• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

The 4 star node today in the Deadpool Daily took me like 15 minutes to beat. I didn't die but god damn...

guess I should get that out of the way lol.

and done took about 90 seconds.
should have been faster but despite throwing out 4 5k damage traps none of them got triggered :(

Spoit

Ugh, I massively mistimed my final clear. I budged my usual 70 minutes, and finished with half an hour to spare. Probably going to drop out of top 10 with that

Ugh, I massively mistimed my final clear. I budged my usual 70 minutes, and finished with half an hour to spare. Probably going to drop out of top 10 with that

I went the other way, gave myself about 10 less minutes than I needed and ended up not clearing the last node. At least this means my goal is now top 100 instead of top 20.

Spoit

Urg, It's hard to tell with how much harder this sub was than the last 2, but I don't think the PC is appreciably faster than mobile. the animations seem to be the same length, so the only variables would be the matches (which might be a hair faster) and cutting out a couple clicks with the powers. Which is only a microsecond faster anyway, since there seems to be a rate delay of like a second between the animation finishing and it accepting clicks.

Maybe a couple minutes over a whole clear? Took about an hour either way

4-star Captain Marvel has been champed, my 26th 4-star champion.

Later on tonight I should be able to finish off the champing of 3-star Hawkeye (finally), I had plenty of more important folks to champ first.

4-star Captain Marvel has been champed, my 26th 4-star champion.

Later on tonight I should be able to finish off the champing of 3-star Hawkeye (finally), I had plenty of more important folks to champ first.

You guys were right about champing 4* Captain Marvel. Holy crap she's nuts when boosted. 28k health and an easy attack that does 25k damage. Damn. I got the 4* Thor from progression and am at 12/13 covers for her.

I'm still a ways off from champing 3* Hawkeye & Star Lord though....

Screenshot_20170715_024046.png

I want that.

zulux21

added blade and medusa to my champs today.

my 4 star champ collection is starting to look decent

note peggy isn't technically champed, mostly because I have her layout the way I want and haven't gotten another cover for her yet lol.

grocket and carnage are likely my next two targets. I need one more cover for carnage and a few for grocket. that being said I am currently broke after finishing off two 4*s so I have to build up for a while anyways lol.

Carnage + Medusa is just crazy awesome.

zulux21

I ran Carol, Switch, Iron Man 40 against level 450+ hulk in the pve. I had strike tiles with +25k damage on them.

I was running iceman + medusa + carnage.

medusa keeps the team healed and constantly fuels blue and green with carnage's help so it was just a matter of keeping hulk stunned and killing him.

Dalek

Hmmm. I don't know how I feel about this. It seems like it will require more wins for me to get the CP.

That said-this greatly reduces the frustration of getting hit like crazy between 800-900.

zulux21

Hmmm. I don't know how I feel about this. It seems like it will require more wins for me to get the CP.

That said-this greatly reduces the frustration of getting hit like crazy between 800-900.

i think the jump from 4-8 should be from 4-6 instead and then merely 3 wins each per reward after instead of 4.

but either way it will be nice to just do a couple PVP matches here and there to get a 4 star cover I want.;

It's a change that's good for the more casual players and worse for the hardcore. The hardcore coordinate on Line and shield hop for maximum points per match, so they can get to 900 in 20-25 matches. Most don't and have to deal with getting hammered down and fighting 30-45 point matches instead of 50-60. So for the hardcore, they're having to play more for the same rewards (and CP being moved to placement means they can't get to their most valuable reward without more work and/or getting lucky). But for the casual it means they can start the event at any time and just play matches for progression and not worry about placement. Ideally, the number of matches at the top would come down, and they'd put some CP back above the 4* cover, but right now it's an interesting start.

Spoit

Yeah, that's waaaaaay more work compared to the existing system. If you wait and search hard enough, the CP is only a dozen fights, max. And the 800-900 covers are like, maybe another 8 more fights after that?

So that's like double the number of fights to get the 4* cover.

For the sake of argument, 900 points over 40 wins would have to be under 22.6 points per match

Dalek

Yeah, that's waaaaaay more work compared to the existing system. If you wait and search hard enough, the CP is only a dozen fighter ts, max. And the 800-900 covers are like, maybe another 8 more fights after that?

For the sake of argument, 900 points over 40 wins would have to be under 22.6 points per match

Right. The new system is a good idea-taking away points and counting wins towards progression. The number of wins however is laughably high. 40 wins???

Yeah, that's waaaaaay more work compared to the existing system. If you wait and search hard enough, the CP is only a dozen fights, max. And the 800-900 covers are like, maybe another 8 more fights after that?

