*)
Captain America - Sharon (6*)
Nebula (3*)
Captain America - Steve (2*)
Black Widow (2*)
Shang-Chi (1*)

Still have a 1* and 3* character select tickets to use.

Sinatar

Just downloaded. No idea what I'm doing, just going through the story. Chapter 2 now.

Iron Man (2*)
Captain America - Sharon (6*)
Nebula (3*)
Captain America - Steve (2*)
Black Widow (2*)
Shang-Chi (1*)

Still have a 1* and 3* character select tickets to use.

Sharon Rogers is amazing, good choice 6 starring her.

For the characters you can farm from story missions, the best are generally considered to be:

Iron Fist
Black Bolt
Captain America (Steve Rogers)

For Dimension Rifts I would focus on getting Loki first, Loki can carry you through just about every piece of content in the game.

For Special Missions the best are White Tiger from the New Avengers side and Crystal from the Inhumans side.

Sinatar

Who to use my instant 6* selector on? 3* Captain Marvel or 1* Ghost Rider?

Which Ghost Rider? If it's Robbie Reyes then definitely him. If it's regular GR then you need a uniform (Attilan Rising) to make him good.

Captain Marvel is pretty underwhelming though. Not awful but not really good at anything.

Which Ghost Rider? If it's Robbie Reyes then definitely him. If it's regular GR then you need a uniform (Attilan Rising) to make him good.

Captain Marvel is pretty underwhelming though. Not awful but not really good at anything.
Yup, it's Blaze. Thanks for the answer! I'll look out for that uniform then. Sucks about CM.

Man 10 bios a day for X-Men characters is slowwwwwww

Gonna be stuck trying to rank up Rogue for a while, still kicking myself for using up all my rank up tickets before the patch lol

Also kinda weird that you can use Mega Rank tickets on X-Men but not Mega Mastery.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got my agent venom to 6* mastery,, I've never felt how p2w this game was until now, what a beast of a character. My sharon rogers and T2 captain marvel are still better in timeline battle, but goddamn if he doesn't just maul other content. He doesn't even have any iso8 equipped lol.

Kinda disgusting how strong these exclusive characters are.

*he says while buying another 20 biometrics daily

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Took me 6+ months to do Doctor Strange legit. Epic quests are grueling.

Wow, I don't think it took me that long but I think I had stockpiled some materials and tickets from not playing a ton for a while. I'll finish Wolverine's epic quest in another 15 days or so. I definitely used some shortcuts, though. I had a 3 star ticket for storm, bought the 5 star offer for both storm and beast, and used the MRUT on cyclops.

I've been slowly making headway on Shadowland and am close to beating it completely. I cleared 23 for the first time today.

I play one person per floor (never tagging to heal, because I am not VIP3), often accompanied by someone else for their leadership and the third for a team bonus.

Here is my roster I'm currently using:

First character = Leader. CAPS character = Controlled. Stages listed are all ones I've cleared with the team.

- MODERN SIF, Angela, Coulson: Relay - Spidey
- T2 WEBBED SILK, Spidey, Black Cat: Relay - Iron Man / Rumble - Wasp
- Ronan, CAR RIDER, Black Dwarf (1* 40): Relay - Ronan
- T2 SHADES RULK, Red Skull, Supergiant (1* 40): Rumble - Widow / Relay - Spidey
- Hela, T2 LADY LOKI, Odin (1* 40): Relay - Ronan
- T2 ZOMBIE ELSA, Wong, Warwolf: Relay - Iron Man
- T2 BLACK HULKBUSTER, T2 BABY GROOT, Rocket: Relay - Iron Man
- T2 SPIDOC, Miles, Gwen: Relay - Spidey / Rumble - Widow / Relay - Winter Cap
- T2 SUIT BOLT, Black Panther, Lash: Relay - Ronan / Relay - Winter Cap
- Bullseye / Punisher, T2 KATE, Hawkeye: Boss - Rocket / Boss - Lady Loki

- ROBBIE, Goblin, Volstagg: Boss - Rocket / Relay - Winter Cap
- Star-Lord, MANTIS, Yondu: Rumble - Rulk / Relay - Females
- She Hulk, T2 MU CHO, Hulk: Boss - Iron Fist
- LINCOLN, Singularity, Nico: Rumble - Rulk / Rumble - Hulks
- T2 ANAD YELLOWJACKET, Goliath, Ant-Man: Boss - Destroyer / Rumble - Hulks / Wave - Ronan
- War Machine, T2 KAMALA, Moon Girl: Relay - Nico / Relay - Ghost Rider / Relay - Sif
- Luke Cage, T2 HOBO FIST, Daredevil: Relay - Spidey / Rumble - Widow / Boss - Lady Loki
- Carol, T2 ARMOR SHAROG, Cap: Relay - Sif / Relay - Cap / Relay - Ghost Rider / Boss - Venom
- Shang, T2 UNMASKED GWENPOOL, Modok: Relay - Nico
- Ultron, PROXIMA, Glaive (1* 40): Boss - Rocket / Boss - Destroyer / Rumble - Ultron / Relay - Ghost Rider / Relay - Thor / Boss - Carnage

