• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

They were at E3? Is there footage/actual photos of them? I'd love to see em! If they're nice enough I'll keep my preorder with GCU, otherwise I'm thinking of cancelling that and bumping down to deluxe.

Yes they had the unpainted prototypes. I did not take a picture sorry.

They're all amazing in their own way. The molding looks really detailed and well done. Carol's uniform has the mesh on the fabric molded, it won't just be painted. It looks really great.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the final paint job. Painting can go sideways sometimes like with Bowen statues. However, Triforce is quality, so I'm in.

1. Not sure if this is with all characters... or if this has any viable point at all, but you can actually tag after you do level 3 during its start up frames. You cant move the character while the animations/hyper are going... Just interesting to note from one of my new findings while playing the demo.
EDIT: Characters that have a level 1 that the camera pans on can actually do this and your partner can in fact move. A good case of this is Chun LI's air hyper. You can start it up, tag (say captain marvel) and jump up and do your hyper while its going on.

2. Maybe this is just me, but I swear there are times I can tag in, and then do a hyper with the previous character. I could be 100% wrong on this. But it feels like If i do it fast enough this is possible. Again not sure on this... I could just be accidently doing a hyper, than tagging in fairly quickly without noticing it. Bad controller and all...

3. Would just like to say again, I love the time stone. Everyone is all over the reality stone, but I find the time stone the most useful. Idk, just being able to dash through projectiles and hypers makes world of a difference... And it just sets up for some great mix ups.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The new supers (mostly Level 3s) are such a disappointment in this game. Biggest downgrade.

One mechanical thing I can see changing before launch is dumping the rest of your infinity storm for a free Level 3. Damage may be low now, but I think that's going to be way too much as people optimize and get better. They said it's experimental, though.

BTW do we know if Level 3s are unscaled this time around too?

Risero

Banned
The new supers (mostly Level 3s) are such a disappointment in this game. Biggest downgrade.

One mechanical thing I can see changing before launch is dumping the rest of your infinity storm for a free Level 3. Damage may be low now, but I think that's going to be way too much as people optimize and get better. They said it's experimental, though.

BTW do we know if Level 3s are unscaled this time around too?

Level 3's sadly are no longer unscaled

I'm guessing that's in there on purpose so you can do some wacky shit with the Infinity Storm & finish with a Level 3

Just wanted to say they also said they're leaning towards keeping it in. This is just my opinion but I love it and hope they do. Its definitely a comeback mechanic.

Most X fans believe his moveset should've rivaled Dante's since he has so many different weapons in his games. Many just think the moveset was lazily put together, and a lot of them hate that Zero can move around while charging Buster.

Been seeing a lot of X fans go on and on about how his moveset was butchered.

Does anyone here agree with that?

...the moveset of a brand new character was butchered? From which fighting game?

He's got some X1 shit, and even has some throwback MM MvC1 stuff by the looks of it (been a while since I played that). I'd say it's a pretty good tribute.

Edit: Ah, that's what they mean. I still think they translated him pretty well. They can get in line behind IM or Spider-Man players if they want to complain about translation (granted, Stark is looking better).

Risero

Banned

No god moveset is great. A good mix of buster and special weapon moves and he has special weapons to represent X1-X4. Not to mention the fan service double shot super with the armor on and the fact that his level 3 lets him equip the ultimate armor! Only thing I see omitted is the Giga Crush which wouldn't work in a fighting game either. I like that he has both buster moved and special weapons unlike in Smash were Rock is a clusterfuck of special weapons with no synergy. Besides X has always had less of a focus on special weapons with how they are significantly less necessary in the X games

Edit: I will say that it's pretty dumb that Zero can charge will moving but IIRC X cannot

Ryce

Capcom probably wants characters like Ryu, X, Captain America, and Iron Man to be relatively simple to use considering their prominence and popularity. Giving X dozens of weapons and technical commands would deter newcomers from picking him.

It probably stings since SSB4 gave classic Mega many of his weapons while still remaining simple.

What did Mega Man fans think of his moveset in MvC1/2 back then?

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
I don't think assists take extra damage anymore right? It makes sense, I mean, if you get happy birthdayed in this game, that's your whole team.

Reality gem does look super stronk right now. Wonder when we get to see the remaining gems

Isn't Thanos pronounced differently in different places? I'm pretty sure Wikipedia said it's pronounced "THAN-ose" in the US but "THAN-os" (as in osmosis) in the UK.