To the bolded, not really, at least not for me. 575-900 being 8 matches would mean averaging over 40 points a match. I do not average over 40 points a match once I get to/past 600. Once I get past 800, I'm usually taking anything over 35 I can find, and occasionally have to go as far down as 30 so I'm not unshielded for too long. I agree that the cutoffs are too high right now, but not everyone plays with coordination and skipping everything until they get lucky and find that 50 point match above 700. In other words, people are underestimating how many matches it takes most people to get to 800-900 (If I had to guess, I'd say that overall, people are probably averaging closer to 30-35 points a match than 40-45). Which is why I'd be fine with lowering the 4* cover to 25-30 matches (30-36 points per match) instead of 40.

Spoit

It might take checking back multiple times over the course of the shield, but I've always been able to queue up at least 2 50 point matches during a final shielded push ~800, without any sort of coordination whatsoever. And for just regular climbing? I almost never go for fights below the break even (38) point, unless they're super easy 3*s, yes those exist even after 700 or whatever

It might take checking back multiple times over the course of the shield, but I've always been able to queue up at least 2 50 point matches during a final shielded push ~800, without any sort of coordination whatsoever. And for just regular climbing? I almost never go for fights below the break even (38) point, unless they're super easy 3*s, yes those exist even after 700 or whatever

Slice matters for that as well, though. I'm slice 5, and from what I've heard I think that's actually the worst one when it comes to points.

Spoit

Shame I used up my HP on the HfH before they neutered it. This hulk vault actually has 2 4* covers I could use: a black vulture and a blue wasp

Dispatch

hmmmm I might actually play around in Vs a bit more if this sticks around

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/...-changes-in-versus-tournaments-7-20-17#latest

progression rewards in Vs won't be point based anymore instead each time you win a match you will get a victory point.

means I can join right away and beat up the starter teams and that I know exactly how long it will take to get the cover.

The stress of trying to place highly in PVP was never fun for me, so this change is better for me. I'll pick the easiest team to defeat, which should make for faster wins. Still, 40 is a huge number, sigh.

I now know the pain of getting a duplicate 5* cover.

Ouch, that sucks. I've only got one 5* with 4 covers so I'm not there yet. It's frustrating enough when it's a 4*...

The stress of trying to place highly in PVP was never fun for me, so this change is better for me. I'll pick the easiest team to defeat, which should make for faster wins. Still, 40 is a huge number, sigh.

I haven't really done any PVP stuff for the last couple of years.I found the grind way too much.

zulux21

If the pvp is too much of a grind, what the hell is the 64+ clears a day for pve?

A. I really only do like 10 clears a day for PVE and 6 for DDQ
B. I can do other things while doing it. the fact that it has taken me 2 hours to complete 2 nodes in DDQ is fine meanwhile if I started a PVP crawl and then took 2 hours to complete 2 fights I would likely be hit super hard. PVE I can sit around and do whenever and stop whenever. PVP I have to sit there for a few hours straight grinding to get high enough before I get beaten down.

If the pvp is too much of a grind, what the hell is the 64+ clears a day for pve?

The difference is that with PvE, it's a grind that's doable with any roster. PvP is a grind that only works if you have the roster for it. Basically, if you don't have 2 boosted champed 4 stars, you're not hitting 900 unless you shield hop more than a couple times, and that's if you get lucky. Even with them you end up doing it at least once, and possibly more depending on your timing. And that's ignoring the difference in scoring between slices. Moving to a system that relies more on wins than points is a worthwhile place to go when it comes to PvP. They just need to nail the specifics of it, which isn't something they've done for a while now when it comes to these large-scale changes.

Spoit

The difference is that with PvE, it's a grind that's doable with any roster. PvP is a grind that only works if you have the roster for it. Basically, if you don't have 2 boosted champed 4 stars, you're not hitting 900 unless you shield hop more than a couple times, and that's if you get lucky. Even with them you end up doing it at least once, and possibly more depending on your timing. And that's ignoring the difference in scoring between slices. Moving to a system that relies more on wins than points is a worthwhile place to go when it comes to PvP. They just need to nail the specifics of it, which isn't something they've done for a while now when it comes to these large-scale changes.

Ex-fucking-actly. I don't know why anyone would ever give them the benefit of the doubt. The one good change they made (HfH) has been rolled back after a couple months, whereas we have years of terrible decisions that show a fundamental misunderstanding of how their game actually plays, and actively disrespects their players.

Ex-fucking-actly. I don't know why anyone would ever give them the benefit of the doubt. The one good change they made (HfH) has been rolled back after a couple months, whereas we have years of terrible decisions that show a fundamental misunderstanding of how their game actually plays, and actively disrespects their players.