- Medusa, T2 JANE, Iron Man: Boss - Venom
- Satana, DORMAMMU, Clea: Boss - MODOK
- Ancient One, MOVIE STRANGE, Baron Mordo: Anything

If I can come up with two more blue teams for 23 and 24, then I can save Strange for 25. I'm going to be using the next 4 T2 tickets on X-Men, so I can't build anyone else to T2 atm. I'm thinking Cyke may be able to handle 23 and maybe a Storm team can take Mantis's earlier role and allow Mantis to do 24. Magneto will likely be useful for a floor as well.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Spend 1000+ shards on masteries...next quest requires 1000 shards for research... XD

giphy.gif

At least shards are the quickest of the materials to get. You'd end up hitting a wall for crystals most likely, anyway, haha.

Xion385

Hey GAF. It's been a super long while since I last played. Goliath was still top tier when I last played.... -_-. I think characters where just beginning to get their six star skill when I used to play.

I was wondering is there any tier list out there that I can use for reference one which to characters to farm? I used my biometrics all on Sharon Rogers liked my friend recommended. I guess Goliath/Ant-Family isn't viable any more and any guide would be appreciated.

Also, do we have room in the GAF alliance?

giphy.gif

At least shards are the quickest of the materials to get. You'd end up hitting a wall for crystals most likely, anyway, haha.

I should have checked before I spent them XD

I'll hopefully be okay and only need a couple weeks of Crystal farming by the time I get there.

Don't have any rank up tickets left for Beast so that's my next barrier.

The Kree

Banned
Hey GAF. It's been a super long while since I last played. Goliath was still top tier when I last played.... -_-. I think characters where just beginning to get their six star skill when I used to play.

I was wondering is there any tier list out there that I can use for reference one which to characters to farm? I used my biometrics all on Sharon Rogers liked my friend recommended. I guess Goliath/Ant-Family isn't viable any more and any guide would be appreciated.

Also, do we have room in the GAF alliance?

My recommendations in order of farming practicality through daily activity (story mode, villain siege, timeline, special missions, epic quest memory mission/dark dimension):

Speed - Elsa Bloodstone, Squirrel Girl, Kate Bishop
Combat - Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Captain America, Lady Sif, White Tiger, Black Panther
Blast - Lincoln Campbell, Songbird, Wiccan, Crystal, Ancient One, Baron Mordo
Universal - Ghost Rider (Classic), Captain Marvel, Hellstorm, Black Bolt, Thor

These are not the best characters, but they're best you can build in the least amount of time, who you can then use to move on to better characters. I'd suggest building one in each class initially.

Assuming you'll play Dimension Rifts everyday, try to focus on farming these as well:

Speed - Yondu
Combat - Nebula
Blast - Wasp, Yellowjacket
Universal - Loki

Loki should be your first priority in Rifts because he can carry you through the vast majority of the game.

Xion385

My recommendations in order of farming practicality through daily activity (story mode, villain siege, timeline, special missions, epic quest memory mission/dark dimension):

Speed - Elsa Bloodstone, Squirrel Girl, Kate Bishop
Combat - Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Captain America, Lady Sif, White Tiger, Black Panther
Blast - Lincoln Campbell, Songbird, Wiccan, Crystal, Ancient One, Baron Mordo
Universal - Ghost Rider (Classic), Captain Marvel, Hellstorm, Black Bolt, Thor

These are not the best characters, but they're best you can build in the least amount of time, who you can then use to move on to better characters. I'd suggest building one in each class initially.

Assuming you'll play Dimension Rifts everyday, try to focus on farming these as well:

Speed - Yondu
Combat - Nebula
Blast - Wasp, Yellowjacket
Universal - Loki

Loki should be your first priority in Rifts because he can carry you through the vast majority of the game.

Thanks. From just reading up I took Sharon Rogers as my first 6 Star. I also bought her uniform. I gave IAAG ISO-8 set. I made a dumb ass mistake of using 300 free bios on her. I completely miscount how many max stars you can get. I thought max was 7 for some reason. I should have 6* Loki by next week when I get my free 6* token.

I hit a massive roadblock on Chapter 11. I can't get past 11-1 after cruising all the way through there. I guess it's just a matter off upgrading Sharon and waiting for Loki and getting a third level 60. I'm guessing this is going to be BP. Unless people have suggestions on who should be my third in the group.

I also reupped my old Stark loot subscription. I also got the 20 bios daily. I'm using it for Carnage. It's the best one from what people said. I will take up your advice on the people to farm.

I'm still new to the World Boss mechanic. I left the right before the Agents of Shield update got introduce. I just got motivate after seeing my friend have all these red 6 star characters. He said it's "easier" to max out characters now. I couldn't even max out one when Giant-Man was meta. Hopefully I'll stay around longer this time so I have something to kill time with while I'm at work.

Sinatar

Thanks. From just reading up I took Sharon Rogers as my first 6 Star. I also bought her uniform. I gave IAAG ISO-8 set. I made a dumb ass mistake of using 300 free bios on her. I completely miscount how many max stars you can get. I thought max was 7 for some reason.