Like Darkseed.
I pronounce it "DARK-sayd" (like hard A sound) because it sounds cooler.

I also think "THAYN-ose" sounds cooler but I'm not that edgy.

"Butchered"? Nah. A little unimaginative maybe. For example, considering how many Giga Attacks and charged special weapons X has, the addition of a Hyper like S.W.R instead which is just throwing a bunch of Slicers and Cutters seems kinda random.

It probably stings since SSB4 gave classic Mega many of his weapons while still remaining simple.

What did Mega Man fans think of his moveset in MvC1/2 back then?

It was trash garbage. After TvC made amazing movesets for Volnutt and Zero, the most exciting prospect of MvC3 to me was to see how they would change Classic Mega Man or add a different one like EXE. How'd that end up again?

I'm relieved that X is looking solid so far, I'm glad we're getting Zero back so Mega Man series representation at high level is still probable, and I'm eager to see what Sigma is like, but I think they could've worked a few more iconic X series elements into X's moveset without compromising the type of playstyle Capcom wanted with him.

I wish it felt a little more like I was controlling "side-scroller X" in a fighting game like I do with Zero and SSB4 Mega Man.

Dahbomb

LMAO Megaman fans.

The hell outta here with that crap. MMX is a perfectly valid adaptation of the character. IMO not as great as Zero or Dante but still very good.

MM fans just can't be happy. Most of them are probably aren't even going to buy the game, just complain.. they don't even buy MM games that much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going back a few pages, and while I think the notion / hopes / dreams the game will change drastically until september is far fetched, on the other hand I do find it funny we were all acting (even me) like the E3 / CEO build was the latest version internally, like days old or something, when these things are always older versions compared to what they have in the office, especially with fighters.

Man we really are ready to jump on this game's throat, even subconsciously arent we?

Sesha

I wish they'd added DPs and maybe reverse DPs just for Dante, and just have launchers on down down. I wouldn't doubt if everything that didn't fit strictly into the plan of simplifying motion for all characters got shut down by higher-ups, like Ninja Theory trying to add hard lock-on in DmC.

Trace

Banned
going back a few pages, and while I think the notion / hopes / dreams the game will change drastically until september is far fetched, on the other hand I do find it funny we were all acting (even me) like the E3 / CEO build was the latest version internally, like days old or something, when these things are always older versions compared to what they have in the office, especially with fighters.

Man we really are ready to jump on this game's throat, even subconsciously arent we?

I'll be jumping on infinite's throat until they add an option to do down-down motions as an SRK instead + fix the models and lighting. Which honestly should be like a few days of work tops but this is capcom we're talking about.

McNum

LMAO Megaman fans.

The hell outta here with that crap. MMX is a perfectly valid adaptation of the character. IMO not as great as Zero or Dante but still very good.

MM fans just can't be happy. Most of them are probably aren't even going to buy the game, just complain.. they don't even buy MM games that much.
I'm a Mega Man fan and I think X looks perfect.

X not having the walking charge makes sense to me as that ups the execution on Zero significantly, but X's role in the X games is to be the easy to use, decent power pick. Zero has all the crazy tools, and can be absolutely devastating in the right hands, but hitting his full potential is much harder. I mean, there's another attack button that X barely uses in X4 just so Zero can have more moves.

In MvC:I, their roles seem... about the same at first glance. I have no doubt Zero will be an absolute monster again. His Lightning Loops may be gone (good riddance) but it's Zero. He'll be good anyway. However, I bet newbie to intermediate players see much better results using X than Zero. And that's really how it should be. If they had made X a difficult to use character, they'd be doing him a disservice. Zero is that character.

I do hope X and Zero will have good synergy as a team. But I'm not going to play Zero. I'm not good enough to handle him. I think I can deal with X, though. He looks... kind of like my preferred style in fighting games anyway.

Capcom probably wants characters like Ryu, X, Captain America, and Iron Man to be relatively simple to use considering their prominence and popularity. Giving X dozens of weapons and technical commands would deter newcomers from picking him.

This makes the most sense.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Spidey not on the boxart is already a red flag.

This game is doomed.

It would be difficult to design Zero as an average or below fighting game character and be true to the source character just due to how ridiculous his sword normals are alone.

He's been ridiculous in both iterations of MVC3 and TVC and I don't expect him to be any less than high tier in this game.

Top Bottom