The last large scale change that they got mostly correct was, depending on your viewpoints, either the switch away from 8 hour refreshes for PvE, or introducing Championing, and both of those came with valid complaints.

zulux21

Riri and Mordo getting updates next season.

Riri seems like good changes

Riri Williams's health has been increased. At level 270, her health has been increased from 10,976 to 15,641.

Magnetic Repulsors - 9 Blue AP
The power now deals damage. 4 enemy special or random basic tiles are moved to the center of the board. The 4 center tiles are then converted to red basic tiles (they are charged at power levels 4 and 5).

Remote Control Gauntlets - 11 Red AP
The power now deals damage to all enemies that are not in front. If there is only one enemy, it deals twice the damage to the enemy.

Selfless Intervention - 8 Green AP
The power deals damage to the target, sending them Airborne (3 turns at power level 5). If there are at least 4 enemy special tiles, Riri is sent Airborne for one turn.

I don't know what to make of mordo's changes
Mordo's health has been reduced. At level 270, his health has been reduced to 13,995 from 16,465.

Staff of the Living Tribunal - 8 Black AP
Deal damage and convert Black basic tiles to Charged Black tiles (4 at power level 5), or deal damage to the opponent for each Black Charged tile, if there are 4 or more Black charged tiles on the board (counts a maximum of 8 Black Charged tiles).

Vaulting Boots of Valtorr - 10 Blue AP
Deals 18% more damage.

Power with Purpose - 9 Purple AP
Deals damage for each AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then destroys AP from that color (5 AP at power level 5)

looks like the spiderman event will work the same as last time.

your rewards will be loki and riri. which will make my riri 2/5/6 :/ personal rewards are not worth mentioning.

also fair warning I am not going to be too helpful in august.
the first half of the month I don't know how much internet I will have in general. at best I might hotspot in enough to do DDQ.

the end of the month I have a con to go to.

idk SCL and champs in general have been pretty solid.
bonus heroes would be solid if it wasn't done at the same time as vaulting. bonus heroes on their own aren't bad. (overall I still don't mind the vaulting)

edit: it seems vulture might not be joining the packs after the season.they will finalize the decision on monday.

Spoit

I...kinda hope that he isn't, so I can just hoard CP until the bad 5*s rotate out of latests. I should probably stockpile ISO before pulling again

zulux21

I...kinda hope that he isn't, so I can just hoard CP until the bad 5*s rotate out of latests. I should probably stockpile ISO before pulling again

I think the only current 4 star I really need covers for is grocket and he will be around for a while so maybe I will hoard.

zulux21

man... electra is a pain to beat with spiderwoman.

I will eventually be able to do it with lots of purple on the board but my 4/5/4 spiderwoman at level 150 basically auto loses as soon as she fires red or black.

man... electra is a pain to beat with spiderwoman.

I will eventually be able to do it with lots of purple on the board but my 4/5/4 spiderwoman at level 150 basically auto loses as soon as she fires red or black.

Trick is to save your black until she fires one of those two, which buys you four extra turns and, in the case of her black, probably overwrites one of her trap tiles.

zulux21

Trick is to save your black until she fires one of those two, which buys you four extra turns and, in the case of her black, probably overwrites one of her trap tiles.
Well it's really the ap steal from red that gets me especially since red doesn't only make taps on red anymore

Spoit

Wait, PvE is even more time constrained. You need to get your final clear in as close to the ending time as possible, probably the last hour or so, and then immediately roll over to getting the initial clear done immediately, and as quickly as possible.

Instead of it being an hour or so to climb from your floating point to where you shield, it's 2 hours, centered around one of the 5 slice times. Every single day.

Wait, PvE is even more time constrained. You need to get your final clear in as close to the ending time as possible, probably the last hour or so, and then immediately roll over to getting the initial clear done immediately, and as quickly as possible.

Instead of it being an hour or so to climb from your floating point to where you shield, it's 2 hours, centered around one of the 5 slice times. Every single day.

For placement. Not for progression. Max progression is just playing 5 times at any point during the day. Timing is way, way more important when it comes to reaching progression in PvP.

Edit: And honestly, I've gotten to the point where if I wait long enough on the first day before joining a slice (usually slice 5), I can just barely hit above max progression and still be top 100 in PvE in SCL 8.

Double edit: And again, PvP is still roster dependent. Like, everything you just said is only true if you have 2 boosted champed 4 stars for the week. Without that, good luck, as I literally just found out last week.

Top Bottom