Actually you're fine by doing that. There is one more rank past 6 stars called "Tier 2", to get a character to Tier 2 you need to upgrade all their equipment to +20 which takes approximately 300 - 400 bios. You also need other materials (or a ticket, which you'll get 1 free each month) to Tier 2 them.

The Kree

Banned
Thanks. From just reading up I took Sharon Rogers as my first 6 Star. I also bought her uniform. I gave IAAG ISO-8 set. I made a dumb ass mistake of using 300 free bios on her. I completely miscount how many max stars you can get. I thought max was 7 for some reason. I should have 6* Loki by next week when I get my free 6* token.

I hit a massive roadblock on Chapter 11. I can't get past 11-1 after cruising all the way through there. I guess it's just a matter off upgrading Sharon and waiting for Loki and getting a third level 60. I'm guessing this is going to be BP. Unless people have suggestions on who should be my third in the group.

I also reupped my old Stark loot subscription. I also got the 20 bios daily. I'm using it for Carnage. It's the best one from what people said. I will take up your advice on the people to farm.

I'm still new to the World Boss mechanic. I left the right before the Agents of Shield update got introduce. I just got motivate after seeing my friend have all these red 6 star characters. He said it's "easier" to max out characters now. I couldn't even max out one when Giant-Man was meta. Hopefully I'll stay around longer this time so I have something to kill time with while I'm at work.

Don't worry too much about clearing Chapters 11 and 12 until you can clear Doctor Strange's Epic Quest because I don't think it can be done without him (or Enchantress). I barely managed it with him and I couldn't even get 3 stars on every level in Ch. 12.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Don't worry too much about clearing Chapters 11 and 12 until you can clear Doctor Strange's Epic Quest because I don't think it can be done without him (or Enchantress). I barely managed it with him and I couldn't even get 3 stars on every level in Ch. 12.

I solo'd chapter 11 with captain marvel

Xion385

I know I've been only been back playing for 24 hours but I'm loving all the QoL changes they have made to the game. They have plenty of farmable bios for certain characters. The hot times they introduce. Sharon Rogers. The Epic Quest is pretty cool, but it might take me a while to complete because it's been a while since I played. Uniformed Sharon Rogers. The "ease" to get characters to red 6*. Sharon Rogers is a pretty cool character, too.

I hope you guys don't mind if I play catch up for a little bit if I get accepted to NeoGAF Capes. I hope to start clearing Villain Siege, World Boss, Alliance Battle, and Shadow Lands by the end of my first month. I'm getting my ass handed in timeline battle. I remember when I used to clear all ten everyday. It's a better experience now then when I left.

I've been following this Streamlined Beginner's Guide to help me out with the new modes and small targets I should get after my first month. I only have one 6* so far and it's uniformed Sharon Rogers. Loki is coming up next week. Iron Fist might be my third 60 since I hear his Netflix costume is ridiculously powerful. Unless you guys have suggestions for another characters I should build up as my third. I know Elsa is pretty strong, but I'm still having trouble clearing villain siege for her Tokens. Any suggestions would be great.

Edit: Question. Are special missions not unlimited anymore? I remember when I used to farm Giant-Man that this used to be unlimited.

Sinatar

Unless you guys have suggestions for another characters I should build up as my third. I know Elsa is pretty strong, but I'm still having trouble clearing villain siege for her Tokens. Any suggestions would be great.

You're making good choices, both Loki and Iron Fist will take you far. Elsa is great and should definitely be what you spend your chaos tokens on, but don't stress about it too much.

Edit: Question. Are special missions not unlimited anymore? I remember when I used to farm Giant-Man that this used to be unlimited.

They are unlimited, but it's a 20 minute timer, so you can run as many as you can in that 20 minutes.

If bios are your focus you can run the specials on the easiest difficulty to clear faster and get more runs in, but keep in mind that Specials are a great source of character XP and gold so running the hardest is a good idea as well.

Xion385

Okay.

If I buy 550 crystals and it says 1 + 1 = x 5, will I get 5,500 crystals? or will I just get 1100 crystals? I just wanted to make sure before I bought this pack.

Also, I got another mega rank up ticket, who should I use it on? Carnage (can I even use it on him) or someone else?

Sinatar

Also, I got another mega rank up ticket, who should I use it on? Carnage (can I even use it on him) or someone else?

You can use it on Carnage (or any of the p2w bio selector characters).

Carnage is incredibly good, so is Agent Venom, so is Enchantress and so is Kid Kaiju. If you're going to rank up any p2w characters, those are the ones to shoot for. Personally I'd do Enchantress first, she is incredibly strong even at Tier 1.

Okay.

If I buy 550 crystals and it says 1 + 1 = x 5, will I get 5,500 crystals? or will I just get 1100 crystals? I just wanted to make sure before I bought this pack.

You will get 1100 crystals. The x 5 is how many times you can buy it.

And yes, you can use mega rank ups on Carnage and any other bio sub character. Carnage is a good choice if you want to get 100k on Combat Villain day in ABX. I recommend him.

Top Bottom